1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- NEWS

Monday, April 15, 2002
Boksic, Stanic out for Croatia friendly

ZAGREB (Reuters) - Middlesbrough striker Alen Boksic and Chelsea midfielder Mario Stanic have been ruled out for Croatia's World Cup friendly against Bosnia due to injuries.
Instead, coach Mirko Jozic has called up uncapped Hajduk Split forward Ivan Bosnjak, state radio reported, after the pair picked up slight knocks in their respective FA Cup semi-finals on Sunday.

'We can't seem to escape from this ill fate of losing three or four standard players for each game, but this might be a chance for others to show they are proper contenders for a place in the squad,' Jozic said.

He had already last two-thirds of his back line, as injuries claimed Inter Milan's Dario Simic and Juventus central defender Igor Tudor.

Croatia play one more friendly, against Hungary in May, before travelling for Japan, where they face Italy, Mexico and Ecuador in group G.

soccernet.com

I'm getting annoyed with this.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Hmm

Bad news:(

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Why didn't Balaban get the call now...darn it.

I hope it's nothing serious

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
lets see... Suker, Vlaovic, Vugrinec, Rapaic, Olic... seems to me that they are plenty of possible Boksic replacement... I am glad Bosnjak was called instead of Balaban

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
you would be ;)

·
Registered
983 Posts
Another day another injury :(

Damn will we ever be able to field a full strength side.. the coaching staff must be frustated as hell.

H

·
0 Posts
Volim te Hrvatska!

Steta sto nece za-igrati Boka i Super-Mario, mislim da list reprezentivaca za Vatrene izgleda O.K. Ipak mislim da je Mirko Jozic napravio dobar korak, pozvao je dva mlade igrace iz Hajduka koji mogu pomoci sa znagom, i brzinom. Oba su igrali za mladu reprezentaciju U-21, i njima je cast zaigrati za Hrvatsku!

+

Pozdrav: Ljubuski i Omolje!!!
Vidimose u Monahan's Sport's Bar!
karlovacko pivo - IDEMO NA NOGOMET

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Dobrodosao Vitez,

nazalost, ili srecu kako kome, na ovim forumima bi se trebalo pisati iskljucivo na engleskom jeziku. Mozemo se pomalo popricati na hrvatskom, posebno kad se nekakvi izrazi nemogu objasniti na engleskom, ali engleski je sluzbeni.

Welcome to the forum anyways

You're right about the youngr guys getting a chance, Sablic and Bosnjak are great prospects, we'll have to see if they have room in the lineup against "bosnia"

Ero

·
©
7,230 Posts
One thing I do not understand about calling up Bosnjak is that he hasn't and almost certainly won't be in contention once the WC team is announced so why is he playing now? I am all for introducing young players but that should be done after the WC IMO. I am also for Balaban because I seriously think that he could be a great inclusion once the WC comes around and has already performed brilliantly for the NT. Remember the last WC when hardly anybody was playing for their clubs but after preperations they were in top form. Let's not be like Brasil and use so many players which then results in bad chemistry.

And no spwolf it is not because he is a Hajduk player.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I agree totally with what dinamo11 has said.. why play a player if he is not going to the WC.. wtf is the point???

These games r all about preparing for the WC not playing players who may have a future sometime down the track.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
The point is to reward his good form with a national call up, even if he sits on pine.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
and another thing you might forget is that Bosnjak was one of the best players in HNL last year, very young guy... everything that was said about balaban being given his chance, could be applied to Bosnjak, because this guy will be (hopefully for us) one of our main guys in the next WC...

Jozic already said he wont replace many players in BiH game (so its gonna be a real game), so calling balaban and not playing him and not calling him up for WC would be pointless... since he already has experience

·
Registered
983 Posts
Im all for the young guys getting as many runs as they can cause these r the players who will be their in 2006.

Im just looking at it from an upcoming WC point of view.. i think the timing is wrong thats all.

Just my 2c worth ;)

H

·
0 Posts
Igrati za Reprezentaciju!

Ovi mladi igracima treba biti cast sto igraju za reprezentaciju. Okolo nji su vrlo dobri i iskusni igraci ko moze nji pomoci u buducnost na igri i spremnosti! Obazavam kad vidim nase igrace kad stavu ruku na srce kada svira Hrvatska himna, prije sto pocinje utakmica, to meni kaze da je covijek ponosan i vrijedan igrati za svoju reprezentaciju.

For these young players who get a chance playing for Croatia, it should be an honor. Around them are great players with experience that can help them in the future with there game aspect! I love to see when the Croatian team just before kickoff, put there hand on there heart, to me that means, that men is proud and ready to play for his country.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts