Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lazio have again confirmed that Dejan Stankovic is set to join Inter. But they also insist that Jaap Stam is going nowhere.

Stankovic, who will be a free agent in the summer, has been hotly tipped to join the Nerazzurri and the capital outfit admit a January sale is a possibility.

"Talks are going on with regard to Stankovic," said President Ugo Longo. "I met with (Inter’s) Giacinto Facchetti today but we still have details to sort out.

"What are the chances of a move? It is hard to say for sure but Stankovic will probably join Inter."

Stankovic, who has also been linked with Juventus, is set to be sold for around £4m. Lazio may take Giovanni Pasquale on loan as part of the deal.

There have also been reports suggesting that the Nerazzurri could make a move for Stam before the end of this month.

Yet Longo maintains that the former Manchester United stopper is not on the market right now. "He won’t be leaving here until the summer," he said.

Stam, who has hinted that he would like a move to Inter, is also wanted by Milan and Juventus.

Roberto Mancini is happy with his players and his team is through to the semifinal of the Coppa Italia after today's game with Parma.

"I am happy because the players did their job very well," he said. "We should have scored the second goal but you can't always get what you want".

"I think that the best thing is that Cesar was on the pitch after a long time and he is getting close to his top form".

SA Italy

·
Registered
3 Posts
pFFFFFFFFFt! I actually thought that ever since lazio avoided bankrupcy we would be able to keep stankovic, but obvoiusly this aint the case... we're gonna sell one of our greatest young players for 4 million pounds only :eek:
BUT WAIT! thankfully we'r gona keep our youngest talent stam for another year where he can then leave for free :confused: i just cant see why lazio wont give stankovic what he wants and keep him...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts