Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both box to box guys.

Who's better?

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
True Faisal. But we cant compare they are in two different leagues.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Steven Gerrard is the type of player that would kill it at Inter Milan or any top team in SerieA. He has the aggression, stamina, great passing, mentality, Amazing long shot, finishing thats almost like a top striker.

Apart from the culture shock I can't see how he couldn't only better Stankovic at Inter, Don't get me wrong though I don't want to put Deki down but Gerrard is a different gravy.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think Stankovic and Gerrard are equal players. I just don't see it in Gerrard everytime he plays. I saw the Carling Cup Final and he was not that great. Just average.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
I THINK LIKE THAT TOO

GERARD WLD ROCK IN INTER

ONLY ONE THIS IS LEFT

we dont have steven
and mora wont buy him i guess

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL Coolntall in the last week you wanted Ronaldo, Totti, Aimar, ROnaldinho, Gerrard, Nesta, Samuel...who else :D

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Gerrard has some below par games like everyone and like Deki too. So what? He is still the better player for me and by quite some bit.

Pulsar they certainly aren't equal man. Only Stankovic plays for a stronger team. Ok thats my piece on this 'Vs' thread if anyone disagrees with me fair enough we agree to disagree because unless Steven Gerrard goes downhill he will be a level above most midfielders in the world today, Not only Stankovic.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
bro
if we sell adri
we will be able to have all of those players
we really shld sell him,we have OBA OBA

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL

IF we rely on Oba Oba

I'm sure we're gonna be SOBa, SOBa

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
no way
if we realy on
IMPERATORE
OUR IMPERATORE WILL DESTROY OUR WHOLL TEAM.

AND WE CAN GET ALL OF MONEY OUT OF ADRI

BRO S
he is in a very hard moment of his life
he is like DARN IT I DONT WHANA PLAY FOR THIS TEAM,THEY CANT EVEN WIN A SCHUDETTOO

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Look bro, I kinda agree with you but I think somehow we'll be idiots if this guy actually becomes big one day

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
well he will
but maybe he wont.

well i think oba oba will be better than him

oba needs more practising
n hell be way better than adri

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I seriously doubt that man. Adriano and Oba...Adriano got a better foot...he's not as fast...let me put it this way

Adriano is better than Oba in everything but speed. The thing is, Adriano is greater than Oba in every aspect by miles- Oba is faster than Adriano by a little, but not much

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
imo Gerrard's inconsistency makes him the perfect player for Inter ;). i'm not sure why you lot are saying he is clearly better than Stankovic. i know some of his goals and passes look good in highlights packages but he can be completely anonymous too, and Stankovic certainly knows where the goal is and has scored some great ones himself for that matter .

in my modest opinion i'd rate these players about the same, but Inter fans can be grateful that Stankovic only cost a few million euros, whereas Gerrard would cost a fortune. also Gerrard has the benefit of playing for a "big" national team like England where even Ashley Cole can get himself rated as the best LB in the world with a few half decent performances.

this should truly be moved to the world forum if you want to avoid the bias from Inter fans (not that there seems to be any). i know it's hard to compare players from different leagues but it's worth considering that Stankovic plays for Inter, a club with no known rivals when it comes to wasting talent. just imagine what players like Emre, Recoba and Van der Meyde have done and could potentially do elsewhere.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Stankovic is not being wasted, Anyway are you saying that Stankovic is more consistent than Gerrard? Stankovic hasn't exactly been lacked games where he has been invisible this season whilst being one of the most played players at Inter. Nobody is talking about highlights but how they both compare as players and for me Stankovic is good ofcourse but I honestly don't see him as a more effective player than Gerrard.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Faisal said:
Stankovic is not being wasted, Anyway are you saying that Stankovic is more consistent than Gerrard? Stankovic hasn't exactly been lacked games where he has been invisible this season whilst being one of the most played players at Inter. Nobody is talking about highlights but how they both compare as players and for me Stankovic is good ofcourse but I honestly don't see him as a more effective player than Gerrard.
let's not start this again, Faisal ;)
i said i think they're about the same. i certainly never said that Stankovic is a model of consistency or anything like that. i also never said he was being wasted either, he is probably one og the players that Inter is getting the most out of, in terms of potential.

it's not generally Inter's policy to deliberately waste players by leaving them on the bench or playing them out of position (except for players like Emre, Recoba etc). it's just that somehow the performance of the team on the park never seems to live up to the potential of the team on paper.

this combined with Moratti's massively ambitious spending program during the last decade and the demands of success starved fans puts a lot of pressure on many of Inter's best players (there are too many to name) and often leads them to fail or seek transfers.

i'm not saying it's easy for Gerrard at Liverpool with all the problems they've had, especially with the added responsibility of being captain, but right now, not many clubs would be as difficult to perform well in as Inter is. end of story.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
True Inter is full of talent but it depends if you have a place or not, The main problem is getting consistent games if your telling me Gerrard had as fair a chance as Stankovic this season without personal choices from Mancini then I belive Gerrard would shine and be more effective than Stankovic. Anyway its a matter of opinion at the end of the day and I agree we shouldn't start this again.

Stankovic is more than capable at the end of the day

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
As I said in the Lazio thread, i think Stankovic and Gerrard are different players. Stankovic could not be the leader in the side. Trust me I know, it's been tried in our NT and didn't work. he doesn't make as many tackles and just doesn't have the drive. Gerrard has very good long passing ability and amazing strength and speed (for a central midfielder of his size) amongst other physical attributes but like also said Stankovic is superior technically, Gerrard plays too much with heart and not enough with his head. He often runs around like a headless chicken and when up against someone that is superior technically he is no where to be seen.

Gerrard is a very good player, as is Stankovic and you can rank both of them as high as the top 10 in the world. Gerrard is often very ordinary in big games while Stankovic usually comes up with the goods, playing him on the left is not good though. He was so much better when against Lecce he played on the right.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts