Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dr. Necmettin Şeyhoğlu Stadium
January 31st, 19:00

Have to take advantage of a side that is only one point above relegation and the coach tried to resign after their last league match. Last I heard, Kafkas submitted his resignation but the board declined it. Hopefully we are catching them during a period of dissarray. Kafkas could be using this as a morale booster to get the team to rally around him, we will see on Saturday. Ahmet Ilhan is still injured and they will also be without Valentin Viola and Samba Sow, who both received red cards last time out. (If cards are not carried over to the cup. I'm not sure. I see neither one participated in their cup match today.) Emre is out for sure, Kuyt is a possible miss and Meireles and Hasan trained individually today. Sow should be back in Istanbul by Friday night at the latest but it is unclear if he will feature. His travel will be a factor but he didn't feature in Senegal's last game so his legs might be fresh.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Meireles ended up not making the trip. Sow included.

Volkan Demirel, Mert Günok, Gökhan Gönül, Caner Erkin, Michal Kadlec, Emmanuel Emenike, Diego Ribas, Selçuk Şahin, Bruno Alves, Pierre Webo, Alper Potuk, Egemen Korkmaz, Mehmet Topal, Dirk Kuyt, Moussa Sow, Bekir İrtegün, Mehmet Topuz, Serdar Kesimal ve Uygar Mert Zeybek

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Volkan, Gokhan, Alves, Egemen, Caner, Topal, Selcuk, Kuyt, Diego, Alper, Emenike

Moussa on the bench. Emenike seems to score against his former side hopefully he can get one today which would help his confidence. Samba Sow and Viola both start so their suspensions were served during the cup match midweek.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kuyt can't even stand up. I would take him out. He just botched a really promising counter.
Yeah he did. If we went up 2-0 by halftime game could have been over. Selcuk scores on his birthday, it's just destiny for the guy lol. Besides that like lazy said it's pretty bo isn't. The early goal is helping us control the tempo but Dmenike needs to be more involved. Diego is having another nice game and Sow will probably feature a bit in the second half. The one thing I notice is that we keep putting ourselves in trouble with the crazy pressing. You have to know when to press and when to let off not just press all over. They get three passes and they've been in behind Gokhan and Caner a few times.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
yea Kuyt is lost and Alper is limping a bit. We have 2 guys on the wings who are out of it. Should really get Sow in there.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
2-1 we got off easy here. I find it hard to believe this Karabuk team is in the relegation zone with this display.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Glad Emenike scored but the end of the match was nerve racking due to Topuz falling asleep at the back post and Webo missing a sitter. Still an important three points and the win streak keeps on going.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2-1 we got off easy here. I find it hard to believe this Karabuk team is in the relegation zone with this display.
I think the whole Kafkas resignation crap was all a morale ploy for his team. Pulled that so the team would rally around him and really go for it today.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts