Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a bashing thread about Stankonia. But 1 of my problems with him is that I think Mancini favor´s him. To some point I can see why Mancini favor´s him, because he knows him very well having played with him for a couple of season´s . Stankovic was suspended for two games And Kily replaced him, but as soon as Stankovic was ready again Mancini played Stankovic instead of Kily again :frustrat:. I really like Kily and Solari. people describe Solari as a flop but I´m sure that they wouldn´t say that about Kily or Solari if they got the same playing time as Stankovic.

What do my fellow Inter fans think :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,841 Posts
It's simple, really.

Stinkovic is Mancini's girlfriend. They've obviously been dating for a while since Mancini always opts for Stinko. When he played last season, it was as if we were a man down. Actually, it's been like that quite a lot this season as well!

And people say Recoba's inconsistent!

And N4L can call CZ a 'potato sack' when CZ was a huge factor in our successful finish last season and was incredible in our Italian Cup victory. But Stinkovic is spared all criticism. :howler: If CZ is a potato sack, Stinkovic has been Mr Potato Head, albeit not quite as effective a football player as he is. ;)

Doesn't matter though since Stinkovic will invariably get the nod from the one he calls "Daddy".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,384 Posts
I don't think great of Stankovic either. He disappears way too often . . . to places where only Mancio can see him.

I want Solari given more chances, before people start calling him a flop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Firdaus said:
It's simple, really.

Stinkovic is Mancini's girlfriend. They've obviously been dating for a while since Mancini always opts for Stinko. When he played last season, it was as if we were a man down. Actually, it's been like that quite a lot this season as well!

And people say Recoba's inconsistent!

And N4L can call CZ a 'potato sack' when CZ was a huge factor in our successful finish last season and was incredible in our Italian Cup victory. But Stinkovic is spared all criticism. :howler: If CZ is a potato sack, Stinkovic has been Mr Potato Head, albeit not quite as effective a football player as he is. ;)

Doesn't matter though since Stinkovic will invariably get the nod from the one he calls "Daddy".
Great reply man, glad I´m not the only one who has these thoughts about Stankovic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rishabh16 said:
I don't think great of Stankovic either. He disappears way too often . . . to places where only Mancio can see him.

I want Solari given more chances, before people start calling him a flop.
Totally right, Solari has even played right wing, pretty good in fact I guess the only one who wanted Solari was Moratti not Mancini
 

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Joined
·
45,797 Posts
Stankovic plain sucks. He's awful. He's god awful. He's ugly and uncoordinated. How the hell is he a football player?
 

·
♣ ♠ ♣ ♠ ♣ ♠ &#
Joined
·
4,315 Posts
Stankovic is a great player with a lot of experience,
He can play on any position
He recently scored for Inter Milan against Ajax, didn't he
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
why shut up, you only say that because your from the same country....

...anyway, but I like Stankovic if he´s played in right position...pure offensive role with minimum defensive responsibility, there he is great,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,841 Posts
baboti said:
why shut up, you only say that because your from the same country....

...anyway, but I like Stankovic if he´s played in right position...pure offensive role with minimum defensive responsibility, there he is great,
Like he did in the first half against Ajax?

Anyway, when the hell has he been given anything BUT minimum defensive responsibility at Inter? If he has, no one would be able to tell.
 

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Joined
·
45,797 Posts
I just know he is bad b/c there are too many times when I see him shoot a shot widely over the bar in the first ten minutes...then around minute 89 I see him on the sideline just hustling and puffing and huffing and puffing some more and I realize damn, I believe Stankovic was on our team for the whole game...didn't realize that!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Firdaus said:
Like he did in the first half against Ajax?

Anyway, when the hell has he been given anything BUT minimum defensive responsibility at Inter? If he has, no one would be able to tell.
only if this "no one" is you...you can´t see him defending hard, probably it´s your own fault...you didn´t see the game against Porto or whatever dumbfucc team it was? when Quaresma or someone pushed forward on the defensive right side and Figo couldn´t cope with the defence so Mancini had to switch sides with Stan so he could take care of the defence.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,624 Posts
I've been saying it for years and everybody laughed at me.

Wish I could find that particular post I made last season where I said in a year's time, everyone will realize what an incredibly overrated and lucky player he is.
 

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Joined
·
45,797 Posts
I believe this debate might get incredibly one-sided if a certain Egyptian Interista doesn't show up soon ;)

I have to agree with baboti..he is given defensive responsibility at Inter....greatly......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,841 Posts
baboti said:
only if this "no one" is you...you can´t see him defending hard, probably it´s your own fault...you didn´t see the game against Porto or whatever dumbfucc team it was? when Quaresma or someone pushed forward on the defensive right side and Figo couldn´t cope with the defence so Mancini had to switch sides with Stan so he could take care of the defence.
What a riot. You must be reliable when you can't even remember what match it was or who was playing. It certainly wasn't against Porto. Since Stinkovic wasn't even playing! But maybe that was the point, eh?

Dejan hardly contributes defensively even if he could. That's part of the reason why he was invisible last season and why, just recently, Pizarro was called in to control the match and distribute the ball since Stinko kept losing the ball against Ajax. And why Stinko was moved to the flank where he would cause less damage to us defensively.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
you don´t know wth the purpose was, it was some f example who cares what team it was against...and he sure does contribute defensively or why do you think that sucker Favalli has managed so well this year...cause Stankovic covers the spaces so well that hardly anyone gets one-on-one with Favalli. defence isn´t only about being a show monkey like Cordoba..a sound silent defence and covering spaces is much more important.
 

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
Joined
·
31,893 Posts
I see Stankovic as a Brilliant Player being Under-Utilized... not that he is shit or anything.

Mancini likes to play his sort of 442 with a offensive winger on one end.. and the other end.. a Tactical Guy, to attempt Scoring and to Create. A sort of Nedved type in Capello's lineup ( look now, i m not comparing, just trying to give an easy example :D)

Stankovic was used as a sort of Utlity on both wings and in the Centre. Veron, also played on the wings last season with CZ-Cambi Center. Perhaps Mancini see's some usefulness for him in that role.

I m actually pro kily, and I wish to see him play more. BUT I got to say Stankovic is one hell of a player... in the Center. So to trash him like that is not quite justified. Thats only my opinion. That said, it also DID NOT mean I agree with Mancini 100%.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,841 Posts
baboti said:
you don´t know wth the purpose was, it was some f example who cares what team it was against...and he sure does contribute defensively or why do you think that sucker Favalli has managed so well this year...cause Stankovic covers the spaces so well that hardly anyone gets one-on-one with Favalli.
I thought most people were impressed with the link-up between Kily and Favalli. But I guess I should take the word of someone who can't even remember the match he's thinking about. Quaresma indeed. :howler:

defence isn´t only about being a show monkey like Cordoba..a sound silent defence and covering spaces is much more important.
Show monkey? Where do you come up with your crap? Go on and explain why every coach since Lippi has played him consistently where other players have left. Nice attempt at being controversial but you're clearly running out of ideas. :howler:

As for the "silent" bit, if that means no defence at all, then Stankovic certainly has THAT covered. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,841 Posts
Anyway, baboti - you may now return to bitching and whining about matters you have absolutely no clue about or can't even remember.

As you were, troll.
 

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
Joined
·
4,108 Posts
:star: Stankovic is class. :star:

Great shot, can use both feet, and his passing is accurate, good crosses, can play almost any position and he is tacticlly aware . He's not flashy but he does what is required of him.

As someone mentioned his workhorse style and tactical awareness make life difficult for opposing wingers.

Everyone forget the derby? Stankovic and was switched to right-wing and along with Zanetti and gave Inter killer Serginho no space.

What about the the game against Ajax? Everyone blamed Stankovic in the first half where the WHOLE TEAM WERE ABSOLUTE SHITE. Adriano was garbage and people got mad becasue he got subbed where as Stankovic scored and helped get us back into the game with his play

Stankovic has nicked a few goals this season, set-up a goals and played right wing, left wing, centre-mid and striker. I don't know what more you can ask of a player.

edit - typo
 

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Joined
·
45,797 Posts
Let's just blame it on Mancio and call it a day.

Mancio can't utilize Adriano, can't utilize Oba, can't utilize solari, can't utilize Stankovic, can't utilize Pizarro..he's the problem.

Debate solved.
 
1 - 20 of 125 Posts
Top