Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being totally dominated, at times ridiculed and deprived of the ball for long sequences and at home by Milan. The team that got their first shot on goal after 42 minutes of the first half. And they were playing at home!!!:lala::jester:

A team that got deprived of the ball and completely, utterly, totally outplayed, surclassed and schooled in midfield by Milan. One stat: 23 minutes ball possesion for Juve. 34 minutes for Milan. Again, the match was in Torino!:eekani::googly: :lala: Only reason they didn't lose to a vastly superior Milan team in every aspect was Juve's legendary 12th man, the ref...:stuckup:

So still think that this Juve, playing like that is:
a) still the best team in Europe?
b) the favorite to win the Champions League?

Knowing that Juve will not be able to have their 12th man also in Europe?
:shades:

:jester::jester:

I personally don't see them making it past Madrid...:tongue:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I thought their 12th man was their crowds?!? :dielaugh:

Anyway, I believe that one game don't change much. Their still way up there (btw, I've never said they ever were the best team in Europe).

·
Registered
66,757 Posts
don't get stuck up san siro. if Juve played so poorly then ur team shuld have put them away. Barca would have ko'd Juve if the two were to meet and Juve played this away against them.

bottom line, match sucked.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you even watch the match Dimitriy?:stress: :jester:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
One game doesn't prove anything... all good teams have had a bad match here and there even Milan, The fact that Milan dominated the match in Torino wasn't suprising Juve's attack played poorly with out a doubt and weren't in great shape coming in to the match. You cant judge a teams performance over the season with one match and you honestly think the way Real Madrid is playing now that they pose a threat to Juventus dream on they struggled to beat Racing yesterday and needed a 90' min goal from Zidane to win 3-2 and they were performing bad not just in that match but all season. Juventus will definately advance to the quater finals

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
I told you guys a long, long time ago that Juve are overrated and I will be proved right as usual.

They've played four decent teams this season and haven't impressed me AT ALL.

Bayern home- Underserved win. The draw was the fair result but as usual they got the lucky, late goal.

Bayern away- See above.

Inter away- A deflected shot and a penalty put them up 2-0 underservedely, but Inter created the better chances for most parts of the game and Juve would have lost had there been an additional 5 minutes. Final score was 2-2 and Juve looked average in the 2nd half.

Milan home- Rubbish. Outplayed in every department and didn't have a shot on goal until the 43rd minute.

They won't win the league because Milan are better, and they won't win the Champions League because they are simply not good enough.

I am happy that my team will have the chance to knock them out of the Champions League and I am pretty sure we will take it.

Compare them to Chelsea or Barca- who have been walking their way through one spectacular victory to the next pretty much all season.

Even Milan are showing their class and last night they proved who the best team in Italy really is.

Juve the best team in Europe? Give me a break.

I can't wait until this overrated mob come to the Bernabeu.
:howler:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Juve have the best defence in the world right now no one can argue against that okay their attack isn't that good because Del Piero isnt very consistent and Ibrahimovic has been able to prove him self in the Champions League but when we get Trezeguet back the goals will start flowing. We got win's when it counted and I just cant see Madrid causing us too many problems the way the are travelling at the moment, this will be a stroll in the park :smileani: . I guess we were lucky in the draw to avoid Barca and Chelsea and got Real Madrid. :dielaugh:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
I'll get back to you on that one in March.

Of course you have the best defense in Europe, because you don't try to play football. :rolleyes:

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
You guys are talking as if Juve are one of those teams that plays attractive football and dominates games all the time.

They don't. What they do is get results. In this game the result they got was maintaining the gap at the top of the league by effectively shutting out their closest rivals. So they won't care much about the performance.

So YES, I still believe them to be the best team around.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
yes, but you still didnt manage to beat them did you???? and that just shows how pathetic ac milan are that they can have so much possession and control the game and still not score

·
Registered
10,164 Posts
I don't think we should complain too much, Payman. It's true we probably should've had a penalty and Sheva didn't look to be offside when he was one-on-one with Buffon but it was a difficult decision for the linesman, remember that the ref also should've called a freekick if not a penalty against us on Billy's handball. We couldn't be happy about the referee but it's most often like that when you play Juve at the Delle Alpi, it's the same situation for teams that play Milan or Inter at the San Siro. In fact it happens in all leagues that the big teams are favoured.

As for Juve, yes they were outplayed and that's the scary part - they still got away with a draw, they don't play attractive football and I would hate to see them end up with a big trophy but I tip my hat for their results.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Laudrup said:
I don't think we should complain too much, Payman. It's true we probably should've had a penalty and Sheva didn't look to be offside when he was one-on-one with Buffon but it was a difficult decision for the linesman, remember that the ref also should've called a freekick if not a penalty against us on Billy's handball. We couldn't be happy about the referee but it's most often like that when you play Juve at the Delle Alpi, it's the same situation for teams that play Milan or Inter at the San Siro. In fact it happens in all leagues that the big teams are favoured.

As for Juve, yes they were outplayed and that's the scary part - they still got away with a draw, they don't play attractive football and I would hate to see them end up with a big trophy but I tip my hat for their results.
:thmbup:

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
I told you guys a long, long time ago that Juve are overrated and I will be proved right as usual.

They've played four decent teams this season and haven't impressed me AT ALL.

Bayern home- Underserved win. The draw was the fair result but as usual they got the lucky, late goal.

Bayern away- See above.

Inter away- A deflected shot and a penalty put them up 2-0 underservedely, but Inter created the better chances for most parts of the game and Juve would have lost had there been an additional 5 minutes. Final score was 2-2 and Juve looked average in the 2nd half.

Milan home- Rubbish. Outplayed in every department and didn't have a shot on goal until the 43rd minute.

They won't win the league because Milan are better, and they won't win the Champions League because they are simply not good enough.

I am happy that my team will have the chance to knock them out of the Champions League and I am pretty sure we will take it.

Compare them to Chelsea or Barca- who have been walking their way through one spectacular victory to the next pretty much all season.

Even Milan are showing their class and last night they proved who the best team in Italy really is.

Juve the best team in Europe? Give me a break.

I can't wait until this overrated mob come to the Bernabeu.
:howler:

simply you must hate juve and you underate juve :scream: :scream:
because of your religion team real madrid face to juve :nono: :nono:

are you think all juve win is lucky??

against roma in CL madrid was very lucky
because cassano,totti,montela suspend
yesterday madrid win racing 3-2
but it is so lucky The draw was the fair result

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
The Juve we saw yesterday was not the real Juve. You could clearly see the fatigue in all our offensive players, and after the X-mas break we will back.

I'm not saying that Juve is the best team in Europe or something, one of the best yes, but if we're the best are to be proven.

Milan is not inferior to us att all. I just think it's unfair to judge os basing on this game. Last year in San Siro we were the better team and only a great Dida saved you from loosing, and still you were the better team that season. My point is you can't judge a team by one game. Just like Milan got outplayed over 180 minutes by Barca does not make them bad, they had a bad period, just like we have been having and had yesterday.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Problem is this wasn't the only game Juve played horrible! Look at El Fenomeno's post for a list of games...yesterday was the mere revelation to the whole wide world of their horrid way of playing!
Hell, I'm sure dr. Agricola will have left something in the team's medical closet...you'll be sharp again in January ;)

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
leoshev said:
Problem is this wasn't the only game Juve played horrible! Look at El Fenomeno's post for a list of games...yesterday was the mere revelation to the whole wide world of their horrid way of playing!
Hell, I'm sure dr. Agricola will have left something in the team's medical closet...you'll be sharp again in January ;)
Yeah, all hail the all mighty El Fenomeno, the ones that's not at all biased :yuck: .

I don't need to look at his post, I watch Juves games myself thank you very much. We have not been playing horrible my friend. We're not a team that plays the most attractive football in Europe, but were very hard to break down and score against. We played awfull yesterday, and still Milan did not create that many chances.

Football can be played in a different manner then the Barca manner, and it still doesn't have to suck.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Milan definitely dominated the game, but we didn't take our chances. If you don't take your chances, you probably won't win. However, Juve defended well. They were terrible when they got the ball, but they were strong at the back.

Juve made a lot of mistakes, but they're still top. I believe that we deserved to win. I'm not happy about the way Juve played, but they got a good result.

In the last few weeks, Juve haven't been convincing, but they've worked hard and got the results. They've had some good luck as well, but every team needs that. About the original question, I won't say anything.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts