Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan Stadium :howler:
January 24th, 19:00

Emre was injured in the cup match yesterday which doesn't matter because he and Topal are suspended for this game. Topal is a big loss and Egemen and Alves will need to be on their game without his protection in front of them. Sow is at AFCON as well so missing three starters. Really need Emenike to start scoring or better yet just start playing well. He hasn't looked mentally into a game in a long time.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I would start Webo instead of Emenike till Sow gets back. Webo isn't the fastest or strongest of our strikers but he does a lot of little things and is a better finisher than Emenike and to an extent Sow.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Volkan, Gokhan, Alves, Egemen, Caner, Selcuk, Meireles, Diego, Alper, Kuyt, Emenike

Almighty Selcuk starting so we can't lose.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
ITs a little slow now since we scored.. I'd like to see Topuz in here later on maybe for RM if we score another one.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well played first half IMO. The goal was brilliant build up play. Meireles the one two with Kuyt to Emenike, in the middle to Diego and the lay off to Kuyt. Like you mentioned lazy, Emenike is working hard and pressuring even if he isn't getting scoring chances. He looks a little re-energized. Defense has been solid but we need to get another goal because they have too many players such as Babel, Scarione, Adem that can create one chance by themselves.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
We've lost complete control of this game. Need a sub in quick for the attack, either with Webo or Topuz.Also, I felt Caner got lucky with the yellow for that kick...knowing his temper and reputation that could have been a red. He needs to get out.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Our performance this time was more around a team effort. We're not gonna judge too much yet, but if this continues then Kartal has done a good job during the break and is onto something. Time will tell. Really liked the fact that Emenike played like a bulldozer and the guys supporting him behind acted as 1 unit.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was impressed with our play yesterday for most part. We controlled most of the tempo and Diego was great. Two assists and should have had a goal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts