Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the begginning of Israeli football this used to be a big game, but today Maccabi Tel Aviv only team in Ligat Ha'Al who hasn't tasted second divison will play traditional Beitar/Shimshon Tel Aviv ( who is actually a recent fusion between Beitar Tel Aviv and Shimshon Tel Aviv) a game valid for the 9th round of the State Cup. Beitar Shimshon is currently in sixth place of Liga Artzit ( third division) nine poitns from promotion zone.
Maccabi is focused on its survival in the league and won't give much importance to the State cup even though winning the cup would save the season for the the club and give even an european spot for next season.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
ooo Cinderella we have here :) what a game. A real derby that was long missed in Tel Aviv. I mean..... i think Shimshon was in the top spots in the 90's, but they went down horribly....

This game only gives Kappa some appetitite to unleash his 5th or 6th annual Kappa's infamous yes famous March Maddness :D

Liga Leumit and Arzit promotion at its finest :D

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the type of competiton that is very difficult to predict. In one good day a small team could surprise and win and we have seen this time after time.
I wouldn´t be surprised if Maccabi loses today.
Beitar Tel Aviv and Shimshon Tel Aviv made a fusion. Currently they are on Liga Artzit. Both were very traditional, especially Beitar Tel Aviv, who until mid 90´s were in top flight, if i´m not mistaken in season 96/97 they were relegated.

Regarding today´s game, we already have 65 minutes and a goaless draw. Beitar Tel Aviv had good opportunities to score, but didn´t capitalized it.
Game is being played at Shkunat ha Tikva.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
The infamous Shkunat Ha Tikva :D

What happens if they tie?

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kappa21 said:
The infamous Shkunat Ha Tikva :D

What happens if they tie?
Well they would tie and the game would head to penalty kicks, but on the 120th minute with a goal from Adam Mizrahi Beitar/Shimshon Tel Aviv managed to make the first big impact as they defeated Maccabi Tel Aviv 1-0 at Shkunat ha Tikva.
Maccabi played terribly and this will cost Nir Levin any hope of contuning next season.

This was the shame season with historical defeats to Santa Coloma in Uefa Cup and a early exit from the State Cup losing to a Liga Artzit side.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
UNHEARD OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This team is amatures and youth grown players......

i wouldnt be damned, shimshon is a team that gave birth to good names...Balili for one...
SHIT!!!!!!!!

Maccabi Tel Aviv had a chance to do something with the season to secure next,but i guess they are going to pack things up...

CINDERALLA TEL AVIV!! :) WE WANT YOU IN EUROPE!!!!!!!
FINSIH OFF HAIFA :crazy:

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Any photos of the game? i wanna see Beitar/Shimshon Jersey

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In ONE, ynet, maariv they have the pictures, this will be in the news until the end of the season:D

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kappa21 said:
UNHEARD OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This team is amatures and youth grown players......

i wouldnt be damned, shimshon is a team that gave birth to good names...Balili for one...
SHIT!!!!!!!!

Maccabi Tel Aviv had a chance to do something with the season to secure next,but i guess they are going to pack things up...

CINDERALLA TEL AVIV!! :) WE WANT YOU IN EUROPE!!!!!!!
FINSIH OFF HAIFA :crazy:

They had some players that played in big teams in Israel like Ofer Shitrit for example.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts