• Cesar

Votes: 10 26.3%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola Madridstas, I am back :)

Seems things remain to be quiet here, with the WC and the off season, so we need to spice things up a little as we sit and wait for any transfer talk to come true or not. It seems we might be losing more players then gaining this summer!

So i thought to start a new poll series so we can discuss who should be our starters for next year ! :happy:

I know this could change alot depending on who stays, who comes and which formation, but doesn't mean we can't have some good discussions in general about our line-up prospects for next year, right? ;)

So lets base this on the 4-4-2 diamond formation we closed out the year with (and yes, for the record, i still don't think thats a good formation for us). Each poll will be about a certain position, vote and discuss which player you would prefer to see start for us as the season approaches!

The first is the common debate, again, about the golie situation. Fan-fave Iker redeemed himself by putting an amazing display off the bench in the CL final, and excellent performances as Spain's golie in the WC.

However, Cesar finished the season as our number 1 and put in some very solid performances of his own, especially in the CL querter finals and semi finals.

Who should it be for you? Vote AND comment please! Lets get our forum season rolling! :cool:

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
I voted Iker

first of all........WELCOME BACK LESTATE!

I think the perfect solution to our keeper problem is having a rotation system, I think Cesar should play in our Liga games and have Iker play in the Copa Del Rey, UEFA, and any other non Liga matches.

however, you asked a straight direct question and I choose Iker based on age and that he will be the long term solution! He has shown a flair for the big stage and I think that has boosted the young keepers confidence. The number one is his it's just a matter of time.

Hail the boy king
Hail Iker

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
has to be Iker.I really dont like the idea of rotaing, because I think the goalie position really requires some stability.

I know Iker being number 1 is just a matter of time, but I think why delay the process?I dont really see Cesar as a better keeper, so why play him?

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Iker's shot stopping abilities is second to none but his crosses are a bit worrying but hell he's one amazing goalie.

Hala el grande Iker !

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx Che :cool:

I do agree with Merengue though, the golie is the one position im against any kind of rotation. Golies need to keep on playing to keep their form and gain experience.

and I agree that Iker is the man we should back starting from next season. Hala Iker! :)

·
Registered
672 Posts
I voted for Iker, but i honestly think that Real Madrid needs little rotating also. But the keeper which is playing better at the moment, should play.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i also voted for iker....
but i have a question, some people said that iker didn't play for madrid because he made a mistake in cl (elbers's goal), is it true ??

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
el_moro said:
i also voted for iker....
but i have a question, some people said that iker didn't play for madrid because he made a mistake in cl (elbers's goal), is it true ??
Nope, not true. Iker still started last season and played many games. He had a very rocky period (conceding that 90th minute Acuna goal was the worst memory i have for Iker :eek: ), and Del Bosque decided to give Cesar a go.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I'd say with new players incorporating, Iker didn't not seems to be relaxed enough so maybe Cesar's experience might help.. Maybe after a few months and the first team has more or less stable down, Iker can then take over.. a periodic rotation would be good and appease both keepers..

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
I agree with Cliff, no ongoing rotation but something to keep both keepers happy as well as on their toes... a bit of competition never hurt anyone. :)

Iker is the future.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't believe in a rotation system for goalkeepers. I think its better to replace the goalkeeper when they're either injured, suspended, or something like that. Anyway, I think Cesar should start the season, and be duly replaced if he starts letting in easy goals. Hoseman's right, competition won't hurt anyone. ;)

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Sakura, we all knew the result of replacing goalkeepers when the playing one is missing out of those reasons (think Illgner).
Let's not repeat the mistakes again: a goalkeeper which had some matches is better than another who had none. What if he gets butterflies in the stomach? You're not going to throw a goalkeeper into a lions' den like Barca-Real match!! :D

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Cesar. I like'm both, but somehow I still want Cesar to be given the chance. Iker is just so hopeless on crosses, it makes no point playing him, until he gains some kind of experience in that area.

And experience is not gained by playing for the first 11 of Real.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I voted for iker. he had very promising performances for spain during the WC. And he was magnificent during the ch. league final against bayer. Plus his the future of real might as well let him become the present.:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts