Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toldo ready to repay Inter
Thursday 9 April, 2009
Inter goalkeeper Francesco Toldo is ready to fill in for Julio Cesar this weekend and is still enjoying his two-year contract renewal.

Julio Cesar picked up a knock during Inter's 1-0 win over Udinese last weekend and Toldo had to take the gloves.

Although the Brazilian star has made a swift recovery, 37-year-old Toldo may be called upon against Palermo.

“I will be very happy if I get to play on Saturday,” Toldo told Sportmediaset.

“Thanks to director Marco Branca I will be here for two more years - I said to put me down for one but he made it two!

“Jokes aside, I want to repay their faith and I appreciate their gratitude for what I have done.

“I have no regrets that I will be spending the last years of my career here. I chose to put the team before any personal issues.”

Agent: Adri's staying in Brazil
Thursday 9 April, 2009
Troubled Inter hitman Adriano won't be returning to Italy for the time being, the player's agent has revealed.

The marksman went AWOL after Brazil's World Cup 2010 qualifier against Peru but was found alive and well at his mother's house in Rio de Janeiro.

However, Adri seems to have no intention of coming back to the Nerazzurri fold for the time being.

“Adriano and myself are in Brazil,” agent Gilmar Rinaldi told Brazilian website Globo Esporte.

“I will be going to Italy on Monday to discuss Adriano's future, but he will be staying here.

“It's obvious that I can't make any predictions, but I will just say that Adriano is under contract until halfway through next year.”

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
I was thinking the same...

Toldo is such a great professional! And well yeah, Adriano isn't :eek:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not my job to worry about that and neither is it yours.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts

·
Registered
23,831 Posts
does this really deserve its own thread?
Yes, yes it does...

Toldo contributions during the battle at the Mestalla (the fist fight, not the amazing performance in the UEFA-cup 2002) is worth at least one new thread per week until he retires.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
toldo is a true professional...never complain about not to start...and indeed, he is still good enough to be a starter because he is still a reliable keeper... :thumbsup::proud:

although it was nearly 9 years ago, but still can not forget his outstanding performance during the 2000 euro...

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Congrats Inter for giving Toldo one of the best keepers I've ever seen a two year deal,I'm sure he'll repay the faith shown in him.

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
Forza Toldo!!!

Gilmar Rinaldi said:
I will be going to Italy on Monday to discuss Adriano's future, but he will be staying here.
This is the last straw. Sending your agent shows that you are nothing but a common whore. Go back to your favela, do as much crack as you want but never set foot near this football club again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts