Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was not as easy as the 1st game but France are definitely the team to beat. The way they threatened, beautiful passes from midfield to the forwards. It was clinical. Maybe now if they win this cup they will get more respect, and all the B.S. about how the poor Brazilians were not ready or traumatized or whatever will dissapear. They are the great team of today!

D

·
0 Posts
It seems no one is posting anything about the French national team in teh french forum, when theyr'e the best team on show. They must all be in the Netherlands watching the magnificent Les Blues outplay and humiliate Denmark and the Czech Republic

As with many games in this tournament a bright start. Nedved stinging Barthez's palms with a hard shot on the turn. Gabriel then played a hospital
pass straight to Henry who poked the ball under Srnicek and the ball rolled just inside the post. Worse than Mihajlovic's hospital pass to Zahovic.
Anelka headed wide from Petit's corner. Henry shot wide following awesome work by Zidane, he pulled the ball back with his right foot before slipping in Henry with a beautifully weighted pass. The Czechs were awarded a penalty
when Deschamps fouled Nedved outside the box but he fell inside. Poborsky converted. Petit headed wide from Zidane's free kick. Poborsky went agonisingly wide with two efforts late in the second half the first a shot from distance following a mistake by Petit and the second a spectacular
volley after Koller chested down Nemec's huge free kick.

Nedved wasted a 100% chance, Smicer somehow managed to flick on a header despite being shadowed by Blanc but Nedved shot high and Barthez saved.
Djorkaeff hit a hopeful ball upto Henry, Henry juggled the ball and then sent a cross into the box, Djorkaeff arrived to smack a low shot into the net. Koller headed Nedved's free kick against the crossbar and Blanc wasted
another 100% chance, heading Djorkaeff's free kick wide. Dugarry released Zidane on the left wing but he couldn't do what Henry did against Denmark when one on one with Srnicek.

The director kept showing Karembeu's stunning wife in the stands. I think it's hilarious that she's going to have to move to Middlesbrough, can't imagine her walking around town! I digress, as against Denmark, France played
in 2nd gear and when they needed to turn it up a level they did. At the moment they are just using Henry's pace to win matches.

Man of the Match : Thuram - It's not as though the French defence was being bombarded by wave after wave of attacks but Thuram made so many of the Czech players look ordinary it must have been soul destroying.

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Man of the Match in my version is Thiery Henry!!
Look at his effort in passing the ball to Djorkaeff's goal, he's really brilliant in playing his foot...:rolleyes:
about Thuram, he got a yellow card from tackling Repka!! Thuram is second in my opinon!!

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Barlinek, you have perfectly summarized what i've been trying to say to everyone for about 2 years!A lot of people still don't give the due credits to that fantastic team!and for no reason just because of this endless and pathetic excuse:"The world cup was all a fluke as it was in France and arranged in a way that they win". They deserved it fully
and dominated in EVERY single part of the field and the game the mighty Brasilians and the Italians.
Now, they showed why they're the World Champions!And if they play like they've been since the beginning of this Euro
they may well become the first nation of winning straight in a row, World Cup and Euro!
I mean look at their team!It's an all-star team as one would say in the US!And a damn good strong and confident team!

Allez Les Bleus!

The world will be...Bleu Blanc Rouge...once again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts