Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
best striker currently JOVANOVIC is scoring like a crazy MOFO and americano defender Gooooooooooch is shutting down pathetic offensive playas...they will win the triple this yr

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
I was impressed with them when they played against Liverpool. Tbh i can't remember any other team giving us a good game as they gave us both home and away. I include Utd, and Chelsea in that. It's a shame they can't play in the Champions League, because imo they deserve to.

·
Registered
70,194 Posts
Yep, they look very solid. One of the teams of the moment, or the season.

Anyway, best team in the world is a bit excessive. They should have beat Liverpool.

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
Yep, they look very solid. One of the teams of the moment, or the season.

Anyway, best team in the world is a bit excessive. They should have beat Liverpool.
Not really. They had problems putting the ball in the back of the net. Until they do that no team deserves to win.

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
best striker currently JOVANOVIC is scoring like a crazy MOFO and americano defender Gooooooooooch is shutting down pathetic offensive playas...they will win the triple this yr
:proud:

Seems like they're getting more and more attention in Europe.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Witsel is the best player in that team from what I've seen, then Defour.

I also really like Dante.

Good team, really athletic, all big, pacy, strong. The best Stoke ever.

·
Registered
44,368 Posts

·
Registered
70,194 Posts
Not really. They had problems putting the ball in the back of the net. Until they do that no team deserves to win.
That´s why I say it´s excessive. The best team in the world score and kill their opponent.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
What an insult :howler:
They're similar ethos, look to overwhelm teams with size, speed and power. They have better players, though.

No long throw, mind. And Witsel/Defour means they have quite a bit more going on in the middle.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
As well as Jovanovic being brilliant up front...he's kind of just exploded this season!

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
They're similar ethos, look to overwhelm teams with size, speed and power. They have better players, though.

No long throw, mind. And Witsel/Defour means they have quite a bit more going on in the middle.
They play a lot wider and more entertaining than Stoke who usually just rely on their throw ins :smileani:

Standard are actually one of the few sides that I really like to watch these days, meaning I don't usually miss their games.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Stoke rely on being big and fast and powerful.

Which is similar to Standard, just not as good. I also enjoy Standard, they're a 90's premiership kick and rush style throwback team in many ways, you don't get that style of play in England so much anymore.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
i have been predicting to see such this views about standard liege. they do really impress me in the european spot. i`ve watched them in some games this season against liverpool, everton, sampdoria. they play a very exciting performance, open games at home and away and don`t care about or respect the opponents or fear them more than what`s required.

i respect this team too much.:thumbsup:

·
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
2,465 Posts
It's such a shame this team is going to be torn apart very soon. After Fellaini, Jovanovic, Witsel, Defour, Dante and Onyewu are as good as definitely on their way out, some even this winter already (Dante to Werder I read today).

Gotta love football nowadays :groan:

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Jovanovic was being linked with Real Madrid last week, definitely don't want him going there. Think he would be good in a mid to high level English club though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts