Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A thread is due. Inter are quite active, 3 signings sealed (Godin, Lazaro and Sensi)

Sensi's Inter medical tomorrow
Football Italia

Sassuolo’s Stefano Sensi will undergo a medical with Inter on Tuesday after arriving in Milan to complete his transfer.

Inter finally agreed a €25m deal with Sassuolo to sign Sensi last week, and the midfielder will officially become Nerazzurro tomorrow.

“Everything’s good, he’ll have his medical tomorrow,” agent Beppe Riso told reporters outside the club’s offices.

“I’m very happy about this deal because whenever a young lad steps up to a big club, it’s always something to be proud of.

Does Riso think the 23-year-old will emulate the impact of his former teammate Matteo Politano, whose option to buy was recently exercised by the Beneamata?

”He’ll prove his worth,” he concluded.

Inter announced the signings of Diego Godin and Valentino Lazaro on Monday.

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sensi has Inter medical
Football Italia

Sassuolo midfielder Stefano Sensi has passed his Inter medical and will sign for the club shortly.

Sensi arrived in Milan last night and successfully underwent a medical on Tuesday morning.

He is now on his way to Inter’s offices, where he will put pen to paper on his contract.

The Nerazzurri take the 23-year-on a €5m loan for the season, which includes a €22m option to buy next summer.

The deal will also see Italy Under-20 left-back Marco Sala join Sassuolo on a permanent basis for €5m.

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Sensi has Inter medical
Football Italia

Sassuolo midfielder Stefano Sensi has passed his Inter medical and will sign for the club shortly.

Sensi arrived in Milan last night and successfully underwent a medical on Tuesday morning.

He is now on his way to Inter’s offices, where he will put pen to paper on his contract.

The Nerazzurri take the 23-year-on a €5m loan for the season, which includes a €22m option to buy next summer.

The deal will also see Italy Under-20 left-back Marco Sala join Sassuolo on a permanent basis for €5m.
It's an amazing deal on paper, and I'm always happy to have more Italians in the team.

I just hope he far outstrips Politano and other Inter deep-lying playmakers like Pizarro and Banega, who were massively disappointing.

Sensi-Barella-Brozo would be a very interesting midfield and should be more robust and better in possession that the current Brozo-Radja-Vecino mess.

I really hope we move Nainggolan on and Conte gives Vecino limited playing time....

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sensi 'can't wait' for Conte
Football Italia

Stefano Sensi admits he ‘can’t wait’ to start working with Antonio Conte and believes Inter ‘have all the prerequisites to do well this season.’

Sensi finally completed his transfer from Sassuolo on Wednesday, and he joined fellow new boy Valentino Lazaro in making no secret of his desire to play for Conte.

“I’m very happy, I’ve already met several members of the Inter family,” the midfielder told Inter TV.

“I’ve met some very welcoming people, who have made me feel at ease. The fans welcomed me in a big way and made a great impression on me. That’s a good starting point.

“I expect a tough season of hard work because Inter want to get back to being what they deserve to be: a big team in Europe.

“We have all the prerequisites to do well this season. The feeling is indescribable. I honestly never expected it but now I’m here and I'll do my best to work hard and be ready for the Coach.

“Certainly Conte is an great Coach with a winning mentality, and that’s what you need in today’s football.

“He’s a Coach who has an impact on you and lets you grow, and I can’t wait to start working with him.

“Having fans like these is a great thing because you get all this passion from them, which gives you an extra stimulus to then give the maximum on the field.

“We’re very happy about that and we hope to give them great satisfaction."

---

I wonder which Sassuolo player we will sign next summer btw.. becoming a bit of a habit now

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
I just hope he far outstrips Politano and other Inter deep-lying playmakers like Pizarro and Banega, who were massively disappointing.
red at it again

red said:
Getting rid of Kondogbia, Banega and Murillo was also clearly a big mistake.
https://www.xtratime.org/forum/22267842-post59.html
LOL what? Yes, Banega was a better player than Vecino and Valero, as if that is difficult. Not necessarily in his contribution to Inter, but in terms of ability. Kondogbia is on balance better than those 2 as well. Both K-Dog and Banega were sold for criminally low prices.

Look, Banega is a good player but clearly did not reach his highest level at Inter, by any stretch of the imagination. I thought he should have been given another season. Hopefully Sensi will outperform Banega's poor-ish season at Inter, otherwise Sensi will not be considered a success.

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's just rather odd how you describe the decision to let go of a 'massively disappointing' player (according to you) a 'big mistake', comes across a tad contradictory.

It's like calling letting go of say, Quaresma, a big mistake. Seeing as Quaresma was hugely disappointing. Although I don't necessarily agree that Banega was hugely/massively disappointing. I believe he had 6 goals and 6 assists which is decent for a midfielder but his contribution was perhaps made in 5-6 games not 38 so in terms of consistency he could have done more. Btw he was sold for 9mill, which is ok as we got him for nothing.

Vecino may not be the most physical or technical player, but he helped us make CL 2 seasons running tbf.

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Injured again against Napoli.

Hairline fracture in his foot.

The guy is a train wreck. Incredible player, but seemingly only for 1/4 of a season.

After Vrsaljko, possibly our most injury-prone player since Ronaldo......

I wonder will Ausilio send him back to Sassuolo....

Eriksen signing is already looking like insanely smart business.

·
Registered
43,657 Posts
In any case, he hasn't been the same after his injury vs Juventus.

@red, you remember when I said he'd be a back-up for Barella and you gave me the "yeah, sure, bro" treatment?

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
He was by far our best player in the first 6 weeks of the season.

It is purely a fitness issue with Sensi.

And anyway, if he returns to fitness he will be a backup to Eriksen

·
Greta joke sharer
22,957 Posts
Just give me my props.
Nah, how can he be a backup when he's out of commission for most of the season? No props for you!

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Just give me my props.
No.

Even if you managed to prop up an entire set of movie props for a mockumentary about Holywood set designers called 'Lord of the Props', I would still not give you props.....

·
Registered
43,657 Posts
Nah, how can he be a backup when he's out of commission for most of the season? No props for you!
Backup when he's available, ok? Now gimme my props!

No.

Even if you managed to prop up an entire set of movie props for a mockumentary about Holywood set designers called 'Lord of the Props', I would still not give you props.....
Man, I just can't get through to you.

Let's try it this way.

What? Patton, Lombardo, Flanagan (Cro-Mags) AND Scott Ian? At a Mr Bungle reunion?

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sensi out for 15-20 days

By Football Italia staff

Inter’s Stefano Sensi is expected to be out for the next 15-20 days with a hairline foot fracture, according to Il Corriere dello Sport.

The club confirmed yesterday that the midfielder suffered a hairline fracture in his left foot.
However at that stage it was unknown how long the former Sassuolo midfielder would be out of action for.
According to Il Corriere dello Sport, Sensi is expected to be unavailable for the next two to three weeks.
The Rome daily suggests that the club are hoping to have him ready for the game against Juventus on March 1.
Sensi has suffered a start-stop campaign with the Nerazzurri, as this is his fourth injury this season.
The 24-year-old has missed 12 games in 2019-20 due to various injuries.

---

If it's 15-20 days might as well make it a full month even if it means skipping the juve game.

The thing with Sensi is that he is in and out of the team. After his injury v juve I remember he played v Dortmund in Germany, then I believe he returned after the new year, played in the draws streak then out v Udinese and Milan, back in coppa v Napoli and out again.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,957 Posts
The kid needs to drink more milk and get a proper physio.

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
..Or he needs to join juve and get some Agricola treatment.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts