Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the great performances of Crespo (thanks god!) and the sure arrival of Gila it 's pretty obvious we won't keep 5 strikers:

-Shevchenko
-Crespo
-Gilardino
-Inzaghi
-Tomasson

Gila and Sheva are untouchables for obvious reasons, but the situation is pretty complicated:

A) Crespo is likely to stay but costs a bunch of millions; we are gonna make a huge investiment in Gila , so the possible spalsh of moneys is really huge..

1)First Scenario: Crespo is sent back regardless of his season's performances: he costs too much (unlikely scenario if you ask me)

Consequences: we keep Gila , Sheva, Tomasson and Inzaghi

2)Second Scenario: Crespos stays, and Milan , instead of splashing moneys, gives Chelsea a very good player like Kaladze or Tomasson..It's a sacrifice but we wouldn't splash moneys

Consequences: we keep Shevchenko, Gila, Crespo and one between Inzaghi and Tomasson

B) Assuming Crespo is confirmed, we would have

-Shevchenko
-Crespo
-Gilardino

and we should decide who confirm:

-Inzaghi OR Tomasson

1)First Scenario: Inzaghi is sold; HUGELY UNLIKELY He's already started to talk about his future inside the society and his feeling is incredible with our management. His market worth is not that impressive now, because he's almost 32 and his wage is big big big, so hardly can see him sold away.

2)Second Scenario: Tomasson is sold: RATHER LIKELY because his market worth is very high, almost 15 millions, because he's rather young (28 more or less) and he's a model professionist, already proven in the toughest league in Europe.

FINAL THOUGHTS: I think we'll confirm Crespo and due to Gila's arrival, and Sheva's position, we'll have to make an hard choice: selling Inzaghi or Tomasson, and Tomasson is the one who'll leave.

I must say i'm very sad, because he's a very useful player, like Luca Serafini brilliantly described him, the :star: BEST 12ND PLAYER IN THE WORLD :star:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Great post Gio :thmbup:
I too believe that JDT will be the one leaving us. It saddens me, but everything suggests so as 5 strikers are 1 too many apparently.

P.S. Haroon is going to have is say here :shades: As he is favourable to the XMas Tree formation, he wouldn't even sign Gila :eek: :stuckup: :eek: I'm pretty sure he will confirm this here ;)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
If it was up to me, I'd simply buy Gilardino in 2006. Or buy him in 2005 and let him stay at Parma another year.
Crespo - Sheva at least is a partnership of players who complement each other.
Also there is still lots of uncertainty regarding Inzaghi. He was supposed to be fit for Euro2004, wasn't he? I only believe in his return once he played 10 competitive matches in a row again.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
i dont see why u think we would sign crespo

he would cost about 15 million if he has impressive performances, his wages are over 5 mil a season

thus he would be a huge outlay for a guy fighting with pippo to come of the bench for gila and sheva, and thats only when we play with two fowards..

i would keep JDT, small wage, dont mind bench, and send crespo back to chealsea as having him and pippo sit on bench is just too much im wages and crespo's ego i dont think would take kindly to that

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bayman: Gilardino won't stay another year at Parma, he's the regular first striker of Italian NT and he must play at the highest levels (with no dirsrespect for our Param friends)..he's not 17 y o...he's the done article, and ready to play CL and WC in the next two years

Lav, it's obvious why: Galliani said that, and Ancelotti confirmed it, plus, maybe we know something you can't read on a website, at least until tomorrow.. Ancelotti is totally convinced of Crespo, he's a player of his, more than Inzaghi, that he found at Milan already there. Plus, who tells you Inzaghi, at 32 y o , will totally recover ? Who can guarantee? Crespo won't come back, he's doing an exceptional job, and he will stay; No reason to doubt too much about it

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Lav said:
i dont see why u think we would sign crespo

he would cost about 15 million if he has impressive performances, his wages are over 5 mil a season

thus he would be a huge outlay for a guy fighting with pippo to come of the bench for gila and sheva, and thats only when we play with two fowards..

i would keep JDT, small wage, dont mind bench, and send crespo back to chealsea as having him and pippo sit on bench is just too much im wages and crespo's ego i dont think would take kindly to that
Rumoured: Kaladze or JDT plus 4 MLN and Crespo's wages halfed.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
It is more dependent on what is happening with Jankulovski.

Scenario A

-> Kaladze + cash to Chelsea

-> We get Crespo from them + we have Janku signed

Chelsea's starting backline is:

----------------------Cech----------------------------
--
--Ferreira------Carvalho---Terry--------Gallas----------

They already have Wayne Bridge as the left back who is being tipped for an exit already. Hence Kala would be the second choice there which he would be here after Janku's arrival.

So we have Janku as the starting LB and Pancaro as the backup. It is an even situation for both clubs IMO.

The result is that now we will have 5 strikers. In that case it is one too many but on the other hand Inzaghi will need to take a tertiary (third degree :D ) role. He will be makeshift and utility man. If Inzaghi accepts this (which he will) then we are good to go. Starting pairing would be Shev-Gila with Crespo as first choice and Tommo the 4th choice. Tommo is happy here as I understand and wouldn't want to leave because he is settled well into the group and the team. Inzaghi will be the sacrificial lamb and age wise that is the right decision. 33 years old.

I'll post this before my PC jams :D Scenario 2 coming up in next post.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Scenario B

-> We sell Tommo to Club X (not Inter)

-> We get Crespo. Striker for striker.

-> Janku arrives. Now we have 3 leftbacks if Janku is considered a LB. Otherwise Kala and Pancaro are LB's and Janku is Seedorf's sub which is not good enough for a player of the likes of Janku.

Plus Dhorasoo is blossoming beautifully for us. He was good prior to joining us but he is truly blossoming in a Milan jersey now so we can safely say that we have somebody to put Seedorf under pressure now which is good.

Scenario B is complex and not too good in the long run for the whole team in terms of matches shared amongst players (3 position for LB or 3 positions for LM i.e. Seedorf, Janku or Dhorasoo)

I don't know whether Janku would be a good deputy in Pirlo's spot. If he can then the situation is solved a bit as Janku can play either in Pirlo or Seedorf's place. It still is mixed as every game his role will be changing so I am not in favour of this that much.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Haroon said:
I'll post this before my PC jams :D Scenario 2 coming up in next post.
Great post Haroon :cool: :thmbup: :cool:

P.S. How many Scenario's will we have? :stuckup:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Two scenarios only. The third would be to get Crespo and Janku and cause a player jam with five strikers and leftbacks. :D With Fester in charge that won't happen.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Haroon said:
Two scenarios only. The third would be to get Crespo and Janku and cause a player jam with five strikers and leftbacks. :D With Fester in charge that won't happen.
With the info I'm going to hand you I believe that atleast another Scenario is due :star:
Pancaro and Serginho's contract will expire at the end of the season, JDT will not adapt to become #5 since he feels that he would could possibly join Barca, Kaladze joins Chelsea, agreed on Janku joining us. :stuckup:

I see that you've "betrayed" your XMas Tree conviction, and now Gila is suddenly useful ;)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We keep Kaladze (he's young, quality, solid, versatile and just fully recovered) and keep Janku; therefore, we release Pancaro. Kaladze can play many different roles and why not, even midfielder or CB if it's needed and properly trained.

We keep Crespo, Inzaghi, Sheva and Gila, and send Tomasson as a makeweight for Crespo's deal or another club, but roughly we'll get the moneys for Crespo

PROBLEM

We'll have 3 first strikers and one second, if Shevchenko can be considered a second striker (better to say all rounded player)..Are there, in your opinions, tactical problems?

-Shevchenko
-Crespo
-Gilardino
-Inzaghi

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Diavolo said:
P.S. How many Scenario's will we have? :stuckup:
The other one will be Vicente and Albelda signed , and Gila and Kaladze sent to Valencia as makeweights + 10 MLN :drunk: :shades:

Bayman----> :happy:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Diavolo said:
1. With the info I'm going to hand you I believe that atleast another Scenario is due :star:
Pancaro and Serginho's contract will expire at the end of the season, JDT will not adapt to become #5 since he feels that he would could possibly join Barca, Kaladze joins Chelsea, agreed on Janku joining us. :stuckup:

2. I see that you've "betrayed" your XMas Tree conviction, and now Gila is suddenly useful ;)
First to 2. --- I know Jern is not posting these days but you don't need to be the word twister extraordinaire now. :tongue:

1. WTF! :eekani:

I am not counting Serginho in the equation. I consider him to be leaving for sure. But Pancaro and Tommo as well??? :googly: That would change things significantly!

In that case --- Crespo purchased --- 4 strikers. Sheva-Gila starting option with Crespo first choice and Pippo second choice.

Janku arrives as the starting LB. Kaladze remains the backup. Janku can shift to LM when needed; if needed. Preferred Seedorf backup Dhorasoo. Vikash can also slot in for Pirlo.

Crespo would cost more that way. But we are all set even then. All these scenarios are dependent on us signing Janku! It is a mess if we don't sign Janku.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
GioCurvaSud said:
Lav, it's obvious why: Galliani said that, and Ancelotti confirmed it, plus, maybe we know something you can't read on a website, at least until tomorrow.. Ancelotti is totally convinced of Crespo, he's a player of his, more than Inzaghi, that he found at Milan already there. Plus, who tells you Inzaghi, at 32 y o , will totally recover ? Who can guarantee? Crespo won't come back, he's doing an exceptional job, and he will stay; No reason to doubt too much about it
oh id rather keep crespo over pippo who is older and injury prone latley also

but pippo has a guanranteed deal, crespo doesnt...and i dont see us taking on such large wages again, for another sub...

though diavolo's deal would be intresting, do you really see a use for chealesea to have either of these guys? and the whole transfer fee would be one of those two and 4 million...and hernan would half his wages...that would be amazing...but i dont see chelsea needing either of those two

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
GioCurvaSud said:
Bayman----> :happy:
:howler:

That smilie doesn't do justice to the smile Bayman will have. :D :nono:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm about to have an headache

What a brain must :devil: HE :devil: have! to accomplish this job daily.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
my ideal would be the following

keep kaladze as LB
sign Janku

Crespo can come, but he wages must be halved as Diav said they are talking bout, and also id hate to lose JDT, but if Crespo agrees to a 3rd choice then it is acceptable.

also we then sell JDT to chealsea or anyother team and use the funds to purchase Crespo outright.

naturally this is assuming we dont keep the X-mas tree...which is sad initself as i prefer that

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Lav said:
oh id rather keep crespo over pippo who is older and injury prone latley also

but pippo has a guanranteed deal, crespo doesnt...and i dont see us taking on such large wages again, for another sub...

though diavolo's deal would be intresting, do you really see a use for chealesea to have either of these guys? and the whole transfer fee would be one of those two and 4 million...and hernan would half his wages...that would be amazing...but i dont see chelsea needing either of those two
Crespo wants to stay here (he also knows that if that happens he will earn less), and Galliani knows how to be patient. No way Chelsea will receive 15 MLN. We hold them by the balls ;)

1 - 20 of 155 Posts