Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will comment here how are our loaned players in Primera and Segunda doing.

Javi Tarantino (Numancia): Commented it in the Erreala-Numancia thread, he´s become an untouchable starter for Máximo since his arrival, even after a bad game he said he only saved Tarantino from the bad performance of his team. I´ve only watched him against Madrid and he played very well, hard in defense and going up with class. It´s hard to understand how a player who is a starter in Primera (and doing well) didn´t have a place in Bilbao Athletic (Segunda B), true that Jon Moya is doing great but Javi can play in different positions. Anyway, this shows that with Del Horno, Casas, Moya and Tarantino we have very well covered our left back position for the future.

Gorka Azkorra (Recreativo): Yesterday scored his second goal since his arrival one month ago. Has become a regular starter and is doing very well, also Recreativo has improved a lot since his arrival. I think he´ll meet his promise of scoring 9 goals.:cool: Llorente and Azkorra are showing we shouldn´t fear Urzaiz´s retirement.

Egoitz Jaio (Racing Ferrol): Already an expert on the matter, he´s Ferrol´s captain. Tall & hard defender but with lack of technique, he´s an option for next season if others (Amorebieta) don´t work well during preseason, if not I suppose he´ll leave the club.

Miguel Escalona (Racing Ferrol): Horrible season for him, hadn´t played a single minute and when finally he had his first opportunity on Saturday, he got injured on the 5th minute.:wallbang:

Igor Angulo (Nàstic Tarragona): Started as sub (has to fight for a place with a good player as Iván Ania) playing 30 minutes per game, when he finally played his first game as starter he got injured and was subbed at halftime. He´s been out of the list the last 2 games, due to the injury I suppose. Hope it´s a good experience for him because if Ezquerro finally leaves he´ll have a great responsability next season.

Endika Bordas (Terrasa): Just arrived, played around 30 minutes yesterday on his first game, can´t comment much but he´ll have to work hard with his teammates to avoid relegation.

We also have an option on David Karanka (Murcia) and Unai Expósito (Osasuna) at the end of the season. The first has been the whole season injured and the second is doing well in Osasuna but nothing really spectacular.

From these I suppose Angulo will return, Tarantino will fight for a place with Casas & Moya (if Del Horno doesn´t leave) and Azkorra´s future will depend on Urzaiz´s renewal. Jaio is a second option and Bordas will probably be loaned again. I don´t think we´ll recover Expósito or Karanka.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Javi Tarantino scored a goal for Numancia but he couldn´t avoid his team´s 2-3 loss against Racing.

Gorka Azkorra played the full game.

Jaio is injured, R.Ferrol is doing bad since he got injured.

Escalona will miss the rest of the season for that injury on minute 5 of his first game of the season.:depress: what a year.

Angulo played as starter in his return after the injury, played very well and provoked a sending off.

And Bordas played as starter and did well but he missed a clear goal chance. Anyway, his team won in Murcia.

BTW, there are rumours that Unai Expósito could return to Athletic this summer.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Igor Angulo scored yesterday in Nàstic´s draw (3-3) in Elche. Another formed in Lezama as David Cuéllar scored for Nàstic too.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Any news lately about the players on loan? I was thinking of writing an article about the Athletic players on loan for a Swedish Athletic fanpage where I write every now and then. It would be nice to get an update from you friendly people in Euskadi. :)

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven´t watched Segunda games lately so can´t comment much more than what I´ve said in this thread, I can make a kind of resume though.

Javi Tarantino: A positive surprise since he wasn´t playing in Segunda B (someday I´ll open a thread about what a mess Murua has done with Bilbao Athletic in the last years.:eek: ) and now he´s a starter in Primera. Untouchable for Máximo Hernández (although I´ve just seen he hasn´t played today, don´t know why). He plays as left back when he uses a defense of 4 or as left CB when he uses a defense of 5. Very well in defense, a bit limited in attack but he´s done well offensively when I´ve seen him. Deserves to make the preseason and will probably stay since he can play in the center and the left, and we really need a tall CB. Thank God Numancia´s scouts were there to save him from the mediocrity he would have lived with Murua and show he´s a Primera player.

Gorka Azkorra: He´s playing a good bunch of minutes, signal that the coach is happy with him but I honestly thought he was going to have a greater impact in Segunda. I like his football and think he can have future in Athletic but he probably needs one more year loaned, if Urzaiz renews and with Llorente there isn´t place for him right now. Even more if we sign another attacker as some rumours say (Mario Bermejo, Joseba Llorente or Aduriz).

Jaio: I think he continues injured and I´m not sure if he´s loaned or we have a signing option on him. Anyway, he´s the captain of Ferrol and a decent player, but technically limited for Primera. But he´s defender and tall, so could have a chance.

Escalona: :(

Igor Angulo: He plays the second halves or as starter when Ania doesn´t play. Someone should ask Nástic coach why he "signed" Angulo having such a good winger as Iván Ania. Anyway, that´s not excuse since Igor has class enough to be starter in Nástic even injured but.... we all know him.. Anyway, I´ve liked him a lot the games I´ve seen him on TV, so at least for me it´s hard to understand how a player of his class can be in the bench. As happened to him in Athletic with Valverde, Igor seems to be one of those players liked by the fans but disliked by the coaches. He better centers because this summer he´ll have the oportunity of his live of becoming important for Athletic if Ezquerro finally leaves. I hope Igor doesn´t turn out to be another great talent wasted for a crazy head.

Endika Bordas: Untouchable starter in Terrasa, not that his team is doing well. I already knew he was a very good player for Segunda, they love these hard players. A bit too hard for my taste, it´s always a risk having him as starter, you can end with 10. I´ve already talked about that friendly where he injured 3 Celta players.:doh: Anyway, good player for Segunda and probably decent player to play the last 20 minutes in Primera when you´re winning, I think he can improve though, but with other loan.

More or less, can´t add much more, hope it helps.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Txupa said:
Javi Tarantino: A positive surprise since he wasn´t playing in Segunda B (someday I´ll open a thread about what a mess Murua has done with Bilbao Athletic in the last years.:eek: ) and now he´s a starter in Primera. Untouchable for Máximo Hernández (although I´ve just seen he hasn´t played today, don´t know why).
Because Máximo Hernández has said that as the team is almost relegated he will play since now with the players who will stay sure in Numancia the next season, in order to prepare the group wich will fight for comming back to 1st division.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So Javi isn´t going to play again this season? I can understand it until a certain point but... damn Max!!:mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts