Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Şükrü Saracoğlu Stadı
October 25th, 19:00

After a tough derby loss, I'm expecting the team to bounce back this week. Didn't play bad just couldn't put the ball in the net. Alves and Bekir are suspended so Kadlec will definitely start and either Serdar or Topal will fill in next to him.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Alves was absent from training today. Not sure who made that decision. Some talk that the club fined him for his red card, others said that Aziz claimed he has played his last game in a FB uniform.

EDIT: Others say Alves apologized at the end of the GS game to the team in the locker room and Kartal gave him off today because he is "demoralized."

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
He needs to be shipped off in January.

A shame, when not a psycho he's a great defender. But he was the single and only reason why we lost any sort of advantage in the derby, which was likely destined to a draw at worst.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
I really like him but this is the second time he's blown it and blown it with pure stupidity. We've seen other red cards, like Emre, for example, but this one is on another level.

At the same time, we see a guy like RM who has missed half a season and yet there was 'no outcry' from anyone regarding his behavior.

I would fight hard as a team to keep him here. Considering we're going to rely on Bekir and Kladec, I would seriously consider keeping him until we have a CB that will be permanent. He is the only one who is so far, the others are either injured or off form. At least keep him until we have a replacement, so if we find one in January then ok let him go. But he is one guy I'll miss.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He was back at training today. I agree we should get rid of him in January, but I can't see many bidders for a 32 year old CB unless they have a defensive crisis and use him as a quick plug until summer.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
You know its always these players with 'issues' who are out performing the rest. Alves, RM, Emre, Caner, Sow and Emenike. The drama is constant and as soon as one issue is resolved it is someone else's turn to shit the bed no?

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
As long as the coach is able to maintain the egos, we saw that work nice with Ersun. But yes, we need to tackle both foreign and domestic, which means the entire starting 11. Volkan, GG, Emre, Bekir, Caner all loose their shit. Sow and Emenike always have some emo problem. RM and Brunu can't control themselves. So we're not left with much.

If what I read is true, I like the way Kartal is trying to handle the situation - you cant let Emre and RM off the hook and give them so many chances but get rid of Bruno after 2 red cards. Its not logical.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The starting line-up:

FENERBAHÇE: Volkan, Gökhan, Mehmet Topal, Kadlec, Hasan Ali Kaldırım, Meireles, Emre, Alper, Dirk Kuyt, Pierre Webo, Moussa Sow
TEKNİK DİREKTÖR: İsmail Kartal

GENÇLERBİRLİĞİ: Ramazan, Hakan, Ahmet, Tosic, Hikmet, Guido, Petrovis, Doğa, Nizamettin, Berat, Stancu
TEKNİK DİREKTÖR: İrfan Buz

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
3 points but still can't score from open play. Has to dramatically improve with the toughest match of the season next week.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Yep, next week should be interesting.

We heard a bit of protests from the GFB group but they were instantly drowned out by the the majority Aziz Yildirimspor fans.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts