Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tattooed Fußball Fan
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the beginning of a life journey for me. I follow various European leagues but I have been so interested with Brazil especially with all the various players I have seen on the National team over the years. I just never had the internet or the tv access to the club matches.

I am learning most about Brazilian football in general now but I will be learning as much as I can about the various club's histories. The whole 2 seasons a year is confusing enough so this will take a while.

I come from Detroit and cleveland originally where we are used to losing in the most agonizing fashion so I definitely don't fit the bandwagon mode.

I do know I prefer a club that enjoys to play attacking style football. Players might come and go. Coaches might come and go. Somehow they continue to play that type of football.

I also like it when a club has a good youth academy system where they can at least help themselves out a little bit by providing themselves with their own players rather than always going out and having to buy players.

I know that starting off, I will focus on watching and reading about Corinthians, Flamengo, Santos, Internacional, Sao Paulo, and any other suggestions.

I definitely don't look specifically for success but I know that I will most likely be pulled towards one of the various clubs mentioned in this thread mainly as they will be the ones most often on the 2 tv channels that televise matches from Brazil over here.

I do agree that I don't make quick decisions so as I enter my first full year watching I know a club probably won't pick me right away but I definitely agree that it will be the club that will choose me rather than me it.

I definitely won't say I care if a club always stays up and never gets relegated as it sounds like that is impossible to predict. I do know it would be nice if a club stayed up as I don't know how easy it will be to watch Serie B matches. I think they only televise 2 or 3 matches a week on Gol tv and maybe 1 on ESPN Deportes.

Plus, I guess I get the extra luck of watching a few of the clubs playing in the Copa Libertadores.

Not all of us are lucky to live in any one local place but that doesn't mean someone could eventually be a very loyal lifelong supporter of a club. I just feel lucky through all of my traveling and getting to see clubs I follow in the various European leagues that I have met many awesome fellow local supporters that thought it was awesome that I have grown to be as dedicated as them even though I live thousands of miles away and were impressed that I might have to wake up at the brink of dawn to watch a match or might have to watch some very slow stream online. Win or lose, I am always there for a club I follow.

this thread will hopefully be helpful as a starting point!

If you have any good and bad points against various clubs, feel free to be your club's politician to lean me one way or another although it will be the club that will choose me. :)

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Any decision you make should definitely include you reading the book Futebol: The Brazilian Way Of Life by Alex Bellos because you should be up on the history of the club you want to follow and support as well as it's present position.

Should be just as important to have an affinity with that as what the team is now.

Then find a balance between the two, past and present that suits your tastes.

·
Tattooed Fußball Fan
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any decision you make should definitely include you reading the book Futebol: The Brazilian Way Of Life by Alex Bellos because you should be up on the history of the club you want to follow and support as well as it's present position.

Should be just as important to have an affinity with that as what the team is now.

Then find a balance between the two, past and present that suits your tastes.

Oh definitely, I will be checking it out and yes I do agree that a club's history is very important to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts