Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fulham star Steed Malbranque is so desperate for international football that he could end up playing for Belgium.

The 24-year-old has represented France at every level, but he has found breaking into Jacques Santini's senior side a tougher proposition.

But, with Fifa's new regulations stating he can play for his country of birth, the creative midfielder is ready to take the chance.

"It is very important for me and for my career to play international football," he said. "It can enhance your position in the game and everyone wants to be involved in the major tournaments and play on the world stage.

"I get frustrated because from the age of 14 I have played for France at every level but I have not been able to break through in to the senior squad.

"It is up to the coach how he makes his selections but there were periods recently when there were a lot of injuries and that would have been a good time for me to play for the full international team.

"Before this year I had my heart set on France and that is the way it has always been. It is still my dream but I have not been capped yet and was born in Belgium so maybe there is a chance I could play for them.

"I am thinking about it and maybe I am just waiting for Belgium to call."

Malbranque was born in Mouscron, but moved to France when he was four years old.

Source: itv.com

Allthough I dont believe a thing about it, I think It'll be sweeeeeeet. :cool:

I think he's just saying this to pressure France and try to get a plance in the French Euro 2004-squad. But he's always welcome in the Belgium-squad IMO. ;)

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Good for him. I don't know what France are thinking in choosing Saha but not Malbranque in their team. Maybe because Saha plays for Manchester United? :yuck: You see, if Steed goes to a big club he will be picked aswell. Same reason why Micoud is never picked. :yuck:

He is a fantastic player and all the best to him in accopmlishing his dream.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Malbranque is one of the best players of his position of the Premiership, he will soon move to a bigger club in England (no disrespect to Fulham) but I think liverpool will go for him or something

Belgium would do good to have a player like him!!!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I would be very disapointed if he chooses Belgium, Malbranque IS FRENCH, both his parents are french.

But if you have a really covard and idiot as coach like Santini you probaly don´t know what to do... I would probaly try to get a Suisse passport:groan:

When is he gonna look at Laurent Robert, Johan Micoud, Steed Malbranque ???

When is he gonna drop retards like Dabo ? and Marlet is absolutely not NT class, he is good in Ligue 1 but Les Bleus? NO!

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Jacques_Terrac said:
I would be very disapointed if he chooses Belgium, Malbranque IS FRENCH, both his parents are french.

But if you have a really covard and idiot as coach like Santini you probaly don´t know what to do... I would probaly try to get a Suisse passport:groan:

When is he gonna look at Laurent Robert, Johan Micoud, Steed Malbranque ???

When is he gonna drop retards like Dabo ? and Marlet is absolutely not NT class, he is good in Ligue 1 but Les Bleus? NO!
Exactly!!! Marlet is rubbish! Robert should be picked aswell! :groan:

And Deano, I thnk you are right about Liverpool. :notlist:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Not even Lazio play Dabo no more :D

Marlet stilll in your NT :eek:

Robert and Micoud I dont rate that highkly either mind - Malbranque is better than both :eek:

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Well Steve Marlet was not selected for this last group vs Belgique but he has been called up all the time Santini have been in charge.. I say again Marlet is good in Ligue 1 but should he be picked for NT, hehe its a joke when you look at what we have...

Philippe Mexès wasn´t selected neither:rollani: , maybe he gonna call back Philippe Christanval:howler: worst defender ever:yuck:

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, that were exactly the things I was thinking.
He's a great player only has bad luck, that he has players like Zidane, Pires, and so on playing his position. (he's a attacking mid. isn't he?).

But Zidane and Pires are getting older and in a few years, there will be a few spots open in the french team, so IMO it'll be foolish the choose Belgium instead of France.

Nevertheless, like I said before. I dont really believe he's considering playing for Belgium.:rolleyes:
He's just pressuring the french coach.
But he'll be a HUGE asset to the Belgium-team and he's always welcome :)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
no offence but Belgium would need him more, but like you said we would need him much when Zidane & Pirès quits the NT...
I really hope he don´t switch:depress:

Im so tired of Santini, In my lifetime he is the worst coach I have experienced...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
You really consider Malbranque nt class?:dazed:

As i see it Steed posses a "ok" talent but mostly lives on his mentality. He never stops running, always seeks the ball and never lose confidence eventhough his average vision to often lets him down.

Sure he`s good but not even close as talanted as Carriere, Robert and Giuly etc

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Gollum said:
You really consider Malbranque nt class?:dazed:

As i see it Steed posses a "ok" talent but mostly lives on his mentality. He never stops running, always seeks the ball and never lose confidence eventhough his average vision to often lets him down.

Sure he`s good but not even close as talanted as Carriere, Robert and Giuly etc
lol. Avarage vision??? He plays one of the best passes in the league. Its France losing without him, especially after Wiltord, Zidane and Pires go bye bye. :(

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Deano said:
Malbranque is one of the best players of his position of the Premiership, he will soon move to a bigger club in England (no disrespect to Fulham) but I think liverpool will go for him or something

Belgium would do good to have a player like him!!!

Cap him my french friends!:star:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Jacques_Terrac said:
Im happy for him:)
I am happy for France but not for him. I am sure they have only brought him in to play him for a few minutes and stop him from playing for Belgium.

I hope this isn't the case though, and he will keep getting picked. :)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Maybe, cause Micoud is picked so is Cheyrou, Malbranque and Giuly...

ad Pirès, Zidane and mybe Rothen...

we sure have some great ones to choose from;) :stuckup:

·
Registered
59,018 Posts
He's currently in the form of his life. If only he had chosen for the Belgians :moan:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts