Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Stamford Bridge yesterday. The state of the pitch was already awful, but Chelsea decided to destroy it. I can not understand why UEFA accepts this, when there are 1000 stadiums in London where you could play a football game on a decent pitch. I am sure that in 2 weeks, we'll see a perfect grass in Highbury, in the game between Arsenal and Real Madrid. But this talks about the level of the decent teams, like Arsenal, and the level of the small clubs like Chelsea... and they can win whatever, but they'll never be something.

I am sick of Chelsea and their dirty tricks. Last year, Mourinho declared publically that we had "talked" with the referee to win the game. It was proven that it was a lie, but still nothing happened to Mourinho. In any case, we had to suffer how Collina gave them the game, after all that weeks on talks. The stupid Italian ref went scared by Mourinho and gave them the game.

The Chelsea fans caused riots in Barcelona, 9 of them were captured by the police, and they spread violence in several zones of the city. Really pathetic, like in the worse years of hooliganism.

In that field of potatoes, last year, our fans were insulted by the members of the board of Chelsea, the fans threw objects to our zone and our black players suffered racial abuse, not only by the fans, but by stewards and members of Chelsea FC.

Yesterday, we had to see how Chelsea threw water on the already muddy pitch for NINE hours.... and UEFA still accepts this.

It's truly disgusting all this, a club that just want to ruin the show. Millions of fans waiting for this football game and Mourinho spends his time "creating" the worst pitch in football's history.

"We care about football"... BULLSHIT! Shame on Chelsea, shame on UEFA!

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
I believe Mourinho hopes Barca and Riijkard think exactly as you do., if there shld something scheming.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Koeman4 said:
This is Stamford Bridge yesterday. The state of the pitch was already awful, but Chelsea decided to destroy it. I can not understand why UEFA accepts this, when there are 1000 stadiums in London where you could play a football game on a decent pitch. I am sure that in 2 weeks, we'll see a perfect grass in Highbury, in the game between Arsenal and Real Madrid. But this talks about the level of the decent teams, like Arsenal, and the level of the small clubs like Chelsea... and they can win whatever, but they'll never be something.

I am sick of Chelsea and their dirty tricks. Last year, Mourinho declared publically that we had "talked" with the referee to win the game. It was proven that it was a lie, but still nothing happened to Mourinho. In any case, we had to suffer how Collina gave them the game, after all that weeks on talks. The stupid Italian ref went scared by Mourinho and gave them the game.

The Chelsea fans caused riots in Barcelona, 9 of them were captured by the police, and they spread violence in several zones of the city. Really pathetic, like in the worse years of hooliganism.

In that field of potatoes, last year, our fans were insulted by the members of the board of Chelsea, the fans threw objects to our zone and our black players suffered racial abuse, not only by the fans, but by stewards and members of Chelsea FC.

Yesterday, we had to see how Chelsea threw water on the already muddy pitch for NINE hours.... and UEFA still accepts this.

It's truly disgusting all this, a club that just want to ruin the show. Millions of fans waiting for this football game and Mourinho spends his time "creating" the worst pitch in football's history.

"We care about football"... BULLSHIT! Shame on Chelsea, shame on UEFA!
When a club is not confident in their abilities they need such cheap tricks like turning a pitch into a potatoe field. I hope for you it won't result in injuries of the players and yes, UEFA should punish such disgusting acts. :frustrat:

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FiveMagics said:
Eto'o is renowned for his bullsh*t and some of the stewards themselves were black. If it were true other people would of heard it and there would be this big uproar.
It was a big mess, I recall to be talking about that for a week. Not just on Eto'o, but on several black members of the team, even our coach. You can't attack the racism of the Bernabeu, if you don't do the same in Stamford Bridge, you know? It was in the papers for a week or so.

EDIT: Anyway, that's just one among 1000 things.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Once again, this is nothing new with Chelsea. The beach match against Charlton circa January 2003 is infamous.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hala Madrid said:
Just do the same to them when they go to Barcelona.
Actually we changed the grass to play in perfect conditions, since the pitch had problems.

In any case, I would not fall to their level in that sense. On the other hand, I'd talk with EMD and Sport to heat the atmosphere this time, as they did when Figo came for the first time. And of course, I hope that the police retains these Chelsea fans in a separated place out of the city to avoid problems, because the security of the city goes first.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
The worst that pitch can do is cause a reaction before the games even started. Unfortunately the Spanish media are doing a good job of starting it. Chelsea have to play on the pitch as well while there players hold less technique. It will be hard for them too.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
I actually do not think the pitch will cause that much problems, because like Maz said, Chelsea will have to deal with it as well. With a little bit of luck, the pitch will actually give us the win. Imagine the ball bouncing with a strange curve into the goal. Or imagine Lampard shooting at the goal, but the ball getting stuck in the mud 1 inch before the goal line. :D

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
The pitch will cause a lot more troubles for the team with better technics nand i believe, that's Barça. Mourinho knows it obviously too, that's why he watered the pitch. Bastard!

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
O please shut the **** up, this the biggest bulshit that I heard coming from a Barca fan.

What's next, the goals are too small.

you guys should listen to Rijkaard, atleast he is the Barca manager.

This is coming from Rijkaard.

“I hope this is the last question about the pitch or about any kind of psychological games,” he pleaded. “I can understand that the press would like to see something happening in that direction because then there is more excitement for them.

“But there are no hard feelings. I think Chelsea is a great club and I think Chelsea is doing a great job. It is a wonderful opponent and we love to play the game tomorrow. We hope that it will be an exciting game once more. I think the press are inventing a lot of tricks and ideas.

“I don’t think there is any kind of psychological edge to it at all,” he said of the pitch preparations. “I see it as Chelsea doing the best they can to get it in the best state possible for tomorrow night.

“Chelsea have observed normal UEFA protocol. They have allowed us to train at the time of the match in the stadium and that is fine by me. Chelsea will be affected by the poor pitch just as much as ourselves and they are doing the best to get the pitch right.”

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Already blaming the state of things before the match.... booo!!

Then Barca shld Strike and demand playing it in the forests of Africa.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
lili said:
The pitch will cause a lot more troubles for the team with better technics nand i believe, that's Barça. Mourinho knows it obviously too, that's why he watered the pitch. Bastard!
Yes and No, if the ball holds up then it might play into Chelsea hand with long balls, but if its slippery then control will be important.

Geez, on the eve of the most anticipated champions league tie of the round and rather than the discussion on whos loss will be more out of Xavi and Essien or who is playing its about the pitch.

To me it seems set up like the excuse is there.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Maz said:
Yes and No, if the ball holds up then it might play into Chelsea hand with long balls, but if its slippery then control will be important.

Lol, on the eve of the most anticipated champions league tie of the round and rather than the discussion on whos loss will be more out of Xavi and Essien or who is playing its about the pitch.

To me it seems set up like the excuse is there.
In such great matches every little detail is important. Why would Mourinho let water the pitch in this time of the year if not because it might bring and advantage to his team?
Admit it, the guy is a bastard!

1 - 20 of 184 Posts