Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
|

Your back-to-back league Champions and the Cup winners will contest the Spanish Supercopa first leg in Valencia on Sunday evening.

The current Supercopa trophy has only existed since 1982, but between 1940 and 1953 several other tournaments between the Spanish league champions and the cup winners (then "Copa del Generalísimo") were played.

In 1940 it had the name of "Copa de Campeones".

It was not played again until 1945, when the Ambassador of Argentina, due to the good relations with the Spanish military government, offered a trophy called "Copa de Oro Argentina". In 1947 the "Copa Eva Duarte de Perón" was established as an annual tournament, as a tribute to the President of Argentina and his wife, the popular "Evita". They were played between September and December, usually as one-match finals.

Real Madrid play for every trophy to win but a defeat to Valencia wouldn't be disastrous. In last years' edition we were hammered by Sevilla but recovered to post the best league numbers in History by Christmas.

The team essentially picks itself, with Schuster only having to make one decision between Arjen Robben and Robson de Souza.

Casillas

Ramos - Pepe - Heinze - Torres

Diarra - Guti

VdV - Raúl - Robben

V.Nistelrooy

SSC | Sunday, 17 August 08, 22:00 CET| Estadio Mestalla

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To be honest, I haven't bothered with any of the pre-season games bar the one against Arsenal. In that game the evident lack of speed and mobility in our game was excruciatingly painful to watch. I think RVN's overall game has perhaps regressed a notch (although he is still good for 20+ goals) while Raul seems to be losing a yard of pace on an annual basis. I don't think it is right that Schuster has to choose between Robinho and Robben, in reality the real choice he needs to make is between Raul and Van Nistelrooy.

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
Yup, you should have watched the game today, van der Vaart and Guti showed some real magic, but our strikers were nonexistent.

I'm sick of this "one-winger" stuff, to have a real balanced attack (although Ramos really owns the right flank), we need two wingers. The system with two slow strikers is unbearable.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let's see if Schuster has the balls, doesn't his wife wear the trousers at home? :rollani:

He's starting to piss me off with some of his decisions, if both Raul and RVN start in Jornada 1 we will have to question his personality.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Your back-to-back league Champions and the Cup winners will contest the Spanish Supercopa first leg in Valencia on Sunday evening.
What, you are not a Real Madrid fan anymore or I didn't understand you here?:confused:

You know Schuster is going to start against Deportivo with both of them from the first minute. He probably thinks...wou what a midfield with maestro VdV and my blondy. Ruud and Raul will get plenty of chances with their services, tonight they had just a day off.:rollani:

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Well to be fair, they did have an off day and I hope it was only that or else we're going to have serious problems this season.

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
I really hope That Calderon and co. are meeting in a presidential box to discuss a certain quick, skilled striker.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Pepe is suspended for this game.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
dont understand why some are so pestimistic...

la liga and all domestic titles are ours to lose while this year I feel could bring us our 10th.

some other thread I states we need Diarra and Player X who is now RVDV to help take us to the next level and early indications seem to be correct.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Javi Garcia and Torres have been called up for the Spanish U-21s(same with Valencia's Mata Puta). They are scheduled to travel on the Sunday, so unless the football federation changes that date to Monday, we'll be left with four defenders... Salgado-Ramos-Metzelder-Heinze.

·
R0naldo
23,405 Posts
This is a good test.Valencia is always good opponent....We will see what this team can do.I predict high victory...3:0..since i don't think that we will concede a goal.Man look at that defence...I think it is definitely the best in the world..Btw i saw Marcelo agains china.he is the feking Roberto Carlos.Very,very valuable player for the future of RM...I am so exiting for his further development to R.Carlos standard

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
What do you all prefer

Salgado - Ramos - Metzleder - Heinze

OR

Ramos - Metzelder - Heinze - Torres

I feel most would prefer the second but the problem is I've never seen Metz play that CB position before and it apparently isn't that easy to play both with no problem. The only two players that can rotate those two spots with no problem are Canna and Ramos from what I've seen.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
i prefer the second every day of the week. hell if you gave me a salgado-beckebauer-baresi-maldini backline, i still might prefer the second one.

salgado is hopeless, and villa and silva will just dive their way to victory if salgado's tackles dont break their legs within the first 10 minutes. i can understand ramos going up and leaving his man as he has the pace to track back for a last ditch tackle, but salgado is slow, hoever hard he might try it wont speed him up.

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
Today is your lucky day red hat.

Javi and Torres will be available for the game, and will report to their camp on monday instead of friday.

Line up will be

Casillas
Ramos Metzelder Heinze Torres
Diarra
Guti ---- VdV
---------------Robben/Robinho
Ruud Raul​

1 - 20 of 402 Posts