Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in:

"Jan Ceulemans is ontslagen bij Club Brugge"

ma 03/04/06 - Volgens verschillende bronnen heeft Club Brugge zijn trainer Jan Ceulemans ontslagen. Club haalde de voorbije weken maar 5 op 18 en mag de titel vergeten.

-----

"Jan Ceulemans gets fired at Club Brugge"

mon 03/04/06 - According to various sources Club Brugge has fired it's trainer Jan Ceulemans. Club only managed to get 5 points out of 18 the past weeks and can forget the tittle.

-----------

source: sporza.be

More to follow later after the conference of 14.00.

Nope and I contrary to what I thought it's not a late April fool joke.
Seems the horrible game against Gent (4-1 loss) last weekend cost him the head.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,672 Posts
It turns out Foeballe isn't as simple as the Caje thought it was :dielaugh:

Please please please, let Franky VDE be his successor :D


On a serious note, that is extremely fast for Club's standards to fire a coach :eek:. OK it has been dramatically bad from matchday one, but when you attract Ceulemans you know what you are gonna get: a tactical retard but also (looking at next season) a coach who can get result on a good athmosphere. A new coach (even if it is Ferrera) can't perform miracles with the average buys that happened this summer. :confused:
 

·
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
Joined
·
2,465 Posts
Bring back Hugo :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gOD said:
It turns out Foeballe isn't as simple as the Caje thought it was :dielaugh:

Please please please, let Franky VDE be his successor :D


On a serious note, that is extremely fast for Club's standards to fire a coach :eek:. OK it has been dramatically bad from matchday one, but when you attract Ceulemans you know what you are gonna get: a tactical retard but also (looking at next season) a coach who can get result on a good athmosphere. A new coach (even if it is Ferrera) can't perform miracles with the average buys that happened this summer. :confused:
I agree.
Ofcourse, the fact that 4 matchdays before the end of the competition Ceulemans is still looking for a so called type-elftal doesn't help. But IMHO he is only partially responsible for the current situation and bad results. Like you said; there's just too few quality in the team. Therefor I think the real problem shouldn't be sought with the staff, but in the board.

But I can't imagine how firing your coach in the final and decisive phase of the competition will solve the problem and I wonder if it might not have been a better idea to wait untill the season ended.

This looks a lot like panic-management and I do expect the press of fans to condemn this move.

BTW: Ferrera? Does this mean he will be forced to give up his job as gemeenteambtenaar? :howler:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyway like expected after the conference Club Brugge announced Emilio Ferrera will be the new trainer.

In the meanwhile Ferrera has led his first training at Club Brugge. (something which was not appreciated by the fans)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,740 Posts
Can anyone tell me... why Ferrera?

Looking to the statistics of this season so far, it's not that strange Ceulemans is fired, although it's not really something for Brugge to do it so 'quick'.

However, then again, why Ferrera, is he such a top-coach? I have my doubts tbh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
820 Posts
I don't get it. Was there any supporter pressure to sack de Caje? I think Degryse and D'Hooghe just want to save their own ass. All the transfers svcked big time. De Caje should not be held responsible for this. Second time Club dumps its legend.
 

·
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
Joined
·
2,465 Posts
Knoert said:
why Ferrera, is he such a top-coach? I have my doubts tbh.
One day Ferrera will coach Real Madrid. As you can see, his carreer was going in the wrong direction lately, so it's very kind of Club to give him a little hand. And I guess he's also cheap :D.

RC Brussel (91-93)
América (Mex) (93-94)
Rac.Jet Waver (94-97)
Lombeek (97-99)
Beveren (99-01)
RWDM (01-02)
Lierse (02-04)
Brussels (sacked) (04-05)
La Louvière (sacked) (05-05)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,672 Posts
Ferrera as coach, that makes it all less funny :stress:.

It remains to be seen how he will handle stars, but tactically Emilio is by miles the best Belgian coach around.
 

·
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
Joined
·
2,465 Posts
The fans are not allowed to put up banners refering to Ceulemans tonight.

This is starting to look like a kindergarten to me. At first the board decides to close the club's official forum, now they've come up with this.

How much further can we go back into time? :thmbdown:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,168 Posts
Pepinovic said:
The fans are not allowed to put up banners refering to Ceulemans tonight.

This starting to look like a kindergarten to me. At first the board decides to close the club's official forum, now they've come up with this.

How much further can we go back into time? :thmbdown:
Alsof het aan kant zwembad zo veel beter is.
 

·
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
Joined
·
2,465 Posts
binswhacker said:
Alsof het aan kant zwembad zo veel beter is.
What does that have to do with it? :dielaugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pepinovic said:
This starting to look like a kindergarten to me. At first the board decides to close the club's official forum, now they've come up with this.
Again? :googly:

Anyway, maybe you should make a banner with double sides.
Unroll once you're in the stadium and let the stewarts race you for it. :lala:
 

·
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
Joined
·
2,465 Posts
You mean because I'm a Cercle fan I'm not allowed to criticize Club?

I've had my go at Anderlecht in the past, still gOD or Admiral didn't bite my head off because of it like you usually do :thmbdown: .
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,388 Posts
If i were editor, preferably at HLN, my title would have been:

"Ceulemans: gewogen en te licht bevonden." cause that is what has been going on, the man isnt capable of communicating in any sense, he tries to make the team play without any apparent tactics, he doesnt know how to handle star players, he f*cked up and nobody should be afraid to say this :stuckup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,168 Posts
MutOofd said:
If i were editor, preferably at HLN, my title would have been:

"Ceulemans: gewogen en te licht bevonden." cause that is what has been going on, the man isnt capable of communicating in any sense, he tries to make the team play without any apparent tactics, he doesnt know how to handle star players, he f*cked up and nobody should be afraid to say this :stuckup:
Well, maybe that's why you're a moron instead of an editor.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top