Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it seems we are very short of an experienced second striker for some time. my idea would be to play pires on the left, ljunberg in the hole and recall jerm pennant who has been getting very good reviews at leeds and throw him in on the right....

alternatively we could see bently or papadopoulus(spelling) start....

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
We can also try another formation with one striker like 4-3-2-1. It works amazingly in AC Milan, maybe it can be a good formation for us.

----------------Lehmann---------------

Toure---Cygan----Campbell----Cole

-----Gilberto----Vieira----Edu---------

-------Ljungberg-----Pires------------

-----------------Henry-------------------

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I don't think so Zhuge

AC milan has the best target striker ( in my opinion) Sheva

so they can depend on him to score from the crosses and he perfectly head the ball

Henry is another type os strikers,
his partener must be in the 18 yard box all the match
to diturb the defence

We need a 'Fox in the Box'
and we can not depend Henry only

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Henry is also a great target striker, who do you think that scores the most goals for us all this time ? Besides, he and Sheva has one similarity, both of them are excel in bringing the ball forward. Please remind that, there're Pires and Ljungberg who support him at his back. So in some situation, this formation can be 4-3-3.

Parlour is also a good choice. And I think Lauren can make a good job there too.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I reckon either Wiltord or Bergkamp will be fit for Villa,if not we have our future star waiting int the wings :cool:

:star: David Bentley :star:

pick him Arsene ;)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
we can't recall Jeffers as he is there all year,and seriously David Bentley has more ability in his toenail than Jeffers has in his dodgy little body :D

i am really hoping Jeffers gets snapped by someone :D

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Gooner4life said:
AC milan has the best target striker ( in my opinion) Sheva
I thought you were about to say Inzaghi, thank God you didn't:eek:

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
no we cant gvie bently the chance you know why? cose his doesnt have enough experience.

that is same logic as throwing a babi into a deep pool. you cant just throw in an inexperienced hot prospect into our title hopes which we arent even leading comfortably. SURE, IF we were winning by 5 pts ahead, no worries, but we're trailing behind. that isnt a good signal to throw bently in.

we need world class goalie that can handle it. kluivert, eto'o

·
Registered
149 Posts
The perfect striker to complement Henry in the current Arsenal system would be Marsellie's Egyptian striker MIDO. He's fast (at least to keep up with Henry), good with his head and a fox-in-the-box type of striker. Besides, he has always stated his desire to play for Arsenal and he's a reliable hitman, over 4 leagues in Europe (Belguim, Holland, Spain & France).

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Arsene will wait to find out if Kanu will play on Sunday and how far Witlord and Bergkamp are away from returning. If they are not likely to return for a fortnight or more then Arsene will bring someone in.

Any signing will be a loan signing, as Kanu will return in a month's time as will Aliadiere.

Remember he has played Ljunberg behind Henry on a couple of occassions and even played Pires there this season v Kiev.

I like to se him play Pires and Ljungberg behind Henry.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
there are reports today that freddie is not fully fit. could this mean the return of pennant??

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
yes wiltord and berggy have 9 days left to be fit. is that enough?

freddie injured? ofcourse i care, but with the amount of midfielders we have, its class player after class player, why worry:D

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Swiftwilly said:
yes wiltord and berggy have 9 days left to be fit. is that enough?

freddie injured? ofcourse i care, but with the amount of midfielders we have, its class player after class player, why worry:D
yes but we dont have that many attacking players...... that is why pennant back please!

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
well problem is, its only 9 days. bring pennant back, then willy and berggy is back, the we got unhappy pennant on the bench again.

when he comes back, he is really only needed for the game this weekend on sunday vs villa then after that berggy willy back.

recall him just for one game then bench him?

just play 1 up front henry with freddie close support?

i go for freddie and henry. its just 1 match. we need to flex muscle and show how versatile we are.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
there are only 2 loanees we can recall and neither are strikers....
pennant and volz...

btw does any one know whats happening on the volz situation??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts