·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:happy:

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/mar18p.html

Juve approve new stadium
Tuesday 18 March, 2008
Juventus’ Board of Directors has approved the construction of a new £82m stadium on the site of the old Stadio Delle Alpi.

The plans to create a new arena had been put on hold with the Calciopoli scandal and their demotion to Serie B, but finally look set to go ahead.

However, they specified that it would not require an increase in the club’s capital.

The stadium should be ready for the 2011-12 season and until then Juve will continue to share the Olimpico with local rivals Torino.

The Delle Alpi was constructed for the 1990 World Cup, but has always been extremely unpopular for its cavernous size.

The worst aspect of it was the athletics track that created a large gap between the stands and the pitch.

Juve aim to create a modern ‘British style’ stadium that can also be used for conferences, events and shopping centres.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
In time for Italy to host Euro 2012.

·
Administrator
52,992 Posts
Finally, they have been holding this off for years :p (despite the understandable hold off, its annoying) Dont care how big it will be, aslong as they create a new shiny quality stadio on the grounds of the disfigured Delle Alpi.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
In time for Italy to host Euro 2012.
:howler:

Good for Juventus. The Delle Alphi looks cool but the running track was a terrible decision to put in since it was built soccer specific for the World Cup. Are there any blueprints what the new arena might look like?

·
Registered
17,536 Posts
I don't think there's anything out atm for the latest developments, but i think it will look pretty similar from the outside.

This is the last model i've seen however:

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Well, nobody bothered to show up at Delle Empty, that's why I asked :D

Come to think of it, I like Martins idea :pp

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Well, nobody bothered to show up at Delle Empty, that's why I asked :D

Come to think of it, I like Martins idea :pp
Wouldn't that be something though? People just sitting wherever the hell they want, getting into fights over seating locations, beating each other with the plastic chairs. Ah, I can just picture it. :D

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Well, the hooligans wouldn't have chairs to throw around, which is always a positive thing! Second, they can't throw them at the players either. Third, if you happen to sit next to a hooligan, you can now easily move away from the spot to a more suited place :D.

Martin, you're a genius, very interesting idea of yours!

·
Administrator
52,992 Posts
I did, you allways been faking you like Parma for years, your one devilish mofo, you planned to hook in Vald as your biz partner :proud: What mischief will you dupe Vald to smuggle into Sweden din norske jvel :nono:

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
I did, you allways been faking you like Parma for years, your one devilish mofo, you planned to hook in Vald as your biz partner :proud: What mischief will you dupe Vald to smuggle into Sweden din norske jvel :nono:
My sympathies for Parma were entirely sincere. I should say, however, that this was at a time when Parma was a team of Buffon, Thuram, Veron and Crespo. They were something to admire. I can't say that I feel the same attraction now that they totally suck. :pp

But you know how it is. You do something for a while and it starts feeling natural. So yeah I still sort of sympathize with them even though all hopes of achieving anything beyond Serie A survival are long gone. And heck, they have so many lovable fans too. :D

I'm doing contraband into Sweden and let Vald take the fall for it. ;)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts