Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Landau was asked to quit, but decided to stay...

Yep. Landau was asked to give his resignation by the Kiryat Gat board, however the coach declined the request, saying he is intending to finish the season with Kiryat Gat. Now just watch this next quote by one of Kiryat Gat's officials:

"We're sick by the team's latest slump and it would be better if Landau left. on the other hand, perhaps we should keep him so we can at least damage his resume provided we'll get relegated".

:rolleyes:

Ligat ha'AL 2002....

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Where is Kiriat Gat?!?!?!? :tongue: I never heard of a place like that?? Is the kiriats of Haifa??? :p

How come since they won Promotion from Liga Leumit they only have 9 points? I usually thought that in the end they make it to not a bad position, but this team is way horrible. They only one a game! :depress:

Also....How come Kiriat gat isn't promoted by anyone??? I remember playing FIFA 2002 and they only wore they yellow jersey :(

And who do you think has more fans...
Maccabi Kiriat gat or Maccabi Petach Tikva : )

Also...
Is it true that Haim Revivo's Younger brother plays for Mac. Petach-Tikva!

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Kappa18 said:
Where is Kiriat Gat?!?!?!? :tongue: I never heard of a place like that?? Is the kiriats of Haifa??? :p

How come since they won Promotion from Liga Leumit they only have 9 points? I usually thought that in the end they make it to not a bad position, but this team is way horrible. They only one a game! :depress:

Also....How come Kiriat gat isn't promoted by anyone??? I remember playing FIFA 2002 and they only wore they yellow jersey :(

And who do you think has more fans...
Maccabi Kiriat gat or Maccabi Petach Tikva : )

Also...
Is it true that Haim Revivo's Younger brother plays for Mac. Petach-Tikva!
Kiryat Gat is in the Southwest of Israel in the area of Ashkelon. We can tell you're not Israeli.

Winning promotion has nothing to do with how you play next season, and when your team is getting no support from any sources, you can't get very far. Most of the players on the team are not top players, they are players who grew in small teams from the southern part of the country, and are playing in a team which wants to be part of the main football scene of Israel, however no one else seems to want that happening :(

If you played FIFA2002 you'll notice that a couple more teams have no sponsors on the shirts, this has nothing to do if they really have sponsors or not. I believe that Kiryat Gat does have a sponsor, but it was not Intel which they hoped would sponsor them and by that give them bigger support.

Who has more fans? Kiryat Gat, no doubt, just that the fans are losing hope...

Haim Revivo's younger brother, David Revivo is playing for M.S. Ashdod and played for Maccabi Tel Aviv before. His other brother Eli Revivo played in Bney Yehuda but I'm not sure where he is now.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kiryat Gat does have a sponsor, maybe even two, not very big ones though....I really can't remember it's name now, but it doesn't matter. Anyways like Yoav mentioned they won promotion last season finishing second in the National League. Kiryat Gat is a very poor team in terms of money and since this is their first ever season in a top flight they are facing a new reality where the money plays a bigger role. Landau is a great coach and i don't understand why sacking him would do any good. It's not like he's got world class stars over there, is it? i think Landau is doing the best he can with his current team. they were doomed from the first moments of the season, sadly.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Yes, quite unfortunately the team was bound to get relegated before the season even started due to what was going around...
It's too bad, it would be nice to see teams from cities like Kiryat Gat in the Ligat Al. Ashdod and Beer Sheva are the only southern teams who has been showing stability in the Ligat Al (even though Beer Sheva has been in the Liga Leumit for 3 seasons).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts