Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marco has often made his views on this clear.
I just wondered what he, and others, thought of Benfica's tactics yesterday (speaking as a fan of football)

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Awful awful tactics.....very boring...but really SPorting totally outplayed them yesterday and a lack of finishing on Sportings part may have cost them the title. But Laureano I have ALWAYS stated that it is the final result that counts.

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

http://www.fcporto-online.com

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for a mature response Marco. I agree, the Ayew header especially. I still think Sporting are the favourites as they have an easier fixture next week. Have Gil Vicente still a chance for a UEFA spot?

A great club like Benfica playing that way though...

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Gil Vicente are out of Europe. I still think that Salgueiros will be tougher than you guys think. Miki and Panduru will play there hearts out....somehow I see a Miki goal sealing your fate.

:)

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
For sporting to have outplayed us they would have had to create a lot more chances and be all over benfica. WHICH THEY WEREN'T!!!!!!!!!
Sporting had the majority of possesion in benficas half but couldnt do anything with it. Yes the tactics may have been negative but benfica played well in defense didnt let sporting do anything with the ball but in the end the tactics worked and thats what matters.
Sporting had 1 shot on target from open play which didnt trouble enke if they outplayed us how come they didnt have more shots?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Oh and if they were such awful tactics how come we won?
And dont say we were lucky because if that was the case sporting would have had more than 1 shot on target from open play.
The fact is that we were more effective!

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
your defense played great. SLB be happy for your win thats it thats all. Hell I was a Benfiquista yesterday and I was happy. Sporting had more possesion and made better runs....but Jupp made better substitutions and Benfica paced themselves better. Benfica started playing better in the last 15 minutes of the game. In reality a 0-0 draw was more feasible but Sabry's golden foot saw the end of that possibility. Anyways SLB i need your help. I know you live in England so please tell me something. I started a new season in CM 2000 with Millwall for fun. I had a lot of fun playing. PLease tell me how many London based clubs are in divisions 1-2-3 in England.

Thanks
:)

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Marco here goes:
arsenal (prem)
chelsea (prem)
west ham (prem)
tottenham (prem)
Wimbledon (prem)
watford (prem) next season div 1 watford sometimes are considered a london club because they are right on the outskirts of london like amadora and lisbon but they probably arent considered a london club most of the time

charlton (div1) next season prem
fulham (div 1)
qpr (div 1)
crystal palace (div1)

millwall (div 2) in the play offs so could be div 1 next season
brentford (div 2)
wycombe (div 2) wycombe are a bit like watford but a bit further out so most of the time arent considered a london club

leyton orient (div 3)
barnet (div 3) in the playoffs so could be div 2 next season

Hope I helped
Dont get me wrong I was over the moon with our victory yesterday but I disagree that sporting were this far superior team.

[This message has been edited by SLB (edited 08-05-2000).]

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
I finished 11th in my first season after being 23rd at Christmas time. Only 5 points out of promotion-playoff. A team that was last at midseason finishes 11th...not bad in my book. I took england because there are a lot of games to play. I played in 3 cups and the league. My boys were busy. I only lost 2 games in my last 24 so I should gain promotion the following year.

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

·
Registered
646 Posts
SLB definately didn't watch the match as i can remember at least 2 shots that were on target.
De francheschi
Barbosa
They also hit the post and had about 10-15 attempts on goal.

Benfica had only 3 attempts on goal all game against sportings 10-15.

Benfica couldn't even string 2 passes together in the final third and must have only had about 4 attacks all game.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Next time watch the game before posting such imbecilic nonsense.

YOU YOURSELF said they had 11 direct free kicks.
That makes 11 right, doh.
Add at least 4 from open play - Ayew, DeFrancheschi, Barbosa, Tonito ....and guess what, you get at least 15.

When's your Maths GCSE mate, i suggest you start revising.

Next time please take a moment to think before posting your idiotic drivel.

[This message has been edited by Santamaria (edited 10-05-2000).]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts