Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manisa 19 Mayis Stadi
September 28th, 19:00

After scraping by Gaziantep, now a trip to Manisa to play Akhisar. They are level with us and Besiktas on 7 points at the top of the league. Volkan's suspension is over so he will be back in goal. Webo may replace Emenike or Sow in the lineup and Meireles may be back. Gekas has started the season on fire and Alves and Bekir will need to be at their best to keep him off the score sheet.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Egemen and Meireles still training individually, Serdar didn't practice today due to illness and Volkan was out due to back pain.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Volkan, Egemen, Meireles or Emre.

Mert Günok, Erten Ersu, Gökhan Gönül, Hasan Ali Kaldırım, Caner Erkin, Serdar Kesimal, Michal Kadlec, Bekir İrtegün, Bruno Alves, Selçuk Şahin, Mehmet Topal, Alper Potuk, Mehmet Topuz, Diego Ribas, Moussa Sow, Dirk Kuyt, Pierre Webo ve Emmanuel Emenike

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
They've had 3 shots so far...not sure what the problem is here but we're pretty off today. This looks like the Aykut days.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
He's actually worse than Aykut so far. At least we played semi-decent football under Aykut.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Pretty bad by Alves there...its looking pretty bad so far. We're just missing something things are not falling in place yet, hopefully it will pick up.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
He's actually worse than Aykut so far. At least we played semi-decent football under Aykut.
We had excuses with Aykut due to the whole sike thing, but its been a couple years now so there shouldn't be any more excuses. I expect more, esp from a guy who has been around for quite a bit.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually Alper is the only one (besides Sow, but he looks out of it lately) who wants to take on players IMO. Everyone else dribbles up and as soon as they get close to defender they stop and pass it backwards. No movement up front at all. You have a guy like Diego to create play and give the deadly passes but no runs to give it to anyone. So stagnant it's annoying to watch.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol the simplest of counter attacks is a goal threat every time. Game over. Time wasting started at minute 35 and we have no urgency and no attack.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have we ever worked on a set piece during training? I haven't seen a corner yet that we have had anyone in a white jersey even remotely close to.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just a dreadful game all around. I was surprised that he took out Alves and Kuyt thought, I thought they were untouchable. So how long until Aziz somehow blames the referee for this loss?

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
They played really well too...so maybe its a bit of both they're on fire and we're sucking ass. Like a double whammy? Been a while since I've seen such an abysmal performance

1 - 20 of 34 Posts