Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/3443915.stm

BBC reports he's going to join them! if they get it wrong, then I demand they get closed down after the Iraqi weapons of mass distruction cock - up :mad: it's a waste of tax payers money anyway. I mean how many programmes on the Beeb are worth watching. Eastenders is crap, Top of the Pops is dreadful, all these BBC drama series are a load of crap and have i got news for you isn't the same.

Still I expected him to leave and if it happens, we'll hear about it for certain within 48 hours. Replacements for him we have now...Tarricco, Kelly as right back??! who else?

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Carr door open for Magpies

By Danny Griffiths
Date: 30/1/2004

TOTTENHAM are bracing themselves for a £3million bid from Newcastle of defender Stephen Carr. Magpies boss Sir Bobby Robson has...

Your Location: Home > Latest News

Carr door open for Magpies
By Danny Griffiths for THEspursweb.com

TOTTENHAM are bracing themselves for a £3million bid from Newcastle of defender Stephen Carr.

Magpies boss Sir Bobby Robson has been watching the Republic of Ireland right-back for some time and wants him to fortify his defence.

Carr is out of contract in 18 months and has shown no inkling about extending his contract.

Spurs do not intend to let him leave White Hart Lane as a free agent and will be happy to pick up money which will swell their transfer budget before their new manager is appointed.

Newcastle can afford Carr after selling Nolberto Solano to Aston Villa and Carl Cort to Wolves for a combined £4m.

It is also possible, though a ploy unlikely to succeed according to sources on Tyneside, that Tottenham will use Newcastle's interest in the Dubliner to prise Portugal international midfielder Hugo Viana away from St James Park.

Any deal has to be concluded by 5.30pm on Monday when the transfer window closes.

Carr, Spurs skipper in the absence of Jamie Redknapp, has not recaptured his outstanding form of a couple of seasons ago after missing extended playing time with knee and hamstring problems.

And, in the short-term, his departure could be covered by Mauricio Taricco moving from left-back to right-back as Christian Ziege is finally nearing a full recovery from his horrific leg injury. Johnnie Jackson has also shown plenty of promise on the left.

That will give Tottenham time to assess the ability of youngsters Stephen Kelly and Dean Marney before deciding whether to splash out to replace Carr or divert funds elsewhere.

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's gone quiet on the Carr deal today, so looks like he'll be staying. Now sign the contract Stephen!!! :fero:

·
Registered
59,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carr wants Arsenal move
by Morgan Pitt
Tottenham defender Stephen Carr, who is likely to leave the club this summer, would prefer a move to Arsenal over Newcastle, according to the Independent.

However, at Tueday's press conference at White Hart Lane, caretaker manager David Pleat said that the fullback would only leave if the club received a £8 million bid for him.

Pleat said: "He is playing fine for us and he's responding to the challenge of captaincy and he has 18 months to go.

"I don't see that as a major issue at the moment. It would only be a major issue if someone came in and offered us £8m or something like that
--------------------------
He said that in the Independent?!?! :eek: :mad:

Come on , sign on the dotted line!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Carr is top of the range

By Danny Griffiths
Date: 4/2/2004

STEPHEN CARR leads Tottenham into tonight's FA Cup replay with Manchester City with an £8million price tag on his head. The Republic...

Carr is top of the range
By Danny Griffiths for THEspursweb.com

STEPHEN CARR leads Tottenham into tonight's FA Cup replay with Manchester City with an £8million price tag on his head.

The Republic of Ireland right-back is interesting Newcastle although they failed to make an offer for him during the transfer window.

The Magpies were reported to be willing to pay £3m to take him to St James Park.

But acting manager David Pleat is happy Carr is staying at White Hart Lane.

'He is playing fine for us and he's responding to the challenge of captaincy and he has 18 months to go," Pleat said.

"I don't see that as a major issue at the moment. It would only be a major issue if someone came in and offered us £8m or something like that."

Chances are Carr will stay even though he has not agreed to take up Tottenham's offer to open talks about a new deal.

He wants the club to show their ambition but the arrival of £7m striker Jermain Defoe, the near-capture of £2m England goalkeeper Paul Robinson and £15m of transfers to come in the summer when a new boss is appointed is likely to persuade him to remain where he is.

=================

Spurs fullback Carr prefers Arsenal over Newcastle
tribalfootball.com - February 4, 2004

Tottenham skipper Stephen Carr wants a move to Arsenal.
Despite the interest of Newcastle United, Carr is hoping he can switch to Arsenal next year, says the Independent.

He would follow ex-Spurs teammate Sol Campbell from White Hart Lane to Highbury if he was allowed to leave Tottenham at the end of next season when his contract expires.

"He is playing fine for us and he's responding to the challenge of captaincy and he has 18 months to go," Spurs manager David Pleat said.

"I don't see that as a major issue at the moment. It would only be a major issue if someone came in and offered us £8m or something like that."

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Carr to stay at Spurs?

By Chris Pope
Date: 11/2/2004

Tottenham's sensational signing of Jermaine Defoe may keep want-away defender Stephen Carr at the club for a little longer........

Carr to stay at Spurs?
By Chris Pope for THEspursweb.com

Tottenham's sensational signing of Jermaine Defoe may keep want-away defender Stephen Carr at the club for a little longer.

Over the past two years, there have been constant stories alluding to the fact that Spurs's captain, Carr, wanted to leave the club due to its perceived under-ambition. Stories in the press linking him to amongst others, Arsenal, Newcastle United and Manchester United have caused uncertainty over the player's future and his scowling demeanour has led some fans to believe that he no longer wants to wear the famous shirt.

However, according to Carr, the £7 million signing of former West Ham striker Dafoe on the last day of the transfer window has signalled a change of policy for Spurs. He told Sky Sports: "The Defoe signing is a clear testament to where the club wants to go, and that has got to be in Europe."

"It is a great capture and for the sort of money you would only expect the top three or four clubs to be spending at the present time. To be honest, it surprised me more than a little, but hopefully it is the first big signing of many that will be made in the next transfer window and, if that is the case, things will look very bright at Tottenham."

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Even though I don't agree with striker captains; I'd have to say Keane. No real leaders at Spurs I'm afraid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts