Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the bitter feeling has died down a bit and I can finally start posting something intelligent.

I say "died down a bit" because it will propably not die down completely 'till the end of the season! Our overall state simply won't let it!

Look at us!!! Less then two years ago we were on top and then our team was torn apart, key players were sold and the replacements, if brought at all, might be good players but they have ZERO personality! And as a consequence the team has lost personality too. There was not one game this season in which Lazio managed to come back from behind, to get even a draw, let alone win! Our transfer market in the summer was a joke, we bought only for the sake of it, not taking facts into consideration. When we bought Mendieta he originally wanted to go to Real Madrid, and somehow it was predictable that his heart won't be 100% with us. Plus, historically almost all Spanish players in Serie A were a flop. We never really bought a replacement for Nedved and we can thank God Firentina did not have the money to buy Stankovic otherwise we'd be in deep s**t! Fiore was a total flop, I'm still confused as to what happened to that man, and Lopez was never suited for our style of play. Liverani played some good games but then again he played some awful ones as well. Such inconsistency is not permitted at 26.Those with heart and personality, like Negro and Mihajlovic have served their time and can be considered ex-football players. Only positive note comes from Giannichedda, Favalli, Poborsky and Stankovic who fight every match. And last, but not least, Zaccheroni, our coach: he confuses me most of all. He had some good moves this season, like putting Mendieta and Fiore on the bench in spite of the price tags attached to them, the revival of Stankovic...But now that the crisis came, he doesn't know how to handle it and sometimes gives rather dubious statements, like when he says we didn't play bad at Torino!!!Let's see what he'll do now.

So, what now? It seems everyone, including me, has written this season off. We can still make it to the CL spot and certainly to the UEFA cup, but quite frankly I do not care anymore. We need to rebuild our team ASAP. Rumours of Veron's return are already about, as well as some others, but rebuilding takes some time and I don't think we'll see a Lazio fit to win Lo Scudetto until 2003/2004 season. Sorry, but that is reality. As for this season, we should take each game individually and, most of all, pray that there is no new sacking of Rome in May.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
My opinion on our state?

We are a great team. The only thing lacking is psychological. Even without all the players missing we can beat any team but with them back we will be even better.

Notice that the same team playing vs Torino beat Perugia 4-0 it less than 70mins. Lopez and Fiore up front.

I think that next season we will again be chasing for Lo Scudetto and in the champions league.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Very nice, Milos. :star:

The worst part of this situation is that I am not even angry anymore. I am not even depressed. I am just totally numb and I feel nothing at all, which is far worse than being angry. This rollercoaster-Lazio has finally been too much for me. Once again I ask what the hell have happend during the week that has changed Lazio from the one that one 5-0, and I don't want to hear any excuses about injuries. Our reserves should be good enough to beat Torino away. Looking at the team on paper we should be the best in the world, but right now we are playing the worst football in Serie A. It seems we have to score in the opening 15 minutes to win a game. We played terrible at times last season too, but then we were atleast brave enough to fight and still managed to win.

But what sickens me the most is that every single days we are filled with lies and false promises to keep our hopes up by management, players and coach. Already in the summer Cragnotti said that he wanted to leave, but he is still here. So what's it gonna be Sergio? But then again, who would want tho buy a debtridden club, which Crag has finally admitted? And what's the alternative? Massimo? For the love of God NO!
When the January mercato openend we were told that new players would arrive. Then we were told Ze Maria would join after the Perugia game and the day after he would sign any day. But he is not in Rome yet. He is still in Perugia and the market is closing. We were told that Cragnotti would cut down the roster with a mass clear out, but has so far only managed to sell Kovacevic to half the price.
With the financial situation it seems we can't buy any players unless we sell some one, but because of injuries we can't sell any, so we are really tied on our hands and knees.
After the Perugia game Zac said that we were out of the crisis and that Lo Scudetto was still possible. But who are you fooling, Zac? Only yourself. Instead of thinking about Lo Scudetto, Cl spots and what ever we should start taking one game at the time!

I have heard so many lies the past year that I have finally gone numb. Our squad is seriously lacking leadership, team spirit and self confident and our coach has proven he can't solve it. What's left to do? Sack the coach? No, we already tried that without any result. Hire a psychologist to work with the team and order Prozac to all players.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Lightoller said:
key players were sold and the replacements, if brought at all, might be good players but they have ZERO personality! And as a consequence the team has lost personality too.
I've always insisted on this... the lack of leadership (personality) in the team is our main problem...

after all... I think our biggest problem is LIVERANI
he is our weakest point... he is just too slow ! so the team can not react properly and the game is just too slow ! even when we won 5-0 last week the rythm was very slow...
this is a good quality when you play against teams that have the ability to lead the game and impose their own rythm on the game , example : the game against JUVE... Liverani broke the opponents rythm and made Lazio controle the match...
but when you play against opponents who doesn't play very fast then you need a fast playmaker who can surprise them at any moment ... Liverani is not this playmaker... he just make us play awful and this way we will never achieve anything...

·
Registered
39 Posts
First and fore-most, some one needs to step up and take control. No one has any control or leadership on this team. Our owner is just worried about his financial status and he has every right to be because he's the one who's been pissing away our money. Zac, please, he only cares about himself, he doesn't know how to manage this team let alone give them the support and motivation they deserve. We have no chemistry...it's not because the players suck it's because no one is taking the initiative to teach these guys how to play like winners. Every single player we have (but a few) are top notch at their position. Yet, no one is their to give them support or encouragement. Instead, everything we see are transfer rumors...lets not be ignorant, these guys know that people are talking about them, I'm sure it affects their play...maybe not a lot but at least a little...yet Crag and Zac don't say anything but confirm that it's true half the time. Until we achieve some balance we won't be playing to our 100% ability. It's sad because this team is a Top 4 Serie A team (assuming everyone is healthy).

·
Registered
518 Posts
I remeber in Eriksson time, Lazio is one of the fastest team in the world, but now, we can't keep up with the pace of even Torino. It's not mean that we must back to a fast attack team, in fact, in soccer world, every Tac. can also make great success as well, but what we have done in this two years, coach after coach, Tac after Tac, we all in Crag. syndrome, we don't have our own mind at all.

Forget this season, do something now even I don't what should to do, but it's the time to make a reform.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
My thoughts: If things don't start improving

In:

. Carlos Bianchi (Coach) or Mancini (Or get him to play again)
. Juan Roman Riquelme
. Juan Pablo Sorin
. My 100 year old great grandman to partner Crespo up front

Out:

. Zaccheroni
. De La Pena
. Favalli
. Pancaro
. Negro
. Mendieta or Fiore

·
Agent 1.3
568 Posts
King Italy said:
My thoughts: If things don't start improving

In:

. My 100 year old great grandman to partner Crespo up front
:D :cool: Now that I would dearly love to see, Adrian;)

I'm sure it could only improve things for us too, given how things have been going lately.

I have nothing to say about Lazio:(, nothing whatsoever. I just await the next game with fear, trepidation, and hope.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts