Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do u guys think about what happend in Gent this weekend?

The ref maybe made a mistake but even after seeing the replay's it's hard to tell if it was a penalty or not and god knows where the referee was at that moment.
I mean such things happen in football but that reaction is unacceptable and they should be fined very heavely. I mean they're making a fool out of the whole Belgian football.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Indeed who do they think they are. It would be very interesting to see how many games, certainy at Standard, were teh ref gave it in their direction. Take the game against Mouscron if they hadn't equialised in the 6e minute in overtime we would probably still be playing :rolleyes:.

I can understand that Peter Ballette of Heusden Zolder complains about the ref. I'm a fan of one of the big clubs and yes we once in a while get the advantage. Fans of Brugge and Genk and Standard will have to admit the same thing.

The only reason that Standard will not end second is that they are not good enough. No left wing, no playmaker, no decent leftback and above that no depth in their squad. This behaviour once again shows why Standard is without a price fopr ove 10 years now: absolutely not able to do some critical self-reflexion.

I say a hge fine and why not: 6 points deducted.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Try to watch the (supposed) penaltyfoul myself on VTM's online Stadion, but certainly only with that one camera-angle it's impossible to see. Screen is enough to see the disgracefull reaction after the game. Really it's hard to believe that some of those people are members of the board. :dazed: One of these guys grabbed Dragotinuvic by the throath who tried to stop him. :rollani:

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree that they should get a huge fine and maybe points deducted.

Mpenza can consider himself lucky he didn't recieve a red card after attacking the ref during the game.

I'm not biased or something because I don't really support any team in Belgium and wanted Standard to end second (untill this weekend).

They've probably also ruined a man's career. I'm talking about the referee, do you really think he still has any reputation?
I'd also be suprised if he hasn't got any huge threats already ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts