Xtratime Community banner

Strikers for Euro2004

249 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  jimbo jones 
#1 ·
Look at the statistics for EPL goals this season.

Alan Shearer - 22
Michael Owen - 14
James Beattie - 13
Kevin Phillips - 12
Andy Cole - 10
Darius Vassell - 9
Wayne Rooney - 9
Alan Smith - 8

Do you guys seriously see us having any chance in Portugal. I know our midfield is not that bad but are this the strikers we can trust to carry the team. Heskey doesn't even have 8 goals and I am sure he is going to be playing. If we take out Andy Cole and Shearer (who are not going to Portugal), we have only 3 strikers with double digits. Surely this is not that good. Are we going to rely on lucky 1-0 wins and draws again to reach the quater-finals.

Your thoughts guys and thank you in advance for welcoming me as the newest member of the white and red. England rules

G
#2 ·
What's your point exactly?

-------------------James----------------

Neville------Terry------Campbell--------W. Bridge

Beckham------Lampard----Scholes-----Gerrard

----------------Owen-----Rooney--------

Are you telling me this team will struggle to score? If they won't come from Owen and Rooney they will come from Beckham, Lampard or Scholes or even Gerrard who plays really well for England.

Owen and Rooney willl find it easier to score with the national team than their club side. Defensive liverpool or non-existant midfield of Everton. If Owen played for Arsenal and Rooney played for Chelsea. They'd bag loads of goals, but their clubs won't let them go no matter what.

#6 ·
you are forgetting the prolific Gary Neville , he has two goals in three games at a strikerate of 0.66recurring ,that is better than RvN's current rate by a long way. ;) also he is great at diving for penalties as well, so we should be sorted.

#9 ·
calcio100 said:
What's this kids problem. Did you mama forget to give you your usual kiss when you woke up. Don't try to annoy me :ass:hole
It's not his fault, he's a Forset fan being a arsehole comes naturally:D

#11 ·
Nico said:
Jimbo, I was going to ask him where he got that picture of me!:D

:ass: - Good looking arent I!!
:howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.