Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
I think G.G. will be out too for this one. Thats too bad, he was really on form the past month or so.

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
fan - we are going to support our team like crazy

gg - we are ready to die if we have to

how does that make sense?

gg tweeting "i have diarrhea" would have made just as much sense.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he's ready to die on the pitch for this team, i dont understand how it doesn't make sense?

He's just metaphorically saying they're going to play their hearts out.

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts

·
19,147 Posts
he's ready to die on the pitch for this team, i dont understand how it doesn't make sense?

He's just metaphorically saying they're going to play their hearts out.
depends on how you interprete "gerekirse ölmeye geliyoruz" i guess. its usually something you'd probably say when you're about to participate in a fight involving knives or whatever, not when the other guy says "we're going to beat you".

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
Probably because the Trabzon fans will be bring knives to the stadium, among other things :D

·
19,147 Posts
problem is, he's taking the words of the trabzon fans out of context when answering with a sentence like that which doesnt really belong to football-related talk. he adds unneccessary tension too, the last thing turkish football needs right now.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
buzy is right in my opinion. No one says "gerekirse oluruz" or some shit like that without a fight being involved. He could have said "Terimizin son damlasina kadar mucadele ederiz" or some generic shit like that.

But the FB players know that Trabzon fans don't care much for football they're all about fighting and to wind them up and have a potential pitch invasion will result in a 3-0 FB win. If I was Gokhan I would wind them up a little bit more lol Gokhan is a caveman he can take a couple of clubs to the head.

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think people are reading far too much into Gokhans comments :D

Says they're going there and are willing to die (not literally) for the team. Nothing more or less frankly.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I can't believe this is the topic of conversation ....

So immature ... you can't take it and translate it word for word and have it mean the same way.

in turkish that makes perfect sense... I would take gg's turkish speaking writing skills and reading skills over anyone that is on xtratime... and if gg were to correct any of our english I'd tell him to ef off...

When we say " I want you to play your heart out there" it translates to orada kalbini cikartarak oyna ... or someshit like that ... but it doesnt mean to actually have your heart out while playing

·
19,147 Posts
I know exactly what he's tryin to say, my turkish is well enough. Also,whats immature is not us dicussing the bullshit he spews but him spewing it in the first place. You're a footballer, do your job on the pitch ffs (its not like he's doing that for the last 2-3 years either but thats another story)....

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Wowww. After months of being so quiet you really came back with a bang huh? Out of all things to go ape shit about this is the one thing that you are so obssessive about? Twitter is used to communicate with fans. Notice how he says "bir kac ts taraftari tweet atmis bana"? So he is directly responding to all of them...

1 - 20 of 126 Posts