Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Pogrebnyak is so slow and needs some help up front. Danny can't finish. Arshavin isn't there to create. Denisov is hitting a plateau. Tymo is leaving.

Who do you think Zenit should try to sign (assuming they are even trying at all?)

I think Tekke is crafty, but don't think he works in the same lineup as Pogrebnyak.

Dominguez obviously failed.

Huszti I like, but it is too early to tell.

Russian nationality is a bonus.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Iaquinta it seems.

A top italian striker inmy opinion,use timochuk money for that.

Sale tekke for 3 millions.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Iaquinta it seems.

A top italian striker inmy opinion,use timochuk money for that.

Sale tekke for 3 millions.
Iaquienta was ruled out by both him and Juve, then he started to play a lot for Juve. I watch a lot of Serie A and see him out there a bunch.

Maybe Zenit can raid Benfica :party:

Odd's are the striker would have to come from Bundesliga or something, I doubt many people would want to leave Italy to come to St. Petersburg.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Iaquienta was ruled out by both him and Juve, then he started to play a lot for Juve. I watch a lot of Serie A and see him out there a bunch.

Maybe Zenit can raid Benfica :party:

Odd's are the striker would have to come from Bundesliga or something, I doubt many people would want to leave Italy to come to St. Petersburg.
31-32 years a huge fee it can happen.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
He is actually only 29. I think everyone (this happened at the other russia soccer forum) assumes he is old and semi-washed up.
A upgrade compared with pogrebnyak and tekke.

Pavluchenko?

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
hoping for someone more elite.

can't really think of anyone who would want to come to Russia. It's tough actually....
Even for one ofthat two you would have to spend 4-5 millions,well bukharov more,it is rubin after all.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I'd think Kerzhakov will come back at some point in his career. Dynamo owe Zenit a favor for the 30M they got from them :howler:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd think Kerzhakov will come back at some point in his career. Dynamo owe Zenit a favor for the 30M they got from them :howler:
Well hopefully sooner rather than later.

But I was looking for a 25 million euro splash striker.

Just dont know who fits the profile.

·
Registered
66,242 Posts
I think Pogrebnyak is so slow and needs some help up front. Danny can't finish. Arshavin isn't there to create. Denisov is hitting a plateau. Tymo is leaving.

Who do you think Zenit should try to sign (assuming they are even trying at all?)

I think Tekke is crafty, but don't think he works in the same lineup as Pogrebnyak.

Dominguez obviously failed.

Huszti I like, but it is too early to tell.

Russian nationality is a bonus.
You're flip flopping now.

I'd rather Zenit not sign anyone as it makes it easier for CSKA. ;) That being said, I don't see what Russian striker they can bring in.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You're flip flopping now.

I'd rather Zenit not sign anyone as it makes it easier for CSKA. ;) That being said, I don't see what Russian striker they can bring in.
Russian nationality a bonus as witnessed by the problem against Loko :thmbdown:

There really isn't a Russian striker to be in. I guess Tekke will play more now. But Semshov is replacing Tymo so that is one less foreigner in the lineup.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kerzh is too important for Dynamo. They've been smoked twice since he hasn't been in the line-up.
Dynamo already sent 2 key players packing to Zenit. Rumors of Kolodin a third. They are the Zenit feeder club now :smileani: jk

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Neither would be an upgrade over PP imo.
PP can't possibly be as bad as he played for that stretch. Its just not possible. I mean, no player at that level can be that bad so young and so quickly. He either will snap out of it or has a torn acl he doesn't know about.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts