Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Şükrü Saracoğlu
August 31st, 21:00

After the Super Cup win the squad should have high morale heading into the league opener on Sunday. Bruno Alves will miss the match because of injury so Kadlec will start at cb next to Bekir. Let's see if Diego is fit and hopefully, like Cenk said, Ismail isn't afraid to break up the old boys club. Volkan could be suspended after the Super Cup shenanigans so we might see Mert in net.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I don't agree with Volkan's actions during the Super Cup. But in on way shape or form should GS cry about it when they have Melo on the books. Over the past season Melo has done worse things than what Volkan has done in the past 5 seasons. Also he almost broke Emre's ankle yesterday and got away with no punishment.

You bet that once a punishment has been given to Volkan the board is going to post something on the club website. They will try and put pressure on the TFF so they can make sure that Melo doesn't get away with anymore dirty crap and taunt or flip the bird to other players on the field during the game.

Again I don't agree with Volkan's actions but Melo had it coming.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Emre was stomped on by Telles. However, you're right Melo is a gigantic piece of shit and Volkan is just stooping that low lifes level, which in turn, makes Volkan a low life.

Unprofessionalism just oozes out of this league.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
does anybody really come out on top with this bullshit behaviour? seriously?

Emre gets kicked out of the game, Melo looks like he belongs in a cage.

Volkan looks like a moron, Melo looks brutal with that penalty.

Bos oyunlar, the best approach is not to play.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
You make it sound like its just a few of them - what about Burak's constant bitching, Caner's asshole antics, Bekirs dirty plays, Telles persistent fouls on the same player. Half the guys are just waiting to explode..the thing is it only happens in this game. Otherwise I think its just kept to a minimum

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I dont get why he should get banned for what he said though? I mean, not like he said it live on the "official" match channel. And wtf has Trabzon got to do with it :howler: but yes, hopefully he does get banned. I preffer see Mert or Ertugrul in goals instead.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
You can't expect him not to get banned for doing that especially after what he said. He is just basically saying i did what i did and even after i am proud, its not like he he said it was a heat of the moment and apologised to melo (who i know is no angel and paid his dues in the past).

These guys are role models to a lot of kids and that behaviour anywhere in professional football is bullshit so any player needs to take his punishment and stop bitching, they get paid millions and still cant behave like a normal ****ing adult its embarrassing.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I still believe he shouldn't get a ban for his statement. (I don't think he can anyway, as it wasn't said on the "official" match channel). I'm for banning both Melo and Volkan for life though.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Great news. It is a crying shame that a (potentially) better, younger keeper is made to rot on the bench while this overweight ape is allowed to pound his chest and act like the village idiot. Mert is a great prospect and Ertugrul has impressed me on his loan spells.

I'll never understand why FB resisted the urge to sell Volkan. They could easily get a decent amount of money by letting him go abroad and also slash a big chunk off the wage bill.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Great news. It is a crying shame that a (potentially) better, younger keeper is made to rot on the bench while this overweight ape is allowed to pound his chest and act like the village idiot. Mert is a great prospect and Ertugrul has impressed me on his loan spells.

I'll never understand why FB resisted the urge to sell Volkan. They could easily get a decent amount of money by letting him go abroad and also slash a big chunk off the wage bill.
Mert will get his time. No need to rush...

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
its time for him to play, there is a rush at this point. This is the most developmental part of a senior team keepers years... he's 25! he should be in his prime in 5 years... it's time to play him, and the time is now... AT LATEST next year.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Starting line-ups for both teams:

FENERBAHÇE: Mert,Gökhan,Bekir,Kadlec,Caner, M.Topal,Meireles,Emre,Kuyt,Sow,Emenike
TEKNİK DİREKTÖR: İsmail Kartal

KARABÜKSPOR: Waterman - Erdem, Emre Güngör, Mabiala, Aykut - Yiğit, Samba Sow - Viola, Hakan Özmert, Erkan Kaş - Kumbela
TEKNİK DİREKTÖR: Tolunay Kafkas

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tough start. They have had some competitive matches already and Tolunay would live to send us to Trabzon with less than 3 points. Maybe parking the bus from kickoff.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts