Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bursa Atatürk Stadium
November 24th, 20:00

Tough trip away coming up this Monday. Senol Gunes has these guys playing better and better and they have been on a roll lately. Bakambu has come alive and Josue is in form. Along with Fernandao up front, they will have to be closely watched. Egemen is finally training normally with the team but I doubt he will play in this one. Bruno Alves (who I read had a solid game today for Portugal against Argentina and played 90 minutes), Kadlec, Emenike and Sow are still away at international duty. Emre, Topuz, Serdar, Mert, Webo and Topal all trained individually today. Emre and Gokhan are doubts for the match so Ismail may have to alter the back line.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
19 players traveling to Bursa:

Volkan Demirel, Mert Günok, Gökhan Gönül, Hasan Ali Kaldırım, Hakan Çinemre, Caner Erkin, Michal Kadlec, Bruno Alves, Bekir İrtegün, Selçuk Şahin, Mehmet Topal, Emre Belözoğlu, Raul Meireles, Alper Potuk, Diego Ribas, Moussa Sow, Dirk Kuyt, Emmanuel Emenike, Pierre Webo

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Volkan Demirel, Gökhan Gönül, Bekir İrtegün, Michal Kadlec, Caner Erkin, Mehmet Topal, Diego Ribas, Dirk Kuyt, Raul Meireles, Alper Potuk, Emmanuel Emenike

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Starting Line-ups for both teams:

BURSASPOR: Harun, Şener, Civelli, Serdar, Aziz Behich, Belluschi, Ozan, Volkan, Josue, Fernandao, Bakambu
TEKNİK DİREKTÖR: Şenol Güneş

FENERBAHÇE: Volkan, Gökhan, Bekir, Kadlec, Caner, Mehmet Topal, Meireles, Diego, Alper, Kuyt, Emenike
TEKNİK DİREKTÖR: İsmail Kartal

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are so crap at away games. Worst possible start with Caner falling asleep for the goal, feel asleep again and Volkan almost scored again. Plus he got a stupid yellow for not shutting up and Ismail subs in Hasan for him and he throws the ball away and storms down the tunnel like a child. It was the right change but don't throw a fit when you've been shit the whole game and could bring us down to 10 men. Should have went to Europe this summer but he'd rather stay and yell at the refs after every single call like he's going to change his mind. After the goal we've controlled the midfield but haven't cut out any real clear chances besides two wayward headers from Topal and Kuyt. I would change Sow for Kuyt starting the second half. The problem with starting horribly is that we are the worst team in the league at defending a counter attack and that's all this game will be now.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I agree that Caner's behaviour hasn't been professional. However, I understand that why he gets pissed to an extent. Volkan Sen was arguing with refs and doesn't get punish for it while Caner, Emre, Volkan, GG gets punish for exact same things. There is a double-standard against those four players (rightfully or not) and they are getting fed up with the way the refs haven't giving them the benefit of the doubt.

When top refs like Huseyin Gockek, Cunyet Cakir, and Fırat Aydınus punish them (valid reasons or by mistake) and they see other players get away with murder. They lose it, again I don't approve Caner, Volkan, GG, and Emre for there actions. But would nice to see them not being targeted.

Nice to see that Mehmet Topal is doing alright after he landed on his head.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Tuned into the second half, we're playing like complete dog shit.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
And just as I said that Kuyt scored the luckiest goal of his life. Total fluke lol

·
Галатас&
5,898 Posts
Didn't Keita almost score or scored a goal like that vs Bursa a couple years back?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Rastgele,

I've never defended Caner's behaviour, but he gets punished harshers due to a mix a his own doing and a bit of reputation while others player get away with exact same things or worse.

·
Галатас&
5,898 Posts
If Turkish refs had balls to do their job properly, Caner would get sent off in every game.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Unbelievable how Bursa didn't score in the last 10 minutes. Lucky

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll take a draw. We had no cohesion going forward today, I'm hoping it's due to the international break. Diego went off injured so that's not good news. One thing I keep forgetting is that we have already played Bursa, BJK, Trabzon and GS away so we have a fixture advantage from here on out in my eyes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'll take a draw. We had no cohesion going forward today, I'm hoping it's due to the international break. Diego went off injured so that's not good news. One thing I keep forgetting is that we have already played Bursa, BJK, Trabzon and GS away so we have a fixture advantage from here on out in my eyes.
:thmbup: Exactly my thoughts.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts