Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any soccer teams that have shares for sale on the stock markets? how do they usually preform? are they good investments? any website links that provide purchasing info?

thanks

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Man U, Juventus, Lazio are also. Do n't have a clue how they perform, but I am sure their web sites have information.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Borussia, Juventus, AS Roma, Lazio and Manchester Utd are all listed. As far as I know, it's not a good investment for you, no! All these clubs sites should provide you with the requested info. I know Juve's does.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
You do not buy stock of clubs to make money, thats for sure. Its basically going to be a loss, so the only reason to buy club stock is in your love and support for the club.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
City's shares were worth £2.50 each in the second division, now they're worth like 80p. That might be due to a rights issue or cos of our debt, i dunno.

~ The Green :rolleyes:ne

·
Registered
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Andr3w said:
You do not buy stock of clubs to make money, thats for sure. Its basically going to be a loss, so the only reason to buy club stock is in your love and support for the club.

just briefly looked at juventus' site, their share prices drop daily. why is that happening?

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
Andr3w said:
I made a 600% profit on my ManUre shares, but that was in the early to mid nineties.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Attila_the_Nun said:
I made a 600% profit on my ManUre shares, but that was in the early to mid nineties.
:D :tongue:

For old times sake cut them some slack .... but only a little. :devil:

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
Haroon said:
:D :tongue:

For old times sake cut them some slack .... but only a little. :devil:
for once I'm not taking the **** out of them - i did. I bought shares at £1.24 and sold them at £7.20 (ish) after they won the CL QF against Benfica.
They were ridiculously underpriced when they were first issued at £2.50, and when they halved I spent my student loan on buying some.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Attila_the_Nun said:
for once I'm not taking the **** out of them - i did. I bought shares at £1.24 and sold them at £7.20 (ish) after they won the CL QF against Benfica.
They were ridiculously underpriced when they were first issued at £2.50, and when they halved I spent my student loan on buying some.
I knew you were serious about them. ;) What I meant to say was that since Utd. has made your pocket a little heavier so for old times sake you could let it go when it comes to them. Even that was sarcastic to spur you on to do what you do coz it is a great read. :D

·
1st Tier Poster
51,198 Posts
Red_Bandit said:
just briefly looked at juventus' site, their share prices drop daily. why is that happening?
Would you want to invest in a club who is planning to spend a lot of money on making their stadium smaller?

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
Haroon said:
I knew you were serious about them. ;) What I meant to say was that since Utd. has made your pocket a little heavier so for old times sake you could let it go when it comes to them. Even that was sarcastic to spur you on to do what you do coz it is a great read. :D
haroon, I was bought up to revere man U, because my fotball-madparent watched the Busby Babes destroy the hated Shamrock Rovers 6-0 in the European Cup.
it's what's happened to them recently, and the characters that are infesting the place, which I hate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts