Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now at his third Italian club, ªükür knows that he must find touch, and the back of the net, in order to avoid being labelled a failure in arguably the world’s toughest domestic football league.

January 10— Turkey’s top international striker has officially become a player with struggling Italian Serie A side Parma, being presented with his shirt at a ceremony on Wednesday night where he vowed to resurrect his faltering overseas career.

“I’m here to win, I want to show that I can play in Italy. I have a lot to prove,” Hakan ªükür was quoted as saying on Parma’s official website. “I haven’t had much look so far in Italy, but I’m sure things will turn out for the best from now on.”
ªükür was transferred from another Serie A side, Inter Milan, after being declared as surplus to requirements and being unable to force his way into the first team.
ªükür’s future had been up in the air after he had failed to make a mark at Inter, with speculation that he might make a move to England, France or even return to Turkey.
“While I was with Inter, I received lots of offers, but I wanted to stay in Italy,” ªükür said. “Parma is an important club, and many friends of mine on the Inter squad advised me to come here. It is a beautiful city and an ambitious club.”
Having had little playing time since the beginning of the season, apart from a few outings with the Turkish national team, ªükür admitted that he probably lacked the stamina to play an entire game, though said he would quickly regain full fitness.
An added bonus for the player who still hopes to establish himself in Italy is that he will have a friendly face at Parma to help him settle in, former Galatasaray goalkeeper Claudio Taffarel.
“I’m happy Claudio Taffarel is on this team. We played three years together with Galatasaray, he is a good friend of mine. He’ll help me out for sure.”

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
His first goal should be get out of the bench and get into rotation:)

I don't want him to sit in the bench anymore:mad:

And he should be a little more selfish:eek:

Italians do not apprecciate his hard work. They just care if he scored or not:rolleyes:

So, be it. What's to lose?:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts