Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
I seriously don't know. Pancu and maybe Danciulescu or whoever is on high form at the time. Ganea might be back by March actually aswell. He is a good player.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Raven said:
I seriously don't know. Pancu and maybe Danciulescu or whoever is on high form at the time. Ganea might be back by March actually aswell. He is a good player.
Yeah that's true, in the end it matters who is the most in form at the time.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Raven said:
Ganea might be back by March actually aswell. He is a good player.
I hope not, Ganea is only good at getting tired...

I am not sure, maybe D. Niculaie and Pancu (we have serious problems in our offence line :( )
is Bratu doing well at Nates?

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
What is Keseru doing recently? Has he played any games for Nantes?
Marica hasn't shown anything in the matches he's played. For now D. Nicuale deserves a shot and maybe Danciulescu next to him. That's a preety week forward line though with two guys that can frustrate you to hell if their not on form especially Danciu but it's preety much the ebst we can do at the moment.

·
Registered
366 Posts
alex_3 said:
Not really. Mostly he isn't playing.
But i'm glad that there's somebody else that has thrust in D. Niculae. I think he is the best finishing striker we have. But it is a risk to put him in the starting line in the game with Holland while he doesn't really has international experience.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
badanis said:
Flopety flop flop flop. :jester:

Marica hasn't shown anything in the matches he's played. For now D. Nicuale deserves a shot and maybe Danciulescu next to him. That's a preety week forward line though with two guys that can frustrate you to hell if their not on form especially Danciu but it's preety much the ebst we can do at the moment.
Yes. Even when Marica was on form, all his goals were accidental.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
alex_3 said:
Funny you should ask.

Bratu a decepţionat la FC Nantes
Atacantul român Florin Bratu a fost nominalizat printre jucătorii care au avut evoluţii decepţionante în prima parte a sezonului 2004 - 2005 al campionatului Franţei, informează site-ul football365.fr. Sursa citată notează că "jucătorii achiziţionaţi din străinătate au eşuat în încercarea lor de a se impune la Nantes". "Sud-americanii Viveros şi Caceres sînt departe de a-i face uitaţi pe Armand şi Yepes în inimile suporterilor şi sînt una dintre cele mai mari deziluzii ale turului, la fel ca atacantul român Bratu, care este departe de eficacitatea compatriotului său, Viorel Moldovan". În turul campionatului, Bratu a evoluat în zece meciuri, dintre care în şapte ca titular, şi a înscris doar două goluri.

:jester: Floppy flop.

·
Registered
367 Posts
TonyYayo187 said:
Not really. Mostly he isn't playing.
But i'm glad that there's somebody else that has thrust in D. Niculae. I think he is the best finishing striker we have. But it is a risk to put him in the starting line in the game with Holland while he doesn't really has international experience.
Niculae is not that good in the air though, no?
I wish we had attackers who are good in the air because it's seems like the best way to score these days

·
Registered
366 Posts
alex_3 said:
Niculae is not that good in the air though, no?
I wish we had attackers who are good in the air because it's seems like the best way to score these days
I've seen him scoring headers also. But for example M. Niculae is better with heading.

·
Registered
366 Posts
badanis said:

Marica didn't show anything at the NT because the whole NT was doing bad. But yeah he isn't a finisher but he's very fast, very technical and can create a lot of danger upfront. He played against Barca a great game and was the nightmare of Puyol and others. Rijkaard praised him afterwards and the Spanish press also. One newspaper even compared him to Ronaldo, well now that's going way too far but it says enough. He is a very hot prospect. A whole other caliber then Danciulescu. And they should always choose a young talent above an average player. I know that Marica hasn't shown anything in the NT yet but Danciulescu didn't also. So in that case i choose Marica who can become classes beter then Danciulescu, an average good divizia a player who was chosen as Romanian player of the year, because of Mutu's situation that he isn't playing, Chivu's injury and actually Neaga should be chosen as Romanian player of the year in the first place. Also in the NT i would prefer Neaga above Danciulescu. Neaga played fairly good in the NT until now, but like i said when the whole team is doing bad then it's hard to show yourself so you couldn't expect some players to shine in the conditions of the qualification until now. But players like Danciulescu should never be selected. In Holland for example when some players are injured they rather go for a young promising player then selecting an average older player who is as good as the youngster at the moment but much less in potential then the talented youngster. And that should be the case at the NT also. So if it's up to me I will never see Danciulescu in the NT again..

·
Registered
366 Posts
Raven said:
Flopety flop flop flop. :jester:
I don't agree with that about Keseru. He played some minutes and they were pleased with his performance. So you cannot call that a Flopety flop flop flop...
By the way he just turned 18. What do you expect from him. His time will come but offcourse not now. He is too young and he hasn't played much on the highest level so he isn't ready for it...yet. He is the kind of striker we miss. He has a good shot(but there are more with that in Romania) but most off all he is a real finisher.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
TonyYayo187 said:
By the way he just turned 18. What do you expect from him. His time will come but offcourse not now. He is too young and he hasn't played much on the highest level so he isn't ready for it...yet. He is the kind of striker we miss. He has a good shot(but there are more with that in Romania) but most off all he is a real finisher.
When Wayne Rooney was 18 he scored 4 goals in a major international tournament and was signed for £30 million by one of the best teams in the world.
When Cristiano Ronaldo was 18 he was also signed by that same team.
When Valeri Bojinov was 18 he was scoring in Serie A like there is no tomorrow.

Claudiu Keserü put a couple of goals in at an under-12s tournament and all of a sudden he is such a great finisher. For the last 2 years he has done nothing. Until he starts playing he is not even an option for the under 21s.

So in that case i choose Marica who can become classes beter then Danciulescu, an average divizia a player who was chosen as Romanian player of the year, because of Mutu's situation that he isn't playing, Chivu's injury and actually Neaga should be chosen as Romanian player of the year in the first place.
You have a point but I think Danciulescu is better now than Marica. If they were more the same, I would also pick the young one but Danciulescu is too far better IMO. By better, I don't mean he is actually good, he just misses less chances and does a bit more. You see more Danciulescu in the game. (talking on European standard not Divizia A vs. CL) :) I agree about Neaga as player of the year, but I don't want him in the national team because he has played poorly for Romania.

I've seen him scoring headers also. But for example M. Niculae is better with heading.
People say Daniel Niculae is good at heading but on international standard he is avarage. He is just a little taller than most Divizia A players, but he isn't tall.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Raven said:
Claudiu Keserü put a couple of goals in at an under-12s tournament and all of a sudden he is such a great finisher. For the last 2 years he has done nothing. Until he starts playing he is not even an option for the under 21s.
I don't think that a couple off goals in an under12 tournament is all he did. The fact that he's a good finisher isn't based on that. It's based on what there's known from him in all his footballing time until now. That is his specific quality, finishing. Nothing more nothing less. And comparing him with Cristiano Ronaldo or Rooney, the conditions in Romania are bad for the progress of the youth players so all Romanian youth players are behind in progress compared to most european players. So they cannot shine on the same age as others. And Bojinov was 16 or 15 years old when he came at Lecce. When Keseru came at Nantes he was even a little bit fat. With Chivu when he came to Ajax the same thing. And Mitea also said it all the conditions are bad. They don't have proper balls, shoes, fields and the mentality is bad and the players often take that with them. But offcourse he is not an option for the NT. That could be after a couple off years. He is young so it's too early to say that he's nothing. By the way he wasn't selected for under21 last games because he was injured but normally he is selected.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Raven said:
People say Daniel Niculae is good at heading but on international standard he is avarage. He is just a little taller than most Divizia A players, but he isn't tall.
Yeah no doubt about that. He isn't real long but long for Romanian standards :).
But in the end he is the best with heading from our strikers. We have other players that can head also but they are too small. On international level where they deal with more long guys they can't even get the chance to head. But D. Niculae has more chance because off his length. Heading is not the strongest quality from Romanian players that's fore sure. On international level then. You see a lot of headers in Divizia A but again we Romanians are small people compared to most countries. BUT the longest guy in the world (i don't know if he's still living or somebody else became longer) was and maybe still is a Romanian. You see him in the video from Eminem-What's my name, the guy with the puppet. Now that's some hilarious shit, on average we Romanians are real small people but the longest guy is a Romanian.

·
Registered
367 Posts
TonyYayo187 said:
on average we Romanians are real small people but the longest guy is a Romanian.
I don't think we are "small people" (well maybe some old people) the avg is still over 177 I think, but it's weird most of our players are short for football players.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
TonyYayo187 said:
BUT the longest guy in the world (i don't know if he's still living or somebody else became longer) was and maybe still is a Romanian. You see him in the video from Eminem-What's my name, the guy with the puppet. Now that's some hilarious shit, on average we Romanians are real small people but the longest guy is a Romanian.
Hmmm... I think you're wrong. Big Ghitza Muresan is 7' 7" tall - about 2m 30cm. The tallest man in history was Robert Wadlow - 8' 11''. The tallest man alive (Guiness Book) is Radhouane Charbib -> 2 m 35.9 cm (7' 8.9"). According to press reports, the real thing would be Leonid Stadnik from Ukraine - 8' 4" = 2m 55cm. So there you go - the tallest man in the world is not a Romanian. :nono:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
TonyYayo187 said:
I don't think that a couple off goals in an under12 tournament is all he did. The fact that he's a good finisher isn't based on that. It's based on what there's known from him in all his footballing time until now. That is his specific quality, finishing. Nothing more nothing less. And comparing him with Cristiano Ronaldo or Rooney, the conditions in Romania are bad for the progress of the youth players so all Romanian youth players are behind in progress compared to most european players. So they cannot shine on the same age as others. And Bojinov was 16 or 15 years old when he came at Lecce. When Keseru came at Nantes he was even a little bit fat.
That is a funny excuse because he was already meant to be the next best thing before he moved to Nantes and nobody gave any doubts. Now when we look back 2 years ago "he was a little bit fat," maybe in 2 years from now when he still hasn't done anything we will give another excuse.

Keserü was 16 when he moved to Nantes, Bojinov was 15 when he moved to Lecce. Big shit.

·
Registered
366 Posts
_Edgar_ said:
Hmmm... I think you're wrong. Big Ghitza Muresan is 7' 7" tall - about 2m 30cm. The tallest man in history was Robert Wadlow - 8' 11''. The tallest man alive (Guiness Book) is Radhouane Charbib -> 2 m 35.9 cm (7' 8.9"). According to press reports, the real thing would be Leonid Stadnik from Ukraine - 8' 4" = 2m 55cm. So there you go - the tallest man in the world is not a Romanian. :nono:
Yeah i knew that it could be that he isn't the tallest anymore but he WAS the tallest man alive for sure. I've seen it on tv once. Not the tallest in history but at a moment the tallest of the world.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts