Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wondered who you guys prefer out of Stepanovs and Upson!Weve seen more of Upson this season,Its been great to see AW work him into the Arsenal side.

As for Steponovs well i think every Arsenal fan wanted to sell him after his extremely bad game against Manu.But he's come back and done a good job for us.

Anyway out of the two,who would you prfer to see Centre back for Arsenal?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Matthew Upson by a country mile for me.

He is younger, English and he has bags more potential in my opinion, hopefully we can see him play over the course of a season and stay injury free.

·
Registered
886 Posts
yeah I`m 100% with JLE. I still think Stepanovs is poor player. He does ok just because he have played with Keown Adams and Campbell but play him in a team with a weaker defence or beside Grimandi and you will see how good he really is.
I would like to see Stepanovs leave this summer in advantage for John Halls.

·
Registered
66 Posts
definately Upson.

Stepanovs late blunder at Leverkusen effectively put us out of the CL, he's dodgy and not as versitile as young mathew.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Matty Upson by miles and miles ... I said a few months ago on this forum that Stepanovs was the worst defender I had seen in a long time - a comment which brought the wraith of many a Gooner on this very forum - and I stand by that. How Arsene ever considered him good enough for the shirt is mind-blowing.

But then again, he did buy an invisible man by the name of Inamoto didnt he?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Steppers. isnt the best defender in the Premeirship, I agree, but he kept Alan Shearer quiet this year without breaking much of a sweat, so he cant be that bad.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Stepanovs isnt the best defender in the EPL, but he's not the worst either!

But, of course, I would rather see Upson staking his claims.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
JLE said:
Steppers. isnt the best defender in the Premeirship, I agree, but he kept Alan Shearer quiet this year without breaking much of a sweat, so he cant be that bad.

If you go back to that game at SJP, Stepanovs gets caught ball-watching numerous times - a cardinal sin for a centre-half. But hey ... Shearer didn't score so let's call it a five-star performance where Igor didnt have to 'break much of a sweat', so superficial and basic. :rolleyes:

Has nothing to do with the fact Shearer got no service that night? - a credit to the Arsenal midfield more than the Latvian ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts