Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NISO is thinking about going on strike, and it will affect 11 of the tippeliga teams, I'm not sure which. Nothing becomes clear untill friday.

Roar Strand has earlier said that he'd rather quit NISO than go on strike, and that the rest of the Rosenborg players feel the same way.

Personally, I think it's stupid of NISO to threaten with a strike, cause most of the clubs in Norway are struggling finacially with too high salery costs, going on strike to get more money for the players won't exactly help the situation.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Roy Wassberg and Ivar Rønningen has voiced similar thoughts as Roar Strand, and are threathening to leave NISO if they have to go on strike. They agree with what NISO wants, but think the clubs can't handle everything at once, and wants NISO to show some compassion for the clubs point of view.
NISO are sulking and says the players should be nice and don't leave the player's union.

I can't remember all NISO wants, but better insurance, strike funds, wages, holidays and something else was it I think.. heaps of stuff :)

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Seems like there is a strike...totally stupid decision in my opinion. At least I won't get personally hit by it, although I was looking forward to reading about the matches this evening.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Before I read up on the strike, I thought the whole thing just sounded silly.
Now, that I've studied it a bit, I think it's totally insane.

They hide behind insurance policies and stuff, and claim that's why they've gone to strike, while the clubs, represented by NHO have agreed to those parts of the contract.. the three things they haven't agreed to are things that FIFA and UEFA has negotiated with EU.

NISO wants special rules for their members, while the clubs and NFF say that's impossible, they have to follow FIFA's rules.

Stupid NISO is all I can say.

This strike just hurts the players and clubs, won't help NISO or their members at all. The result might be that the clubs can't afford to pay saleries. Nice going.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I totally agree with you, Jinxter!

First I thought NISO were interested in getting better insurances etc., but now I have realised that Morgan Andersen & Co. want to change the whole transfer-system in Norway too! Totally insane!

I really hope the players now stands up against NISO!

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, several players are talking about leaving NISO, Rønningen and Wassberg has already done so, I'm sure more players will follow in their footsteps. Seems like it's just a few Brann players that support the strike (Walltin and Hanstveit), while the rest don't like where it's heading at all.

And Henning Berg's comments in the papers all the time are just annoying and stupid. He sits in England will his millions and private insurance, and tries to dictate what the players in the tippeliga should do, even though it only benefits the big profiles, not the average players. (Like the right to their own pictures and such for commercial issues. NISO have agreed to let the clubs have those rights, but only if the players are allowed to change clubs without anyone being able to demand a transfer fee :D)

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Strike called off

Well, the strike is finally :rolleyes: over, after 36 hours of hardcore striking. NISO and NHO have agreed to agree on what was already agreed upon before the strike begun, so now everyone is happy except for the coaches and supporters I guess.

For those who can read Norwegian, check out this link to NSA (Norwegian Supporter Alliance).. they got a good article about this mess.

http://www.fotballsupporter.no/index.php?action=nyheter2.php&ID=33

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Jinxter said:

And Henning Berg's comments in the papers all the time are just annoying and stupid. He sits in England will his millions and private insurance, and tries to dictate what the players in the tippeliga should do, even though it only benefits the big profiles, not the average players. (Like the right to their own pictures and such for commercial issues. NISO have agreed to let the clubs have those rights, but only if the players are allowed to change clubs without anyone being able to demand a transfer fee :D)
Henning Berg is a big time Idiot :irritate:

I remember not so long ago he referred to the Tippeliga players in the squad as "too nice" and "nice boys" and basically ordered them to toughen up to which Nils Arne Eggen (as forthright as ever) said "Henning can bring Blackburn or whoever he wants and we'll basically kick their butt" :D :nasty: :dielaugh:. Forgive me for not seeing him @ blackburn but @ ManU he was a joke whenever i saw him play. As slow as a steam locomotive and with the positioning of a company with very poor marketing ;). Him and Ronny Johnsen couldn't be more opposite IMO and if the latter would only be fit more often then he'd be able to prove this without any doubt.

As for the strike well its a shame and not good for the reputation of your league. i'm still trying to see if our incompetant (and now bankrupt :eek: ) organisation can top it. Our NT nearly went on strike cause the players didn't feel they were getting a big enough slice of money earned by the national body from NT games but now they have to either play for free or not at all :D :embarass:

Can't say our league (or any other i know) has gone on strike though. I know the EPL clubs were considering it over TV rights or something last year but credit to your league for actually going through with it ;)

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
It is good it ended so quickly, I only hope that the matches that were delayed are played soon, and the we will hardly have felt the strike at all.

Like Jinxter said, it seems that the things that were agreed to, are basically old things, and it almost seems as if NISO only wanted the strike to strenghten their own position for the future, so that they will be taken more seriously if an important issue actually comes up at another time.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Andreas said:
Can't say our league (or any other i know) has gone on strike though. I know the EPL clubs were considering it over TV rights or something last year but credit to your league for actually going through with it ;)
The Argentinian (Argentine? Argie? sp :p) league went on strike a few years back because of all the violence amongst the supporters, they didn't want to play in front of a crowd that were just there to fight.

A bit more noble than NISO's goals :)

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Andreas said:
Henning Berg is a big time Idiot :irritate:

Yep, hard to believe he was once the world's most expencive defender :D

He makes an insane lot of positioning errors, scores heaps of own goals, is almost as slow as Hoftun and spends most of his off-field time, chewing out colleagues or reporters.
He's good at keeping his co-defenders in line though, shouts loudly, and rarely lets anyone slack off and disrupt their offside traps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts