Registered
1,044 Posts
I think Rivaldo will suit to Lazio..

-----------Toldo-----------
Panucci-Negro-Nesta-Pancaro
--Veron---Fiore---Nedved--
----Rivaldo----Lopez------
----------Vieri-----------

I'll know that's cost a lot, but if we sell Salas, Almeyda, Mihajlovic, De la pena or maybe Super Simeone maybe we can cover up...

Forza Lazio

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
New season new style of posts from Svennis ( they´ll be shorter :) ).

Read again on Italian-soccer.com about Lazio still trying to reach Rivaldo and that Barca wanted a key Lazio player choosing from: Nedved, Veron ( what a surprise ), Salas, Almeyda and I think it was Stankovic. Well first of all ?? Where the hell would you put Rivaldo in Lazio ??

Facts about Rivaldo: wants to have a central position behind the strikers, draws to the left and has been playing on the left side in Barca, possibly the most boring person outside of football which makes him a looser when it comes to marketing ( the pete sampras of football if you wish ).

Facts about Veron: plays in midfield supporting the strikers but also draws to the left, plays a fast counter attacking game which leaves little or no room for sideway passing a la Barca, Lazio builds it´s game around Veron and he is at his best when he controls the Lazio game.

Facts about Lopez: plays on the left side of the attack :), tends to help the midfield and works a bit deeper then most strikers, makes alot of assists, has a very powerful shot, speed is the key to his success.

We can not fit Rivaldo in Lazio the way I see it .. No matter how I twist and turn he stays outside the first 11.

Defence stays the same : 4
Midfield: Conceciao - Almeyda - Veron - Nedved
Attack: Lopez - Vieri / Salas / Inzaghi / Batigol / Jardel / X but not Rivaldo.

There is noooooo way Rivaldo would make Lazio a more equlibrious side - no WAY !!

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Selling even one of Nedved, Almeyda, Miha, Simeone, Stankovic or Veron (for buying Rivaldo) would be a deadly mistake.
You're right svennis,we couldn't find a tiny place to put him in.
Seriously,we don't need Rivaldo and that's it.

---------------------------------------------
Forza Lazio!!!!!!!
Serie A Champions 1999-2000

·
Registered
198 Posts
at a new interview with Cragnotti, he said that there is no way that he's selling veron for rivaldo....that means eron is staying..
..i'm not sure about salas and almyeda, but guys its inlogicall to sell SIX PLAYERS (Nedved, Almeyda, Miha, Simeone, Stankovic and Veron)..to buy only one (Rivaldo)....
this is soo ridicolas....
we just won the league with the team we've got..and im sure that will keep it for next season unless others are joining...
some guys here wrote down some teams that are absoloutely pathetic.....so to those ppl we are not making a dream team....we cant have the best player of the world playing for us..be real..

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think that we need:
1) a left defender;
2) Vieri or Batistuta (my dream since many years);
3) Buffon or Toldo.
I think that midfield is perfect and also quite young and I hope that Inzaghi will be confirmed.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Selling 4 players for 1?????
isn't that insane how can 1 player cater for 4 players
his good but we dont need to get rid of four players
what if he gets injured there's 4 other players we could have put on but no we ssold them and especially when its almeyda and stankovic!!!

VIVA LA LAZIO!!!!! :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We will never sell Mihajlovic ! Noone would buy him ( cause of his age... :( ) and he is a lot help for lazio ! He scored many important goals and he didn't make so many defence mistakes ( maybe against Valencia :( )But i think his real club will always be Lazio and the left sided position in first 11

FORZA MIHAJLOVIC !
FORZA YUGOSLAVIA !!!
FORZA LAZIOOOOO!!!

[This message has been edited by sslazio11 (edited 16-05-2000).]

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I would not like to have Rivaldo in Lazio because he is way to expensive. If we buy Vieri instead it's ok to me :) We have enough players for the positions were Rivaldo could play and we have them already so we don't need to spend all that money on rivaldo's transfer fee and wages ! But Cragnotti really likes him (or needs him for the stocks ??) so i think the chances are rational we see him in a lazio jersey next season, don't you ? I also read on italian soccer site that Barca wants lazio players in exchange for Rivaldo, well from the list that there was written there (Veron, Nedved, Almeyda, Salas and Stankovic) should no one leave, maybe Stankovic but that's it ! It's a relief that i read the interview with cragnotti where he says that Veron will not leave. But he said : "And Almeyda has a difficult character and he is often very tense, but Eriksson made the team work very well. "
For me this is a sign that Almeyda will be used to get Vieri or Rivaldo to Lazio ? Hopefully Vieri. If Almeyda leaves we will probably go for Baronio as replacement.
Frey is a good option as goalkeeper i believe and he will be cheaper then Buffon , Toldo, ..

But why should we sell players to get money for transfers. If we keep the team and add Vieri / Lopez to it , who is going to stop us ?? :)
If Cragnotti could spend so much money on Rivaldo he could also use it to get Vieri back and then we don't have to give players in exchange. But Cragnotti wil probably has another view on it and will think about other things too...

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
If you are looking to get Rivaldo and Vieri this is quite stupid. Rivaldo is not a player who gives service from wide to a striker. He cuts inside looking for his shot and close combinations with players like Kluivert who have the ability to set up goals as well as score them. so if you were to get him, he would be useless in a wide role. Only he could play in the middle, but the reason my Barca and Van Gaal never put him in the middle is because he leaves a lot of open space behind him in which to attack. Defense does not worry him. But if you want to give us $50 million or Veron and friends for him that is quite fine. It won't be the first time we have sold off a "world's best". Visca Barca!

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
I think as great club, Barca know that Salas' coming will be useless for them...
MU really want Salas, why don't we seel him to them....

We don't need Rivaldo in Serie A, but we need him in CL next year..... definitely....

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
ok why not to Man U,and Salas is better then Patrick K butt i was thinkin so we kan gett Rivaldo sheeeeeper.

JF

1 - 13 of 13 Posts