Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ali Sami Yen Spor Kompleksi - Türk Telekom Arena
October 18th, 19:00

So the first derby of the season is upon us. A bunch of team news to go over. Bekir is the only suspension so it will probably be Alves and Kadlec at CB with the usual Gokhan and Caner. Topal and Emre will most likely be in front of them with Alper on the left, Kuyt on the right and Diego behind Emenike. Emenike has one more game tomorrow for Nigeria so hopefully he will return uninjured. Pierre Webo's mother passed away, no news on what is going on with him. Gecmis olsun, Pierre. Sow was injured and returned to Istanbul today instead of staying for Senegal's match tomorrow. Volkan is still training separately so we may see Mert in net.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
I think we may see RM in here too, honestly I would have him over Emre as he can't keep his shit together in these kind of games.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
RM did get a red card though too...

RM is actually quite a good distributor of the ball. He isn't exactly rated well by most but i think this team is missing the width he'd used to force on our style of play. Feels like our CM's always opt for the short pass to the wings, and in most instances, to wing backs or wingers who are already under pressure. Will be nice to see him bring that to the table again.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Emre has been quite good this year though. Thats the tough part... he just cant let Melo get in his face and let it bother him

Either way, Im leaning toward Gala having the advantage this game mostly from a home field stand point.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would rather see Raul start as well, but if Emre is fit you know he will get the nod. Cenk is right though about Emre having a good season. He also looks like he has calmed down a bit but every time we bring that up he does the opposite. Also, the ref is Cuneyt lmao

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Emre has been playing well I agree but he's blown it too many times in this fixture. The guy just looses it every time - when we need him the most.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Match squad:
Volkan Demirel, Mert Günok, Gökhan Gönül, Hasan Ali Kaldırım, Caner Erkin, Michal Kadlec, Bruno Alves, Serdar Kesimal, Selçuk Şahin, Mehmet Topal, Emre Belözoğlu, Raul Meireles, Alper Potuk, Diego Ribas, Moussa Sow, Dirk Kuyt, Pierre Webo ve Emmanuel Emenike.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The starting line-up:

Volkan Demirel, Gökhan Gönül, Bruno Alves, Michal Kadlec, Caner Erkin, Mehmet Topal, Emre Belözoğlu, Raul Meireles, Alper Potuk, Dirk Kuyt, Emmanuel Emenike

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
We're playing better than they are for sure. But Emenike is just lost, terrible, and looks like he has no desire to play.

Put back Sow in his original position, striker, and he will finish the chances Emenike is fluffing up. Everyone else is playing fine.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts