Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is mainly directed to Romanisti to gauge their remaining interest level in the two-horse scudetto race and the CL matches, but anyone feel free to chime in!
Because Roma haven't been eliminated, my favorite tournament right now is Coppa Italia. :D No seriously, what's your level of interest in the two other tournaments from which we have basically been eliminated? Are you still following the Milan-Juve showdown, or do you care mostly about Roma and the 4th place spot?
Also, how close are you following the Champions League matches? Pirlo was wonderful vs. ManU yesterday, I have to admit it. Wish we had a ball holder/distributor like him. Anyway, just a little semi-off topic for discussion purposes if anyone is interested in the topic.
AS ROMA :thmbup:

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I am interested in everything. Even the Serie B race.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
I would like to follow the race for the Scudetto, but unfortunately, my threshold for boredom does not permit me to sit through nintey minutes of any mind-numbing Juventus game :yawn:

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
romafan53 said:
I would like to follow the race for the Scudetto, but unfortunately, my threshold for boredom does not permit me to sit through nintey minutes of any mind-numbing Juventus game :yawn:
:) :thmbup:

Yeah, i follow everything, if you can call something following without being able to watch more than one game a season :tongue: Let's say im well informed :)

·
Registered
894 Posts
It's hard to avoid the scudetto race. I'll still watch the CL (as I'll watch pretty much any football) Milan did well against Man Utd

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
I know whats going on in the CL results wise, but its not a big interest to me. I am following the Scudetto race closely because I do not want Capello, Moggi, Emerson, Zebina, or Juventus PERIOD to win the Scudetto.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
I obviously follow the Scudetto race for the same reasons as Romanista10 does. CL is great entertainment. I simply love these big clashes!

Like Deano, I follow lower leagues as well, but not Serie B. I'm more into Serie C1A. It'll be exciting to see if Spezia can grab a playoff-spot. Important match coming up for them on Sunday when they meet Grosseto at home. Unfortunately without the bomber Guidetti :(
A lot of old players in Serie C1A. Poggi and Hubner in Mantova. Eddy Baggio playing for Spezia :D

;)

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Romanista10 said:
I know whats going on in the CL results wise, but its not a big interest to me. I am following the Scudetto race closely because I do not want Capello, Moggi, Emerson, Zebina, or Juventus PERIOD to win the Scudetto.
Same here.
Another reason I don't want Juve to win is because they're the most boring and consistently ugly playing team in a top league I've ever seen. It would be a crime against football if such a team is to become a champion.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I love all Italian football and every saturday/sunday I watch the 3 games we get in Sweden, to bad it´s not often that they show Roma, but I happily watch Juventus, Inter, Milan, Fiorentina, Palermo, Lecce, Parma, Lazio to name a few. And in the CL i root for all Italian teams like my life depended on it, I hate when other people say that this or that league is better because they have this and that team through in the CL, I´ll always remember 2003 with a smile on my face. And the most important thing is that I begun to love Il Calcio long before I fell in love with Roma (when I was in Rome and saw Milan-Roma at Olimpico (1-2 january , 2004)) way back in the days when Le sette sorrelle existed, about.. 15 years ago maybe, first 13 years I just enjoyed the football, but that visit to Rome got me hooked on Roma. Now a days it´s so different on sundays when you know that the team in your heart plays, you hope they win so you don´t have to feel that agony throughout the week until the next game is played and instead you can be happy for a week, something that haven´t happened that much this season ;)

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Demandred said:
Same here.
Another reason I don't want Juve to win is because they're the most boring and consistently ugly playing team in a top league I've ever seen. It would be a crime against football if such a team is to become a champion.
Agreed. Capello continues to his trend of playing attacking football in the first half of the season and being at the top of Serie A....then he plays scared with his infamous defensive tactics to lose the Scudetto in the 2nd half of the season. He did that with Roma in 2002 and 2004...now he is doing it to Juve. Capello is a great coach and motivator so don't get me wrong as I wish he never abandoned us, but he seems to play "not to lose" rather than go for the win. Roma's inexcusable 0-0 draws with teams at the bottom of Serie A in the Capello years cost us 2 Scudetti.

·
Registered
13,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can't help to think also of the jinx of Emerson, or the thread in addicts once called "Emerson - bad juju."
The thread laid out Emerson's runs of bad luck and the hex he has put on many clubs, and how those clubs go on to win it all only when he gets seriously injured, i.e., Roma 00-01, Brasil during the last World Cup.
It's pretty satisfying to read Juve fans cursing Zebina out every other match now, too. :happy:
Anyway, this thread can be used for non-Roma matches in the coming months, particularly CL games and the scudetto race. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
romafan53 said:
:thmbup: sorry I couldn't help myself but laugh at this,If you wanted to watch the men in black you would've hired will smith.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
not really, but you cannot not overview the gazzetta's first few pages.
as long as juventus fails i'm alright with "the scudetto race".

at certain times i'm almost as much anti-MaFIATino as Romanista.
god only knows how i hate la vecchia troia.

a friend of mine(milanista) even owns a scarf of em.
it was a "gift" a juventino loved to get rid of after a match outside the stadium. ;)

i own one too.
gonna burn it next sunday and piss on the ashes...

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Yes ever since I travelled to Turin and went to see Juve play non-football in December I have hated them even more. It is just horrible.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
@Romanista 10 - Juve were playing attacking football in the first half of the season? I haven't noticed it, maybe because I was bored to tears by them in every single game of theirs I've seen. ;)

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Last years Roma was much stronger than this years Juve. But remember where Juve was last season. If I had to pick out of the 3 to win I'd want Inter to take the scudetto as I think they deserve it with the football they've played. Its amazing that Juve is ahead of them to be honest.

·
Registered
61,189 Posts
romafan53 said:
:dielaugh:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts