Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Stunning" Announcement on 5th July over an inspirational United player to be made...

So says rednews.com and redcafe.com has copied this piece of news.. I've been visiting Redcafe since forever and they normally don't copy over news that's bull****...

http://www.redcafe.net/news/story.php3?id=20020620150047

"There is a degree of speculation surrounding one of United's 'inspirational' players. Sources close to the club have suggested there is to be a shock announcement soon regarding this players future.

As yet, the club hasn't comments on these reports, so the news is still speculation.

Rednews reported earlier that:

"We have it from a source very close to an inspirational United player that, to put it into words from our source: 'Apparently there is going to be an announcement on the 5th of July which will stun people'."

Watch this space for developments."

Check out their forum going crazy... most posts suggest that it's Ruud going to Madrid (I don't believe it though, it's probably just Veron)!

http://forum.redcafe.net/forum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=007371

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
or maybe keano going to celtic? :confused: :depress:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
veron leaving for juve/lazio??? :confused: i really don't think keane'd leave...i think it would be veron...

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Neither Veron nor Ruud falls into the "inspirational" category,do they.

The first name that comes to mind is Roy Keane but the chances of that happening is almost negative as United havent got an adequate cover for this brilliant Irishman(no matter how well Nicky does in WC).

The other name that rings abell is Ryan Giggs.A lot of people specially fans of other clubs have suggested that Giggsy might be let go to cash in on his value.What are the chances of that happening??(Dont ask me!!:eek:).However one things certain that if Giggsy leaves then be sure to see Duff playing for us next season.

Personally I dont want Giggsy to leave because you cannot find players of his calibre everyday and the club''s blessed to have him.Lets hope its just a sh!tty rumour and nothing else.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
K-2 said:

The first name that comes to mind is Roy Keane...
I would've said Phil Neville ...

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I dunno, I don't think we need to add too much value to the word "inspirational"... oftentimes, these pretty words are used in such serious announcements because they at least wanna be respectful. But let's hope it's bollocks.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
i think ruud would fall under the 'inspirational' category.....probably the best striker weve had since the 90's dominance began, and hes only been here a year

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay there's more news... Rednews reckons the big news on 5th July probably is a major new signing (Rio)...

"Under the spreading chestnut tree...sorry, wrong script.

We'll have to wait to see exactly what and if there is any big news on July 5th to come, basically we weren't leaving any details out with yesterday's story as we said all that we knew. This of course has led to some intense speculation as to what, if any, shock big news there could be to come. Our own take is that surely it must mean a big signing on the way. We have done some delving and one source within OT has said he senses optimism at United that Rio is our way bound, and we've now more chance of getting him than not. We shall see."

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
if it was keano leaving it would really represent the end of an era, however nicky butt make not have his motivational assets, but his ability isn't far off and i'm sure he'd jump at the chance to take keano's place as the hub of the team. let's hope it doesn't come to that though.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Rio's arrival at OT looks imminent.It'd be a huge signing specially since the England CD looks absolute gem in the biggest showcase tournament on Earth.

Get him Fergie!!!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If we DO get Rio, it'd be great... but I hope we get another defender to partner him... maybe a cheaper one (not a big name) but still rated highly.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I hope the big news has nothing to do with anyone at Man U leaving (atleast not the big names). I just hope the big news is either about Rio of Thuram coming to Man U (preferably Rio).

·
Registered
322 Posts
i would love for us to land rio but i just can`t see it happening,why would one of our hated rivals sell thier captain to us when they can sell him to another big name club(i heard the two milan clubs want him too)for the same or more money.

·
International
9,526 Posts
true..but Rio will have a say in this as well though. I don't know, but I think he's the type of lad who will want to prove himself in the place he knows best. Leeds can't offer him what United can. Thats no backhander at Leeds, its just a question of resources.
Why go to the milan sides, when really, he can have it all here, right on his doorstep.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Nero said:
5th of June?

David May is probably making a comeback.
:howler::howler::howler::howler::howler:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Manchester United Confirm Interest In Ferdinand
News Archive

Ferdinand has come of age (Allsport)
06/23/2002. Manchester United chairman Martin Edward's has confirmed his side are interested in signing Leeds defender Rio Ferdinand.

The centre-back has been one of the stars of the World Cup with a number of sensational performances that saw him likened to Bobby Moore.

Edwards told BBC Radio Five Live that it is "no secret that Ferdinand was a great player who would certainly improve our squad".

"Whether Leeds are prepared to sell him is another matter," he added.

Ferdinand cost Leeds ?8m when they signed him from West Ham United two-years ago, however they could be set to receive double that figure if they decide to sell him.

On the same day Leeds' manager David O'leary has suggested he wouldn't stand in Ferdinand's way if he wished to join Manchester United.

O'leary told the Sunday People: "I will talk to him about his future now he has returned from the World Cup and find out what he wants to do.

"The bottom line is that if Rio tells me he thinks that Manchester United are a bigger club and that he wants to go on to another level, then what can you do?"

soccerage ;)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts