Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i'm not 100% sure how you've done this competition but i think that it's unfair that newcomers can't join in! :(

It's a pity you don't do it like this:

Pick 10 games a week, maybe 4 from EPL, 3 from Spanish league & 3 from Italian League.

Give 3 points for correct score line & 1 point for correct outcome!

Example: Man Utd vs Leeds

i predict Utd 1-0 Leeds
Person A predicts Utd 1-1 Leeds
Person B predicts Utd 2-2 Leeds
Person C predicts Utd 0-1 Leeds

Real Final Score was: Utd 1-1 Leeds

i got 0 points for my prediction
Person A gets all 3 points for getting the correct score
Person B gets 1 point for predicting a draw but wrong scoreline
Person C like me gets nothing

You do that for ALL 10 games then you add the points up & divide them by rounds (or weeks)!

Example:
__ ________Person A_____Person B_____Person ___Person D
Week 1______17__________3___________ 2___________-
Week 2______15__________7___________-___________-
Week 3______ 8_________11___________ -___________-
Week 4______22_________10___________5___________7

_________(62/4=15.5)_____(31/4=7.75)____(7/2=3.5)__(7/1=7)

Total:_______15.5_________7.75_________3.5_________7

Persons A & B made predictions EVERY week
Person C missed a couple of weeks
Person D is (like me) a Newcomer to the boards & became a member in week 4 but isn't excluded from entering & competiting against those that have been there since Week 1!

You see because the Totals are averages nobody is excluded and those totals become one big League Table of users of these boards that want to compete! :)

To make it fair to everyone, people have to compete for at least 5 weeks before their scores count & IF someone fails to compete for 5 weeks running their score goes back to zero, that stops people with HIGH totals from stopping playing to keep their high score!

Well, what does everyone think?

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
I have just read the first sentences and you are wrong, this isn't a normal prediction league. We have these leagues all over Xtratime, there you can also join as a newcomer. But this is the XCC, the Champions-League of the prediction league, the best competitor of the last year take part. Plus me :D ;).

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Correction Frank, you cant join most prediction leagues either or should I say there is no point in joining them since we are over half the season :)

·
Registered
17,530 Posts
Since when that, Micke? :confused:
Maybe not PX, but anybody can join the German prediction league (although there is no chance to win it cause we have too many points for any challenger right now) any time.
Another important thing: Last season the German prediction league started 15 weeks before the end of the season or so, so it isn't necessary to let it be a whole season if you start a new pred league. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Micke said:
Correction Frank, you cant join most prediction leagues either or should I say there is no point in joining them since we are over half the season :)
But you see, that's the point about my points system, you can start playing with 5 weeks of the season left, just as long as you take part the minimum of 5 weeks, you are allowed to take part! :)

Plus coz it'll be a League Table thing you are competing against everyone & it doesn't matter how many people take part!

Say it starts in August, by November you could have 20 people taking part, by March, it might be 50, it doesn't matter all it means is the League Table just gets longer! So that's 50 people fighting for top spot in that league! :)

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
We can see that!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts