Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few players should be back... mainly

Crespo... Cudicini (I think) and Duff who should be on the bench.

I think we will win this, although it will be bitterly cold.

Cheslea put Stuttgart to the sword...

Stuttgart 0 - Chelsea 3

(Mutu 1, Crespo 1, Lamprd 1)

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Even if Chelsea play like 11 headless chickens at times, they should take care of Stuttgart pretty easily. If Crespo is back I might have to deduct a goal I would have given you in my prediction; he is shit. :)

Lampard had a surprisely crappy game last time, shouldn't happen again. Mutu, what can we say? I hope he plays well. :eek:

Jack, do you know when Damien Duck is back? Its such a shame he was your most expensive purchase and he's always on the bench. Should be a definate starter in my opinion.

Anyway, back to the game...

Score:

Stuttgart 1-2 Chelsea

Kuranyi

Lampard
Gudjohnsen

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes Andrei, 'Damien Duck ;)' is back in full training. He'll be on the bench.

The important thing here, is to slow the pace of the game down.. and we'll win. Just like the game against besiktas, we were awesome then.

C'mon Chelsea.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
i think it all depends on chelsea. if chelsea plays like they did recently i fear a loss...but if they play like a team and they use their great offensive firepower:duff,mutu,gronky,crespo and so on they will break through the stuttgart defense and win this one.

my prediction is 2-0
terry,lampard

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
A 0-3 win for Chelski? :eek:

I have said this before that Chelsea's squad has more of a European outlook to it and it is better suited for Europe. Chelsea do have the edge in this tie but not a 0-3.

I've read that it is pretty cold in Deutschland so don't expect a lot of goals and Chelsea will be lucky enough to come out of there without too much damage.

2-1 for Stuttgart IMO. Chelsea will win the Tie though. ;)

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
2-0 to stuttgart.

you lack the experience playing in CL with the current team, and the players lack understanding eachother, mutu just plains sucks CURRENTLY (so dont shoot my head off, he is a great player, but his missing to much goals right now)

cudicini injured? not good for you, your other goalies suck. but atleast your getting cech...however next season.

one of your best players duff i think is out, so thats not good news.

no veron, have veron, doesnt really matter, his not playing.

makelele is past his prime.

maybe you have more luck at home with duff back.

however i think it will be a draw, or stuttgart to win.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Stuttgart is not in the form they were earlier in the season just by looking at the results but I dont know much about the German teams.

I expect a win here anyways even though we suck according to ^ :D

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
polaris said:
Stuttgart is not in the form they were earlier in the season just by looking at the results but I dont know much about the German teams.

I expect a win here anyways even though we suck according to ^ :D
yes you, CURRENTLY do suck. was at the start of the season, title champions blah blah blah. now you are out of all hopes except champions league. ( fa cup exit, title almost gone, league cup gone etc etc)

however champions league, this is your first year. and this time the teams look hot. i really doubt you can win it. maybe this fixture, but then the next stage will be hell.

my tips for final are ac milan vs juve or real madrid

:)

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FO.

Biased ;O.

Celta Vigo will knock you out, Arsenal are next to useless in the champions league.

We've played 2 seaons, and we still habe more experience :rollani: .. you should have been knocked out :(.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
probably it is the most exciting game tonight. i do remember how chelsea destroyed lazio in england. optimistic for chelsea. but stuttgart should not be underestimated as they did fight back another english team manu in germany.

1-1 for chelsea.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
i read somewhere that mutu wont play tonight,dont know why.
but if crespo is back..than ok.
i predict a draw

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Stuttgart is crap lately.
Only won one of last 8 games or so.
But their defense is still quite good with only conceding 10 goals in the Bundelige (table topper Bremen are second best in that department with 21 goals conceded).
I expect a boring game 0-0, or a close 1-0 win for one side.
But overall Chelsea should make it into next round.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Mutu is out with a 'leg injury.'

No big loss the way he is playing now. :(

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes Mutu has an injured strained thigh that he sustained vs Arsenal.

Hopefully he'll get some rest, so he can get back to early season form.

Eidur and Crespo upfront sounds tasty though :)

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Crespo is crappy, I hope he gets injured again.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
JackoTheDon said:
Yes Mutu has an injured strained thigh that he sustained vs Arsenal.

Hopefully he'll get some rest, so he can get back to early season form.
He isn't tired. If you see him for Romania you'd notice.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Stuggart were way better! A Lucky win!! Chelski;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts