Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Moyes was a tad upset that there were only three minutes added time in the Merseyside derby yesterday, do you think there is ever enough "time added on"? I heard about a match in 1993 where Man Utd were losing and SEVEN minutes were added on which gave Bruce time to score twice! I agree to some extent with Moyes that three minutes was probably about 1 second too short :D but I can't sympathise too much with a side that plays so negatively and such sh1te football - they only seemed interested in scoring after they went behind. Reminds me of Sam Allardyce wanting credit for Bolton playing attacking football in the 2-2 draw with Chelsea - they only started attacking because they went 0-1 down in the first minute!

But essentially I ask you if you think managers and players only feel hard done by when there own interests are affected. When they need a goal to draw or win then they feel it should have been more, when they are defending a narrow advantage they want less. Perhaps the ref should stop his watch and no time should be added, that way neither manager can complain at what they believe is an unfair amount of stoppage time

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Owzat said:
essentially I ask you if you think managers and players only feel hard done by when there own interests are affected
Is this a trick question? ;)

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
to be honest the ref was spot on ,because all of liverpool's subs came in the first half .

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
I can remember City being 1-0 up against BirMINGham, only for the referee to give EIGHT minutes stoppage time, in which Birmingham scored twice.

~ The Green :(ne

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Euro 2000 when we were playing Spain and leading 3-2, 8 minutes were added on for the ref to have enough time to give Spain a non existant penalty and then for them to score a winner.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Owzat said:
Perhaps the ref should stop his watch and no time should be added, that way neither manager can complain at what they believe is an unfair amount of stoppage time
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Great Outdoors said:
Then our sport would end up like basketball, with teams deliberately running down the clock with full knowledge of the exact number of seconds left to play..

the ref wouldn't have to tell them, like before in the old days. :thmbup:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Great Outdoors said:
Then our sport would end up like basketball, with teams deliberately running down the clock with full knowledge of the exact number of seconds left to play..
Better than fake injuries IMO, but maybe your right. I just think that Owzat has a point.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
The Green One said:
I can remember City being 1-0 up against BirMINGham, only for the referee to give EIGHT minutes stoppage time, in which Birmingham scored twice.

~ The Green :(ne
Don't forget the Gillingham game though. What goes around comes around, I guess.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Man you're completely off-track. Every week in Italy the likes of Juventus and Milan get almost 6-8 minutes of stoppage time just to try to enable them to score a goal.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Man you're completely off-track. Every week in Italy the likes of Juventus and Milan get almost 6-8 minutes of stoppage time just to try to enable them to score a goal.
Yeah, I'm sure Inter never receives such benefits, do they? :rollani:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Flo said:
Yeah, I'm sure Inter never receives such benefits, do they? :rollani:
No they don't.

(And message to person quoting me, please go ahead and quote me on this one as well)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Technically, the Roma-Juve match three weeks ago should have had 30 min of stoppage time as only 13 min were actually played in the first half b/c of fouls and fights.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
30 minutes.... What is the longest stoppage time? Two years ago Liverpool (with Owen :D) visited Thailand and played a preseason friendly. The referee of that match forgot to whistle in the first half... Only after around 30 minutes he remembered to do so... As a whole the first half was 80 min... :stress:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts