Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to a Croatian media source, Parma is talking to Tottenham about the possibility of Stanic moving there.

I'm not a Parma fan, but I'd rather see my fellow Croat stay here, than go to Tottenham. I've gotten so used to him in a Parma shirt. :)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I really doubt that Parma will sell Stanic.Even if they dont mind him going they can very well use him as aprt exchange.But in my opinion,Stanic proved this year that he is a quality player and an importnt member of the team.Its a fact that he rarely starts but he doesnt mind sitting on the bench and wants to stay.Under thisa circumtances we will see Stanic at Parma for many years in my opinion.

IVO,you wanted Stanic to leave so he gets a starting role somewhere,no?

Besides,why would SuperMario agree on a move to Tottenham Hotsperm? moreover,they will never afford his wages...

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

·
Registered
42 Posts
As a Spurs supporter, I can all but guarantee this transfer will not go through. Over the years, Spurs have demonstrated the ability to screw up great deals like this. Stanic's pace and knack for the timely goal would fit perfectly in the Premiership. Yet, there's no way the Spurs management will see his worth.

--suffering spurs fan.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AMOROSO, yes I did want that before. But hey, he's happy at Parma, so why should I want him to leave then? I would like to see him play more, naturally since he's my countryman. But like I said, I'm so used to seeing him in the Parma uniform, I hope this is the place he gets to play.

I don't watch English football at all, so I wouldn't want to see him go there. :(

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
By the way IVO,is Stanic the best croatian player right now? Suker and Prosenecki are old,Asanovic and the whole defence past it,Maric a wasted talent...Rukavina and Tudor too young...Its between Boban and Stanic I feel,what do you think?

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Steve_in_LA´, if you're such a Spursfan then why aren't you posting at the tottenham forum? Get your L.A ass overthere! ;) ´

Stanic would be great, IF he is tired of Parma(tired of the bench ;) ) and is looking
for a new challenge. Otherwise I think he would find it rather hard adopting to the EPL and England.

Hard to know if its true, but Graham said that he is looking for players abroad so why not?

·
International
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AMOROSO, for me it's hard to say. Some of our youth players like Vranjes and Leko are looking really good. But you can't count them because as you said they're very young.

Simic is a canditate, he's still young, but old enough to be considered for this.

Boban is a great talent, but injured alot, and this season will be his last. It's hard to pick him as the best player because of his injury problems. His season ended early because of his latest injury.

Stanic seems like he can't be injured. The guy really is a beast. He isn't nearly as technically skilled as a Boban or Prosinecki, but he's a very good player who contributes a lot to the team, and is always playing hard.

Because of Boban's injuries and Prosinecki's lack of fitness, I'd give the nod to Stanic:)

On their best days, I'd definately say Prosinecki, followed closely by Boban. Suker has been a great striker, but IMHO, midfielders are far more important to the team.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts