12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Hapoel Acco
Venue: Bloomfield Stadium
Date: Saturday, March 4th 2006, 18:00 local time
Competition: State Cup, 1/8 final

Maccabi Tel Aviv league rank: 5th place, 33 points
Hapoel Acco league rank: 5th place ( Liga Leumit) 32 points

Maccabi comes from a comfortable 3-0 win over Liga Artzit team Bnei Lod and are depositing all their hope in the state cup to save the season and consequently reach the Uefa Cup. There is a bit of pressure in Maccabi in every way, the fans are demanding better results and Loni is receiving pressure to sell the club. Caanen still hasn´t been granted his new contract that was supose to be anounced yesterday.

For the match aginst Acco Maccabi will be without its three galcticos, Avi Nimni (injured) Giovanni Rosso (injured) and Eyal Berkovic(suspended)
but will have the return of Elvin Beqiri. Caanen observed Hapoel Acco and said it will be tough match and has observed two or three players with good quality in Acco among them striker Rafi Cohen in which the Maccabi defense will have to observe with care.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ags said:
I expect Maccabi to win, but it will be close.
Acco is a dangerous team and will play in couter attacks, Maccabi should be cautious on that, but they can´t forget they are simply the most prized team in Israel and that they have more technique then Acco and will play at home.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
I'm affraid it's our last chance for making Europe in next season :scared: GO ON MACCABI !!!

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Poland-Cement said:
I'm affraid it's our last chance for making Europe in next season :scared: GO ON MACCABI !!!
It certainly is. In the league it will be very difficult to reach a Uefa Cup spot, we need to win almost everything and cheer for other oponents to slip a few games.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
This is not a joke:

Maccabi Tel Aviv 0 Acco 2 (Nimba 11, Levit 13).

WTF??? I mean OK Beitar lost to Hakoach but I can't believe Maccabi is letting this game slip. I'm pretty sure they can still come back into this.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Oh my.

I don't even want to write that final score.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Raanan said:
Oh my.

I don't even want to write that final score.
Well Raanan, you were nice in not writing the final score, but we need to say it. Maccabi Tel Aviv 0-4 Hapoel Acco.

Maccabi Tel Aviv lost not only the match, but its self respect. I could say Caanen could have some guilt in this, but it doesn´t matter which coach is there the players aren´t good enough and they don´t play with will.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
There is no way in hell Caanen will keep working with Maccabi after this result. Fair to him or not, he knew what he was coming to, and the bottom line is that there is no excuse on earth for this disgrace, I symphatize with Maccabi Tel Aviv and its fans completely. Actually Caanen was supposed to recieve a confirmation regarding his contract extension not later then March 1st and it didn't happen. I don't think that Yesterday's result will fasten this move...

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Raanan said:
There is no way in hell Caanen will keep working with Maccabi after this result. Fair to him or not, he knew what he was coming to, and the bottom line is that there is no excuse on earth for this disgrace, I symphatize with Maccabi Tel Aviv and its fans completely. Actually Caanen was supposed to recieve a confirmation regarding his contract extension not later then March 1st and it didn't happen. I don't think that Yesterday's result will fasten this move...
Yeah this result hurt badly his chances to stay at the club since it was a key objective to win the cup and save the season. I don´t blame him 100% for the result, but still it is not good for him.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Caantje said:
What, in u're oppinioun would have been the best thing to do ??
(newbee)
First of all welcome Caantje. :)
I´m from the personal opinion that Caanen needs to stay, despite the bad result. I mean he is a good coach and he got a team broken apart so people can´t blame him for what is happening at Maccabi Tel Aviv. I think he was a bit in pressure because of the possible purchase of Maccabi and the anouncement of his new contract.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Can't belive it :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: NOW ALSO THIS SEASON IS LOST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks Berko for giving me some info regarding my nephew Ton, also thanks to Ranaan who has given me a fair answer.

Let me introduce, i am Danny Caanen, a nephew as i said and i'm just curious how Ton is doing over there. I read so many good things about him.
Wished i could see some of the matches, i only have to believe what i read.

But anyway this forum is being a good help, tanx
I'll stick around as long as Ton stays in Israel :p

Greetings,
Caantje

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Caantje said:
Hi all,

Thanks Berko for giving me some info regarding my nephew Ton, also thanks to Ranaan who has given me a fair answer.

Let me introduce, i am Danny Caanen, a nephew as i said and i'm just curious how Ton is doing over there. I read so many good things about him.
Wished i could see some of the matches, i only have to believe what i read.

But anyway this forum is being a good help, tanx
I'll stick around as long as Ton stays in Israel :p

Greetings,
Caantje
Very nice having you here, hope you have a good time in our forum and we will try to update you about Maccabi Tel Aviv and Ton.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts