Xtratime Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A wonderful player who will do great things at United but all this talk about been better than Stoichkov i can't support at all, as good as any player i've seen in his 91-94 peak, wondered what you guys thought?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Stoichkov had his best years roughly from 26 onwards(he was 28 at the time of WC1994). Berbatov is so far doing fine and, given that he is not a striker that relies on speed, he may be able to keep a high level for a few more seasons in his 30s(i.e. have a longer career than Stoichkov).

I just wish it all goes normal for Berbatov(no injuries,personal problems etc) cauz he already has the skill to do great at Man Utd.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Stoichkov is lucky in regard of playing next to actually good players in the National Team; If Berbatov was playing next to T.Ivanov; Ballakov; Kostadinov; Sirakov(as a back up); Penev(he aint a bad target striker) and ofcourse little Lechkov and Mihaylov then who knows.

I mean what would Stoichkov have done if he had only Petrov in his side? Perhaps they would have tripped one another and got into fights; while insulting each other's mothers... :howler:

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Thats a fair point! Stoichkov gets often so over-hyped as if he was the only decent player from that time. I personally rate Balakov just as high(if not even higher), especially as a player that had no dealings with neither Levski nor CSKA. Its just that in football, the players that score the goals get more spotlight time.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Sadly we wont see another Balakov; I mean even globaly playmakers are disapearing.

While Penev has always been disliked/underrated in Bulgaria;

1 - 8 of 8 Posts