Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, what do you consider your strengths and weaknesses, it could be interesting to compare. :) I don't play regularly in a team but I like it's my most enjoyable way of getting excercise anyway, so I usually play soccer at least once a week. I played in a team at the age of 8, for about 1.5 years, then I lost interest somehow. Then I resumed but at that time it was getting serious so I didn't feel like prioritizing it so high. So that means I'm self taught for the most part, I've had very little organized training.

Strengths
I used to have pretty good running abilities (relative to my overall abilities of course). Although my stamina was never above average, I would run more than most people and use it to my advantage. Right now I'm not exactly in that place anymore, I'm in the processing of slowly restoring physical shape after a lengthy injury. :)

Other than that, I've always liked finding the target. And shooting is the best way to do it, I must have spent half of more of my soccer time shooting so I have that somewhat covered now. That goes for my right foot, my left is about halfway there at the moment.. :D

Ball control wasn't a strong side of mine before but that has improved and it's one of my better sides. I can keep possession for a while now, though going past them is generally harder than keeping them away. My dribbling needs work, I do a lot of spontaneous moves when playing, in the moment kind of thing, most of which I never master fully and thus I'm not all reliable in my moves.

Weaknesses
I've never been very good at defence, nor have I enjoyed it really. I much prefer a more offensive function in the team, I can utilize my abilities a lot more then. But to be honest I can't handle a lot more than a simple man marking system, I always get lost in the moves.. :D Having said that my tactical awareness is worth little, that comes from not playing in a team too often and I tend to focus on individual abilities rather than team work (ie. passing to the better player, not the better placed etc).

My ball reception has always been a major flaw in my generally acceptable ball control. There is something very different about a ball the movement of which you control and a ball passed by another player, despite concentrating in the moment I often cannot measure the exact speed and curvature of the ball.

Finally, I couldn't head a ball to save my life. I've never emphasized this ability too much, for one thing I never found it particularly fascinating nor satisfying, otherwise it also causes (or can cause) longterm head injury. But the fact remains that given the chance, I often cannot hit the target from close range and with a large target.

·
Registered
16,172 Posts
My strengths are dribbling with the ball around players very quickly, and 5 yard tap ins (my speciality).
My weaknesses are using my left foot, heading and I'm not too good at long shots (hence why most of the goals I score just look like me dribbling it all the way into the net).;)
I also rely on pace way too much...

·
Registered
16,172 Posts
5 yard taps ins? Excusez moi, I meant 1 yard tap ins.

Oh yeah, another speciality of mine is this trick I do when I go to do a one-two to get around the player, but kinda forget to kick the ball properly.
This means I end up leaving the ball at the feet of the opposition, and run around the outside of him, to the dismay of my team mates.
:wallbang: :embarass:

:D

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
strenghts: passing, shooting, close control (especially when having to turn with my back to goal / get a cross in). I was tought to play fast '2-touch' football, so my game is more based on passing ability and being able to link up play rather than dribbling and lots of running on the ball

weakness: left foot - hopeless for passing, although i score a good few goals with it (the balls paths can be very unpredictable at times!), heading, tackling, defence, defence, defence :D I would also say i get injured too easily :( I've tried building up muscels, lifting weights, swimmings, massage :)angel: ) to give my knees in particular more strength but they still cause me problems too often these days

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
I've spent most of my time at training taking free-kicks and long shots. That's maybe why I'm not the best juggler:D. But what the heck, my shooting skills are great then, and it's definitely my best strengh on a pitch. I'm also quite fast and a good dribbler. Because of my hight (190 centimetres) I'm also quite good at heading, but not as good as I could be:) Oh and I'm also a heck of a tackler:fero:!

My strengths: Shooting (long shots and free-kicks), dribbling and my pace.

My weaknesses: Well I can't name anything other than my juggling...;)

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Oh I forgot. I'm left footed. But my right foot os actually also qute good;).

G

·
My strengths:Crossing the ball
Running extrremely fast
Chipping the ball
My weaknesses:Heading

Other than that,i am quite okay.I don't use my pace a lot unless it is neccessary because i play as a left-winger so i don't run that much.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Strengths: Running for 90 minutes or more without breaking down, occasionaly dribbling like a mediocre Brazilian player, finding open players on passes, and I am a clean player ( I suppose this is a good thing:D)

Weaknesses: Heading the ball, defending, shots on goal (I have a pretty weak foot), tackling.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
strengths; stamina, perseverance, shooting hard and accurately, passing, sliding tackles, communicating and dribbling.

weaknesses; heading, being selfish, taking things too seriously, rushing when i've got time and should really take a first touch before playing the ball.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts